Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Meaning of life secrets revealed
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:58 am 
Junior Looney

ok here is a thred created to let you in on some secrets aboout the movie the meaning of life i will reveal one once every week or once every day i don't know yet, but here is the first one

Mr. Creosote

Did you know that Mr. Creosote’s costume took over a 2 days to make? They had to make this huge fat suit, and Terry Jones was in make up for hours putting on the fat suit and taking it off. On top of that, he had to spend a few more hours in make up for the prosthetic face. When the costume was finished Terry had a tough time walking.

The throw up that Mr. Creosote, well, threw up was a mixture of mayonnaise, mustard, eggs, ketchup and all other nasty things. They had like 6 tubs of this crap made for the movie and they ended up only using 4 tubs. The way they got Mr. Creosote to vomit is under his table they hid a tub of the stuff and they put this long tube running under the table and into the costume. Someone was under the table and when Mr. Creosote started to throw up the person started pumping the stuff and it would shoot out of the costume. It took a long time to get the tube in the right position so that the tube was hidden and it looked like he was throwing up. For the part when he exploded they used a catapult and they used 2 tubs of the vomit. While they where shooting this scene the innocent spectators wanted to have this crap catapulted at them.

There is a deleted scene with Mr. Creosote in which Mr. Creosote goes for a little walk to the restaurant. He has a little wheel that connects to his fat so he can walk. While he is walking this song is playing:

I love my fat
My fat loves me
We go together just as big as three
We go out walking just as big as three
We shake and jiggle and then we leave

After this song has stopped, and he has reached the restaurant, he gives his little wheel to the doorman and then enters, and then there is a short flash and Mr. Creosote emerges from the restaurant and stumbles down the stairs; he looks like he’s dancing then he faints.

This scene could have made it into the film if they cut out the part when Mr. Creosote comes out of the restaurant then it would blend in with everything that happened. Everyone thinks that Mr. Creosote was animated well let’s set the record straight he was not animated the only part that was animated was when he exploded.

The day after the Autumn Years was shot, they had some intensive cleaning to do because there was a wedding party coming in. Imagine the smell of the crap. It was everywhere. On the floors, walls, and yes even the ceiling.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:12 pm 
Looney Elite

very interesting. especially the bit about the deleted scene. where did you find that?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:33 pm 
Major Looney

its on the extras on the DVD special edition :D
i thought in the commentary it said they used some kind of soup for the sick though - i can't remember which one and my dvd is at home...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:56 pm 
Senior Looney

Well the part of that deleted scene with Creosote dancing around was just Jonesy ad-libbing, because the scene was completed after he came into the restaurant. Also the vomit was made of vegetable soup and some kind of salad.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:13 pm 
a lovely mixture then! but i have seen a photograph fo terry jones in full costume walking with wheels underneath. i think its in the official autobiography: 'the pythons by the pythons' but i can't place it. thanks for the insight tho...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:47 pm 
Junior Looney

they almost didn't use mr creosote

and the lord said to abraham "you shall thy oldest son" and abraham said to the lord "WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU SPEAK INTO THE MICROPHONE" "OH I'M SORRY IS THIS BETTER CHECK... CHECK... TONY TURN IT UP A LITTLE BIT"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:52 am 
Admin Overlord

I think the story goes that Terry Jones read the Mr. Creasote bit out and didn't get much of a laugh so it went on the discard pile. A week or so later John Cleese phoned him up and suggested that they use it after all, because he'd worked out that the head waiter was a great funny part that he'd probably end up doing.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:06 pm 
Junior Looney

Cardinal Fang wrote:
I think the story goes that Terry Jones read the Mr. Creasote bit out and didn't get much of a laugh so it went on the discard pile. A week or so later John Cleese phoned him up and suggested that they use it after all, because he'd worked out that the head waiter was a great funny part that he'd probably end up doing.

CF

John didn't find it funny then a week later he did call the director hysterical laughing

and the lord said to abraham "you shall thy oldest son" and abraham said to the lord "WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU SPEAK INTO THE MICROPHONE" "OH I'M SORRY IS THIS BETTER CHECK... CHECK... TONY TURN IT UP A LITTLE BIT"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:08 pm 
Junior Looney

when they first did mr. creosote they put a fish sticking out of his mouth instead of a pinapple, but john clesse couln't stop laughing and they did like 20 takes and the fish kept going depper down mr. creostoes throght

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:29 pm 
Senior Looney

Christopher Tucker,the guy who designed Mr. Creosote also created the make up for the movies 'The Elephant Man' and 'The company of wolves.' (two brilliant films!!) I saw a documentary where Terry Jones explains that when the body suit came off,it was weird just to walk around with that big round head.

Last edited by Jeremy Almond-poo on Sun May 21, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:30 pm 
Major Looney

rotfl i would *love* to see a pic of that!
that and eddie murphy in the nutty professor minus the fatsuit

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:24 pm 
Senior Looney

I'm sorry if I'm going to be rude but eric_idle125, you're really getting on my nerves with your 'oh look how smart I am by knowing this' attitude. Sorry if you don't mean it this way but I just want to say this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films