Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: need help to get funny idea´s
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:13 pm 
Senior Looney

I`m making a short video at school now.. ore actually , we started today.So i need a good idea.

I want to make a funny movie, but( sadly) I ´m not very funny myself.

Does anyone have any good ideas ?...someting funny,great if it is python-like ..It is supposed to be 1 to 5 minutes long and it have a have dialog ore a monolog in it...

I willl be very glad for any ideas you can give me..

thank you very much

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:52 pm 
Senior Looney

er...how about a 'silliest teacher' compitition? Each teacher has to come up with the silly act and the winner gets a fish.(If the teachers won't do it get your classmates to pretend to be the teachers.)
like:
the math teacher reciting shakespear with a purple face standing in a bucket of custard holding a lemon.
or
the history teacher running 200 miles in 30 seconds(you could speed the film up)
or
the music teacher dressed as a wasp playing a banjo that has no strings
or
the chemistry teacher being attacked by the bee gees whilst trying to smell a carrott
you get the idea.......you could call it 'dum lærer'

Last edited by Jeremy Almond-poo on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:50 am 
Amazing Looney

hehe thats really funny. i like the speeding-the-film-up thing.

I ususally find i get very silly random ideas from everyday life, talking to ppl etc. I write them down in my book of silly things.
No i am serious.... i really do have a book of silly things!
needless to say there is a large python section at the back :wink:

anyway just wait and be on the look out for silly ideas. Usually it happens when you are in a certain situation and you think to yourself "hey imagine if....."

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:29 pm 
Senior Looney

fogchicken wrote:
hehe thats really funny. i like the speeding-the-film-up thing.

"

yeah, i really liked that one too...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:27 pm 
Major Looney

i dunno..... i really liked the bit about reciting shakespeare in a bucket of custard holding a lemon.... but then that appeals to my totally random sense of humor i suppose...

i have a book of silly things too! its great! they're mainly quotes - things ppl have said that made me laugh...

um.... i'm personally not in a particularly random/funny/good mood at the moment, (as have been deprived of sleep every night since sunday night by my evil housemate and her 'friends' so just had a big showdown with her about being an inconsiderate cow :evil: which turned into a screaming match.... well... she screamed - suzie & i are too grown up to throw our toys out of our prams like spoilt little 5 year olds. :x )so i'm not going to come up with any gold.... but you could do what the pythons did and take some normal every day situation and flip it round... liiiiike... i dunno... what would the news be like if nothing happened for a week?
what would they report on?
hm... i dunno - just not in a very funny mood at the mo... will post back later when i actually have something to say...

1 thing b4 i go tho: @ high school we had a thing called 'rag week' where us prefects put on fun events for the lower school & 1 of the most popular things was Sponge The Teacher: teachers would line up in the tennis courts and the kids would pay 25p to throw a freezing cold, soaking wet sponge at the one they hated most - there'd always one teacher that would end up with a bucket over their heads!

hm. anyway - ya like i said will post back one i've had me some sleep
& i'll b in a better mood. sorry about grouching

:shock:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:40 am 
Amazing Looney

polo_tottie wrote:
but you could do what the pythons did and take some normal every day situation and flip it round... liiiiike... i dunno... what would the news be like if nothing happened for a week?

hehehehehe

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:16 am 
Senior Looney

polo_tottie wrote:
i dunno..... i really liked the bit about reciting shakespeare in a bucket of custard holding a lemon.... but then that appeals to my totally random sense of humor i suppose...

i have a book of silly things too! its great! they're mainly quotes - things ppl have said that made me laugh...

um.... i'm personally not in a particularly random/funny/good mood at the moment, (as have been deprived of sleep every night since sunday night by my evil housemate and her 'friends' so just had a big showdown with her about being an inconsiderate cow :evil: which turned into a screaming match.... well... she screamed - suzie & i are too grown up to throw our toys out of our prams like spoilt little 5 year olds. :x )so i'm not going to come up with any gold.... but you could do what the pythons did and take some normal every day situation and flip it round... liiiiike... i dunno... what would the news be like if nothing happened for a week?
hm... i dunno - just not in a very funny mood at the mo... will post back later when i actually have something to say...

1 thing b4 i go tho: @ high school we had a thing called 'rag week' where us prefects put on fun events for the lower school & 1 of the most popular things was Sponge The Teacher: teachers would line up in the tennis courts and the kids would pay 25p to throw a freezing cold, soaking wet sponge at the one they hated most - there'd always one teacher that would end up with a bucket over their heads!

hm. anyway - ya like i said will post back one i've had me some sleep
& i'll b in a better mood. sorry about grouching

:shock:

:D sounds great... !! :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:45 am 
Looney Elite

i thing that i've found funny (but you couldn't likely do in your school) is how it would sound to us if way back in the misty depths of time, while english was still being developed, a "profane" word and an innocuous word were switched around.

for instance:

"f.uck" and "house".

imagine some of the news stories....

feel free to think of other examples.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:35 am 
Senior Looney

Dennis wrote:
i thing that i've found funny (but you couldn't likely do in your school) is how it would sound to us if way back in the misty depths of time, while english was still being developed, a "profane" word and an innocuous word were switched around.

for instance:

"f.uck" and "house".

imagine some of the news stories....

feel free to think of other examples.

ahh...you are brilliant...Great idea ....veeeeery nice ......

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:43 pm 
Major Looney

what about if you had a new teacher for a really boring subject like maths, but he had like some really wierd form of tourettes where he couldn't say maths words so every time he'd be like 'good morning class, today we're going to talk about-' and then his tourettes would kick in, but instead of swearing, he'd yodel

or something

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:32 pm 
Amazing Looney

polo_tottie wrote:
what about if you had a new teacher for a really boring subject like maths, but he had like some really wierd form of tourettes where he couldn't say maths words so every time he'd be like 'good morning class, today we're going to talk about-' and then his tourettes would kick in, but instead of swearing, he'd yodel

or something

thripshaw's disease eh?

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:08 pm 
Major Looney

*in faggoty michael palin voice*

you WHAT love?

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current