Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: The Secret Policeman's Film Festival
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:40 pm 
Admin Overlord

This month sees the 30th anniversary of the Amnesty International benefit show "The Secret Policeman's Ball" - co-created by our own John Cleese.

This show that gave its name to the now legendary "Secret Policeman's Ball" series of benefit shows that have been presented over the past three decades in the UK for the benefit of the Nobel Peace Prize-winning human rights organization Amnesty International.

In celebration they are holding a Secret Policeman's Film Festival in Los Angeles and New York. Between June 11 to July 19 in LA and June 26 to July 31 in NY, there will be a series of showing of rare versions of films, TV specials and documentaries that chronicled the shows. These will include the films of all the original shows, the three most recent Balls (organized by Eddie Izzard who was personally selected by John Cleese to carry on the "Secret Policeman's Ball" mantle in the 21st Century).

In addition, the festival will present films of Amnesty USA's 1980s and 1990s music tours and concerts - several of which have not been seen in any medium for over 20 years and have never been released on vidio or DVD.

The Secret Policeman's Balls have featured absolute comedy and music legends including:
The Pythons, Peter Cook, U2, The Police, Eddie Izzard, Hugh Laurie, Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton, Stephen Fry, Rowan Atkinson, Santana, Radiohead and oodles more!!!

For more info, dates and locations, and to see clips from the shows, they have a website at http://www.secretpolicemansball.com/

Seriously, if you've not seen any of the Secret Policeman's Balls and have a the chance to go, see they, they are bloomin' brilliant!

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject: Re: The Secret Policeman's Film Festival
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:00 am 
Starting Loony

What is causing this film and what can I do about it? I have a tabletop waterfall made by Thomas Kinkade. I have been using both well and spring water and keep getting this white film on top of the water. It does not affect the flow of the water. Any suggestions on what to do to keep it from happening ?

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current