Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: Shooting
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:54 pm 
Senior Looney

This is quite possibly the saddest thing that has happened since 9/11. When the shooting at Columbine ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_ ... l_massacre ) happened, I was a child, so it didn't exactly soak in. Have you folks in other countries heard about the shooting at Virginia Tech over in the States? The news says that you've all got reporters here, and I'm currently watching a special report on it.

Here is the link for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. It's apparently the worst shooting on a campus in US history...
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vtech. ... index.html

Personally, I think that it's unexcusable. The fact that the campus police did not respond to this after the first shooting, but instead waited until the second is sickening. Your thoughts? And please no jokes. This is a very serious subject. :cry:

Last edited by mrgumby4200 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:28 am 
Looney Elite

yes, it's not only the largest school shooting, but the largest mass shooting ever in US history. very sad, and i've heard that Jack Thompson is once again jumping in with his "video games are to blame" crusade. the rat bastard...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 am 
Average Looney

Dennis wrote:
yes, it's not only the largest school shooting, but the largest mass shooting ever in US history. very sad, and i've heard that Jack Thompson is once again jumping in with his "video games are to blame" crusade. the rat bastard...

I'm sure some war qualifies more as the "the largest mass shooting ever in US history" than this. War of Independance probably.

I'm also sure that there is a more appropriate place to discuss this type of tragedy than on a comedy board! :roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:48 am 
Looney Elite

:roll:

big difference between a war and a mass shooting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:31 am 
Admin Overlord

But what are the odds that no attempt will be made to actually restrict the supply of guns in the first place.

I know there's a whole second amendment thing, so how about requiring a license to buy ammo (and go with Chris Rock's idea - make it REALLY expensive).

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:35 pm 
Looney Elite

really though, no matter how much you try to restrict the sale of guns, criminals will still get them. that's why they're criminals, they don't obey the law.

it goes back to the old saying, "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." the only way guns possibly contribute to more deaths is by making it easier to inflict them. however, if someone wants to kill people, they'll always find a way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:58 pm 
Paranoid Android

True. Very true.
However, many times in ones life one exhibits stupid, rash behaviour either from fright, misdjudgement, malice or sheer stupidity.
Think of how many accidents can be avoided if one doesn't have a weapon on his person at that time.

Just saying.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:08 pm 
Looney Elite

that's also true, but i think one can safely say that in this case it was more than just "someone having a weapon on his person." having the capacity to kill that many people requires extra ammo at least, if not more than one weapon period.

hope no one takes that last sentence badly...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:48 pm 
Senior Looney

Dennis wrote:
:roll:

big difference between a war and a mass shooting.

I don't know...I look at war as genocide...

Dennis wrote:
that's also true, but i think one can safely say that in this case it was more than just "someone having a weapon on his person." having the capacity to kill that many people requires extra ammo at least, if not more than one weapon period.

hope no one takes that last sentence badly...

Don't worry :) I don't think anyone will

Dave128 wrote:
Dennis wrote:

I'm sure some war qualifies more as the "the largest mass shooting ever in US history" than this. War of Independance probably.

I'm also sure that there is a more appropriate place to discuss this type of tragedy than on a comedy board! :roll:

I just thought it was an appropriate topic to discuss anywhere. It's kind of a large issue...

Dennis wrote:

AGAIN?!?!? I was worried about this right from the start. I remember saying to myself "They're going to try to pin this on GTA or something.", and look at this. This jackass politician has gone and gotten himself into anoyther crazy situation. G-d, I feel like I'm on an episode of I Love Lucy...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:23 pm 
Looney Elite

pfff, he's not even a politician, he's just a nutcase attorney :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:47 pm 
Senior Looney

You must be playing to much Vice City! You sound a bit violent. Don't go off now!!! :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:47 pm 
Major Looney

Cardinal Fang wrote:
But what are the odds that no attempt will be made to actually restrict the supply of guns in the first place.

I know there's a whole second amendment thing, so how about requiring a license to buy ammo (and go with Chris Rock's idea - make it REALLY expensive).

Well, the thing is, criminals are even more likely to get the guns than good people, even though less guns will be in existence. I believe that guns should have no restriction (at least non-WMD lol), because then there would be many more armed good people than criminals whereas now there are more armed criminals that normal people around (including the ones already incarcerated). If everyone had a gun, shootings like this wouldn't happen. People would still die, there is no avoiding that, but criminals would be discouraged from crime (not just shootings) because of a higher likelyhood of death, and there really wouldn't be many more criminals because the mere presence of a gun is not enough to transform a normal person into one. Did that make sense lol?

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current