Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: Why did Monty Python split up?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:38 am 
Starting Loony

Hi everyone.. I'm a big Monty Python fan from Germany and have just recently registered.
As I do love Monty Python so much, i've decided to give a little talk about them in my english-class. Now I've got an important question. I was looking for the answer for some time but I couldnt find out.

Why did monty python actually split up?
Was there an argument between the members or was it just looking for a new challenge? Or was it something comletely different? :)

I hope you can tell me.. I won't dare to address to my audience in class without knowing why monty python no longer exists!
thanks a lot!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:43 am 
Looney Elite

welcome, ind1.

i'm personally not sure if anyone exactly knows the reason they split up, but i'd say one of the factors was the members wanting to pursue their individual careers.

another thing may have been that they were just getting tired of doing Monty Python. or they could have just run out of ideas.

like i said, i'm not sure if anyone knows the exact reason they split, but the above reasons could all be part of it. or, none of them could be.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:53 am 
Starting Loony

i just remembered john cleese saying in an interview that to him it is a miracle people still are not bored of monty python.. thus your second argument could be rather true.

ok thanks so far.. apparently they've decided to separate and search the holy grail individually :) i think i'll name this the major reason. thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:33 am 
Admin Overlord

John Cleese decided at the end of Series 3 that he wanted to move on to new projects. He's said that he felt that they were getting a bit "same-y".

By the time series 4 was in the pipeline, the regime at the BBC had got a lot more strict, and they weren't offered many episodes. I think to some extent they took the hint from this.

The Pythons have never really split up - they continued to collaborate on the movies, books and records, as well as various live shows. They also turn up quite often in projects that another member is doing - TG's movies, JC's documentaries etc. I think they just decided that they were going to all move on to new projects rather than try to drag Flying Circus out.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:03 am 
Amazing Looney

Cardinal Fang wrote:
The Pythons have never really split up - they continued to collaborate on the movies, books and records, as well as various live shows. They I think they just decided that they were going to all move on to new projects rather than try to drag Flying Circus out.

CF

exactly. They didnt actually "split up" as such. but graham's death put an end to all the rumours of a reunion.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:59 am 
Anyone know what the last thing that was stamped Monty Python ?

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current