Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post subject: monty python in hollywood
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:47 am 
Major Looney

for beggining- i'm from poland so forgive me my english. And i'm new on thes forum...
Ladys and Bruces!
Yesterday i watched Monty python live at hollywood bowl and.. it was terrific! It's my dream to see them on stage, they improvisations... but it's quite impossible... have some of you seen their performance? Please, say something about it! they had many perforamnces in england. I wish to live in 60s and 70s...

Post subject: Re: monty python in hollywood
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:51 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
iwona wrote:
for beggining- i'm from poland so forgive me my english. And i'm new on thes forum...
Ladys and Bruces!
Yesterday i watched Monty python live at hollywood bowl and.. it was terrific! It's my dream to see them on stage, they improvisations... but it's quite impossible... have some of you seen their performance? Please, say something about it! they had many perforamnces in england. I wish to live in 60s and 70s...

I fell in love with Monty Python and specially with Eric after watching this movie with some friends. They all told me "Kiri, let's watch it, you'll like it for sure!!". And they were right, since then (about three years ago) I've been in love with that silly people.
I'd love watching them on stage.... But I know it's impossible.... Fortunatelly I'm going to see Spamalot the 10th November in London!! I'm really excited!! I know it's not the same, but as it's Eric's script and is about Holy Grail.... it'll be great!!! :D:D

Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:37 pm 
Senior Looney

Kiri_84 wrote:
iwona wrote:
Ladys and Bruces!

I fell in love with Monty Python and specially with Eric after watching this movie with some friends. They all told me "Kiri, let's watch it, you'll like it for sure!!". And they were right, since then (about three years ago) I've been in love with that silly people.
I'd love watching them on stage.... But I know it's impossible.... Fortunatelly I'm going to see Spamalot the 10th November in London!! I'm really excited!! I know it's not the same, but as it's Eric's script and is about Holy Grail.... it'll be great!!! :D:D

OOOOHHHHH!!!! You're going to LOVE IT!!!! I saw it on January 28th as a Bar-Mitzvah present with 2 other friends, and we were cracking up the whole time! Just two things before you go:

*Bring ALOT of money for merchandise that they sell after the show (coconuts, soundtrack, t-shirts, etc...)

*Wear asmuch Monty Python clothing as possible! You'll blend right in-believe me!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:55 am 
Senior Looney

mrgumby4200 wrote:
Kiri_84 wrote:
iwona wrote:
Ladys and Bruces!

OOOOHHHHH!!!! You're going to LOVE IT!!!! I saw it on January 28th as a Bar-Mitzvah present with 2 other friends, and we were cracking up the whole time! Just two things before you go:

*Bring ALOT of money for merchandise that they sell after the show (coconuts, soundtrack, t-shirts, etc...)

*Wear asmuch Monty Python clothing as possible! You'll blend right in-believe me!

Really? I was planning to take a lot of money to buy all the stuff I could afford, but I saw it at the website and it's really expensive!! :shock: :shock:

And about Python clothing.... I though about that too, but I wasn't sure because you know, it's an English Theatre and such, and maybe people would look at me in a bad way..... (just kidding :wink: :wink: ) I really don't know what I'm going to wear :? :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:55 am 
Major Looney

Oh, you're so lucky!! It's impossible for me to go to London... it's too expensive... but I would like to see it! maybe it will available on DVD? it would be great!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:05 am 
Senior Looney

iwona wrote:
Oh, you're so lucky!! It's impossible for me to go to London... it's too expensive... but I would like to see it! maybe it will available on DVD? it would be great!

Really?? Nowadays flights from Barcelona to London are really cheap. The flight from Barcelona to London has cost me 9€ (about $9) and the flight from London to Barcelona only 30€. Well, that's without the taxes, but including taxes the return flight it's only about 100€....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:13 am 
Major Looney

9$??? so cheap? but 100$ is for me expensive because it's about 400 złotych (our currency) and you need money for living there (pound is more expensive=6 złotych, you can buy here for it 3 loafs of bread :D ).
And i'm too young, I think...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:30 am 
Senior Looney

iwona wrote:
9$??? so cheap? but 100$ is for me expensive because it's about 400 złotych (our currency) and you need money for living there (pound is more expensive=6 złotych, you can buy here for it 3 loafs of bread :D ).
And i'm too young, I think...

Yeay, could be :wink: I'm 22, I'm not studying (at least until next September), I've got an 8-hours-a-day job and I live with my parents, so once in a while I can afford one of these big caprices like going to London for a weekend just to see Spamalot. Well, and visiting the city again, which will be great. I'm going there with my Mum who has never been to London, and I'm sure she'll love the city :D:D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:54 am 
Major Looney

i'm 16 and today I've started school so... but I'm sure that I'll visit London one beautiful day...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:38 pm 
Senior Looney

iwona wrote:
i'm 16 and today I've started school so... but I'm sure that I'll visit London one beautiful day...

I'm 14, and going back to school tommorow. I'm not very excited, but it gives me time to make some new friends (I'm going into High-School), and hopefully, some will be Looneys, too! :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:07 am 
Senior Looney

iwona wrote:

Yeay, sure. When I first went to London I was 20 :)

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films