Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Which Monty Python Film is the best?
Meaning of Life 13%  13%  [ 16 ]
Life of Brian 33%  33%  [ 40 ]
Holy Grail 45%  45%  [ 54 ]
And Now For Somethhing Completely Different 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Live at the Hollywood Bowl 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 121

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:45 pm 
Looney Elite

ANFSCD is sort of a "best of" for Flying Circus, with the most popular sketches from the first two series (i think) reshot into a film. no new material except for some links.

Hollywood Bowl is a live performance shot at the Hollywood Bowl out in california during the early 80s. i don't think there's any new material on this one either, but it's good performance.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:55 pm 
Amazing Looney

Ray Ray wrote:
fair enough.
Quote:
And i loved the "where has the FISH gone?" part, it's just so funny

I KNOW! but also so weird. thats why i like it, i think...

I didnt like the fishy fish the first time I saw it. But that may have been because MOL was the first python thing I saw... took awhile to get used to it... now i love the fishy fish, im laughing at terry and graham's brilliant performances. Nobody could do it like they do.... fishy, fishy, fishy, fish!

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:29 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
Hollywood Bowl for me. But it was a hard fight between that and Life of Brian :) :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:41 am 
Senior Looney

though, I hate it, I can't find Hollywood Bowl anywhere! and Monty Python's flying circus was on Belgian television a few weeks ago, but they stopped it, without a reason!!! life just isn't fair!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:48 am 
Major Looney

Yes, I know that life is not fair! Flying Circus was in polish television in the beggining of 90s but I can't remember that (I was too young :) ) and there aren't any pythons movies except ANFSCD which was 10 years ago!
Fortunately, I've got all this films including Hollywood bowl which is great!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:19 am 
Senior Looney

MP hasn't been on TV here for years. A small channel used to show Flying Circus some years ago, but I think the movies have never been on.... :x :x Luckily Life of Brian, Holy Grail and Meaning of Life are easy to find in DVD stores. Most of my Python stuff is original, but I download from a program called eMule things that are not available here, like the German episodes, the Live at Aspen show....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:29 pm 
Major Looney

I have only "meaning of life" original (actually it's my brother's) and another films, flying circus, python night, live in aspen, hollywood, german... i've got from internet :oops: (my brother downloaded everything). In polish shops there isn't flying circus....and maybe if it be i will buy it...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:41 pm 
Senior Looney

iwona wrote:
I have only "meaning of life" original (actually it's my brother's) and another films, flying circus, python night, live in aspen, hollywood, german... i've got from internet :oops: (my brother downloaded everything). In polish shops there isn't flying circus....and maybe if it be i will buy it...

Yeay, I use to download a lot too, but for Python I don't mind spending my money. Flying Circus dvd's are hard to find here. There are nine of them with 5 episodes in each, and I've got seven, still two left :) :) Soon I'll get them, but they are a little bit expensive :? :?

What I like to download the most are things that are unavailable here like Eric's appearences in the Daily Show or in Saturday Night Live :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:46 am 
Senior Looney

iwona wrote:
Yes, I know that life is not fair! Flying Circus was in polish television in the beggining of 90s but I can't remember that (I was too young :) ) and there aren't any pythons movies except ANFSCD which was 10 years ago!
Fortunately, I've got all this films including Hollywood bowl which is great!

now I'm very upset... I want to see it! I'll sent an email to tv, asking of they would broadcast a MP film... I'll hope they'd do it! keep your fingers crossed!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:52 am 
Senior Looney

fogchicken wrote:
Ray Ray wrote:
fair enough.
Quote:
And i loved the "where has the FISH gone?" part, it's just so funny

I KNOW! but also so weird. thats why i like it, i think...

I didnt like the fishy fish the first time I saw it. But that may have been because MOL was the first python thing I saw... took awhile to get used to it... now i love the fishy fish, im laughing at terry and graham's brilliant performances. Nobody could do it like they do.... fishy, fishy, fishy, fish!

yesterday i spent almost half an hour seeing it again and again
I'm trying to imitate graham's scream (ouuu, fishy...) but it's hard and people look at me strangely when i do that in the street

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:09 am 
Major Looney

Cedric wrote:
now I'm very upset... I want to see it! I'll sent an email to tv, asking of they would broadcast a MP film... I'll hope they'd do it! keep your fingers crossed!

I'll, I'll, but i'm not sure if they listen to you... I signed petition about broadcasting flying circus on TVP but this petition has begun 2 years ago and there is nothing on TV...[/list][/code]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:24 pm 
Senior Looney

iwona wrote:
Cedric wrote:

I'll, I'll, but i'm not sure if they listen to you... I signed petition about broadcasting flying circus on TVP but this petition has begun 2 years ago and there is nothing on TV...[/list][/code]

at least I can try!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films