Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:37 pm 
Starting Loony

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Strangely Brown</i>
<br />Check out her website:

http://www.carolcleveland.com/

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Especially her news page:

http://www.carolcleveland.com/news.htm

She's just now put a <b>LOT</b> of brand-new information about her latest projects up there.

A. N. Onymous

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:28 pm 
Average Looney

One could not possibly make more of an effort than that A.N. If even the director can't find a copy, the odds of it turning up are probably a million to one. But there are hundreds of millions if not billions of people on the internet now so perhaps the quest is not completely hopeless. It must be out there somewhere!

Salad as in lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:26 am 
Starting Loony

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by A. N. Onymous</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by Teddy Salad</i>
<br />Damn! Judging from the pic, I'd like to get my hands on that 'All I Want is You and You and You' film. A.N. could you elaborate on the 'legal difficulties' associated with this movie? I would imagine they are of the 'rights' or 'ownership' variety and not because of the content?

Also, if anyone else has anything to contribute in this vein, feel free to send them to me and I'll stick them up on the page. Even if you're not sure of the validity, send them anyway and we'll sort them out! ( Even fakes can be amusing )

A few years ago, I wrote to Bob Kellett, director of "All I Want...", asking if he knew anything about the film's whereabouts. I still have his response somewhere: I'll dig it out and quote the relevant bits. In the meantime, I have a friend in British showbiz who's trying to locate Tony Tenser, who was head of Tigon British, the film's distributor.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

A new lead has just come in! I've heard that Mr. Tenser is still alive (although in his mid-80s) and I have an email contact for someone who might pass a message along to him. My contact says that Mr. Tenser sold off all his films in the mid-70s, but I think he's still our last best hope, at this stage.

A. N. Onymous

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:09 pm 
Average Looney

Personally, I envy Carol for having the chance to work with the Python gang. Lucky Bastard!!! J/K [;)]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:34 am 
Starting Loony

hi all

ive just picked up on this forum by chance

may i say that i dont know what in the name of god u are all talking about here but my fathers name has been mentioned

yes he is in his mid 80s now and still going strong - and yes film rights were sold off many years ago

tony is contactable thru me - please feel free to hit me with any comments - maybe someone may like to explain to me exactly what this thread is all about ??

regards

b tenser

barnestenser@hotmail.com

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:01 pm 
Senior Looney

it started out with praising Carol's talent, it then switch to, did she ever do anything nude, then it went to

'All I Want is You and You and You'

which is what we are currently discussing, we were wondering if there were any copies left in existence.

~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquistion"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:51 pm 
Starting Loony

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by barnes1</i>
<br />hi all

ive just picked up on this forum by chance

may i say that i dont know what in the name of god u are all talking about here but my fathers name has been mentioned

yes he is in his mid 80s now and still going strong - and yes film rights were sold off many years ago

tony is contactable thru me - please feel free to hit me with any comments - maybe someone may like to explain to me exactly what this thread is all about ??

regards

b tenser

barnestenser@hotmail.com

To briefly recap:

For some years, on and off, I've been trying to locate the film "All I Want Is You...and You...and You," a mid-70s comedy starring Carol Cleveland. Director Bob Kellett, in correspondence with me in 2000 (quoted above), indicated that there might have been some sort of legal tangle involving the film, as a result of which it seems to have disappeared entirely.

The film, released in 1975, was produced by Globebest (probably two fellows in a Soho walkup) and released by British Tigon. I knew that Tony Tenser had been head of British Tigon, and so thought that he might have some idea what had happened to the film. He seemed to me to be the last remaining person who might have an idea: producer Wilbur Stark has since died, and director Kellett didn't know.

A British friend of mine has put me in touch with John Hamilton, an author doing a book on Tenser senior. I've just heard from him with what, for my purposes, is bad news: he tells me that TT sold his holdings in Tigon circa 1972, before "All I Want" was filmed. But I've asked John to pass on my questions anyway. Anything at all that TT might remember about the film, or about the company, might prove helpful in suggesting other directions to search in.

Barnes, if it's true that your dad sold his interest in Tigon, and the film rights, whom did he sell them to? Perhaps I could get in touch with that company or person. (I've heard that some of the Tigon films would up being held, eventually, by Carlton. That sounds like the next step.)

Best regards,

A. N. Onymous

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:46 pm 
Average Looney

A.N.

Barnes1 is just yanking your chain. He's an imposter, trust me.

' I've just picked up on this forum by chance'.

Hmmm. What an extraordinary co-incidence. Just as someone happened to mention your ' father'. What are the odds of that?

'Maybe someone can try to explain to me exactly what this thread is all about'.

As if it wasn't obvious to anyone who can read.

I hope you didn't waste any time e-mailing this joker.

Salad as in lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:24 pm 
Starting Loony

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Teddy Salad</i>

I hope you didn't waste any time e-mailing this joker.

None whatsoever, thanks. However, the connection to TT via John Hamilton was reported to me by someone whom I know IRL to be both well-connected and trustworthy, and so is likely to be legit. I'll pass along anything I may hear from *that* source.

A. N. Onymous

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:10 pm 
Starting Loony

Carol Cleveland. h-h-h-HOT[;)]. specially as zoot and dingo in castle anthrax

"A Tiger, in Africa?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:57 pm 
Junior Looney

All the girls were hot in that scene.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:21 am 
Starting Loony

I too have been searching for this movie for quite some time.

I've known John Hamilton for quite some time - he wrote a great book about Tenser, which (for anybody interested) can be found here:

Beasts in the Cellar: The Exploitation Film Career of Tony Tenser

I also know the guy who purchased the Tigon library (I built his company's website - he is Paris based), but 'All I Want...' was not part of that deal.

My interest in the film is that it features the first acting role of a young Koo Stark...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current