Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: Countdown to 40
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:58 am 
Senior Looney

A week to go! Monty Python turn 40 soon, this thread is for articles about the anniversary.
Please post them as you find them.

We might as well begin with An Evening Without Monty Python, which Sir Michael will be attending next weekend, and isn't there a similar re-union in New York City and later in the UK (minus Cleese?).

With GeoCities soon closing, I am sad to announce the impending deletion of my website, The Largest Monty Python Collection in the Entire World, on 5th October 2009, although I'll set up a new one in due course, with a much-needed technological refresh; thank you to all who have visited or linked to it. On the plus side, my extremely unique book about Monty Python is nearing the very very very early draft (i.e. Sir Michael numbered the pages and is kicking around some titles), so stay tuned right here on BBC One.

The anniversary of the first Python broadcast is always a kick and there are bound to be references to it, both obvious and slight, right and left. In 1994, Federal Express cooked up a very sly joke for the 25th anniversary in a little-known radio advert about a dead parrot - who knows what lurks in 2009? Can't wait to see Keith Olbermann's programmes this week, he's bound to have a field day, and if you are a merchant banker or chartered accountant, I'd certainly be on the lookout for a 16 tonne weight falling from the sky.

Post subject: Re: Countdown to 40
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:27 pm 
Admin Overlord

The Royal Albert Hall is doing a special performance of "Not The Messiah" on Friday 23 October and starring Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam (hopefully) with Carol Cleveland + Neil Innes.

Don't know if there is are any tickets left but look here: http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/monty-python/default.aspx

There are a few Python fans from the PythOnline forum going to it and we're contemplating a meet.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current