Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: Big gray book vs. little red book
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:03 am 
Senior Looney

This may be a silly question, but...

Can anyone tell me if there's any difference in content between the hardback and paperback editions of the Pythons Autobiography? I'd like to buy the paperback because it'd be much lighter and easier to handle than the hardback I keep checking out of the library. But when I saw the paperback in the book store it looked so small I couldn't believe everything that was in the huge hardback was also in it. Am I a loony? I do want the complete book.

Anyone know if anything was left out of the paperback?

Post subject: Re: Big gray book vs. little red book
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:15 pm 
Average Looney

Ratbag wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there's any difference in content between the hardback and paperback editions of the Pythons Autobiography? I'd like to buy the paperback because it'd be much lighter and easier to handle than the hardback I keep checking out of the library. But when I saw the paperback in the book store it looked so small I couldn't believe everything that was in the huge hardback was also in it. Am I a loony? I do want the complete book.

Well, I have the red one and I don`t find it small! There is practically no difference I suppose (may be the hardback has some more photos). I don`t think they`ve excluded much (at least, as I remember)...

(с)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:36 am 
Amazing Looney

mines a paperback but its not red! :O

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject: Pear-eating ear-dogs (beholding dead penguins - in Libya)
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:35 pm 
Senior Looney

Also, if you randomly change your mind, can not decide, can not find the desired version, change your mind in another non-random manner, or face any other obstacles (for instance unexpected assault on your way to the book's location, a completely unforeseen and uncalled-for temporary halt of time (which brings you in a state of absolute confusion when time is not on halt any longer), or otherwise uncivilized behaviour - which does not fall within the frames of assault - by people that potentially may ruin your mission); you could consider grabbing the mystical Green Book instead.

Of course, only if the reason for your not buying the originally planned object is neither any of the reasons suggested within the paranthesis (paranthesises/parantheses?) a few lines up, nor that you changed your mind in a non-random manner (i.e. in a rather specific manner which will also cause you not to be able to access any other books).

I wish you the best of luck. And your cat (unless it's of the Prokofiev-admiring type: in which case, I primarily wish the cat the best of luck, then you).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:08 pm 
Senior Looney

My brain hurts.
We shall now proceed with the thread as advertised, thankyou.

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current