Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: O Help
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:48 pm 
Junior Looney

all right here's a toughie........

for my English class, our final project is a 10 page research paper. We need to research someone who's made a significant impact in their lifetime. It's not a report, I mean, I can't go on for 10 pages about this person's life..... oh no....... I have to go on for 10 pages about the impact they made. So...... I would like to see if I could possibly do a paper on Graham Chapman. But here's the big question..... What kind of impact did he make? I could do a paper on the impact of Python but that's really 6 guys not one.....so my new Python friends...... what kind of impact did Graham Arthur Chapman have in his lifetime? Could I do his gay rights activities? Or his overcoming alcoholism? I reallly don't know so I'd love suggestions on what I could focus on...... or you could all tell me I'm crazy and pick someone else...... preferably another python if any of them made a more significant impact than Graham.... but I had to start with my favorite! So I'm open to anything from "Hey what a good idea here's some suggestions....." to "You're out of your mind, here, here's a better person." Thanks guys!!! :D

Post subject: Re: O Help
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:51 am 
Amazing Looney

Graham_Cracker wrote:
Could I do his gay rights activities? Or his overcoming alcoholism? :D

this sounds like a great idea. you could say how he inspired people not only with these things but with his comedy as well.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:40 am 
Admin Overlord

You could talk about the impact MP had on comedy - that many comedians cite them as an influence, and that they were the ones who showed that it was really okay to lose the punchline on a sketch.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:06 pm 
Amazing Looney

good one dennis.

you could make it about all of MP maybe, and then focus on Graham.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:37 pm 
Junior Looney

fogchicken wrote:
good one dennis.

I wish I could do that. But the guidelines on this paper are STRICT. I have to only talk about Graham..... and I mean only him. if I did do a Monty Python focus, I'd need to look at the impact HE made.... not the other guys, which would probably be really hard to do since Monty Python wasn't just one person, it was 6 working together. Unless someone can point out what Graham did personally....... I just don't think I can do a Python focus..... *sigh* I'm already going insane and this paper isn't due until May 11. So I really appreciate the help I've been getting and will get..... please keep the suggestions and help coming!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:39 pm 
Amazing Looney

Graham_Cracker wrote:
fogchicken wrote:
good one dennis.

i see i'm not the only person who's quotes have gone on the blink...

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:18 am 
Junior Looney

I mean you could take an easy out and go for his impact on the gay community somehow..? But then again you don’t want to make the essay about a gay actor instead of just an actor. Something.
Anything?

Bah this is no help
Regardless…
I’m sending you invisible waves of paper writing good vibes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:55 am 
Senior Looney

Well do you have to pick just one aspect that he made a difference in? Because the gay rights and overcoming alcoholism are two great ones, but I think you should talk about how he's touched many generations with his wit and humor too. He's lightened so many lives! Did he do any charity work or anything like that? You could research that too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:09 pm 
Junior Looney

It's like there's so much impact he made but not enough info on them. I think what I'd have to do is pick one impact he made then comb the entire internet Python databases and then hit up any books ever done about Graham. So the next question....... which impact? The gay rights? The alcoholilsm? or the comedy? I'm guessing either the gay rights or comedy would be easiest...... if anybody knows of webistes that talk a lot about either of those, throw em my way! I'm for sure going to be posting this paper once I'm done with it! Oh to be friends with an actual Python now......

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:53 pm 
Looney Elite

Quote:
good one dennis.

you mean Cardinal Fang...

i had nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Dennis on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:47 am 
Amazing Looney

oops. sorry :oops:

anyway pythonet has a great biography section.

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/graham-chapman.html

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:34 pm 
Junior Looney

Well I got some good advice from a classmate and of course the help I've been getting from all of you..... and I finally know what I'm going to do. I found out I can easily do the comedy section. All I would have to do is focus on Graham while aknowledging the other 5. I mean Graham was just one pice of the puzzle and I'm sure if I look hard enough I'll be able to pull something together. So thank you for your help and if you happen to stumble along something that might help please please please send it my way. All right, I'm off to write a 10 page paper on Graham Chapman!!!

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current