Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: Is Python...dead?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:00 am 
Starting Loony

Now that it's almost 2007, I've been noticing something that has got me in a rut. I haven't seen any new Python material for a year now. Their 40th anniversery is coming up in a few years, but are they going to do anything special, like what they did for the 30th Anniv? Or are they just going to feature another rehash of Flying Circus sketches we've seen thousands of times before and call it the 40th anniv. celebration (like they did with their 20th Anniversery)? Is there a future for Python?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:40 am 
Senior Looney

I've heard that they are going to release one more movie but I don't know when or what about.

"But we must remember that art is art. On the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west. And if you stew cranberries like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:26 pm 
Starting Loony

I doubt it'll happen. They probably can't work together anymore. However, I have heard of a new Python broadway play slated to hit in 2007 entitled "Not the Messiah", based on Life of Brian.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:28 pm 
Hot Hungarian

No they won't that was in the 90's but they let it be, so no more movies :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:36 pm 
Amazing Looney

No no, this python's not dead, it's, it's restin'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:35 pm 
Hot Hungarian

beautiful plumage isn't is?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:24 pm 
Starting Loony

Shauny wrote:
No they won't that was in the 90's but they let it be, so no more movies :(

Ya, in 1990 they wanted to do a Holy Grail sequel (though I don't know how they could without Chapman) But Cleese said no.

Now, I just hope that we can get some new Python material soon.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:33 pm 
Senior Looney

Eric Idel has said he won't reunite with them to do Python any more. Anyway, anything new they do will have something seriously lacking since Graham's gone. I think we should all just accept the fact that they probably won't ever get back together to do a movie or sketches.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:11 pm 
Senior Looney

This thread is so depressing....

"But we must remember that art is art. On the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west. And if you stew cranberries like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:09 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
Don't be depressed! We must be happy that Python ever existed at all!! Could you imagine a world without Python? Too frightening to think about!!!!!! :shock:

Long live Pythonmania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:31 am 
Amazing Looney

Nigel Incubator-Jones wrote:
Eric Idel has said he won't reunite with them to do Python any more. Anyway, anything new they do will have something seriously lacking since Graham's gone. I think we should all just accept the fact that they probably won't ever get back together to do a movie or sketches.

exactly.
Everyone's always saying, new python, new python!
WHY??

Even if they did get back together now and do something, i doubt very much whether it would be anywhere as near as good as what they've done already. Quit while you're ahead, so to speak. Dont you want to the pythons to go out being remembered for the wonderful things they have done, or some half-funny thing that none of them actually wanted to do in the first place?

Besides, as people have said, they're all too busy doing their own things, and it would never properly be python without graham.

But that does not mean to say that I dont think there should be a 40th year thing... maybe some interveiws could be done, or try and get them all together for a reunion interveiw or something?

but back to the question: is python dead? no, only one of them :lol:

as still as there are devoted fans like us who come together to celebrate thier wonderful comedy, and there are still python dvds to be watched and people are watching them, python will never be dead.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:17 am 
Hot Hungarian

fogchicken wrote:

but back to the question: is python dead? no, only one of them :lol:

as still as there are devoted fans like us who come together to celebrate thier wonderful comedy, and there are still python dvds to be watched and people are watching them, python will never be dead.

you make me cry... hope I'll laugh on Python still when I'm 80!!!

is Python dead?
Nope, Monty is immortal! Altough the members die sooner or later, Montys absurd spirit will surely be here forever ;)

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current