Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:00 am 
Amazing Looney

5piny n0rman wrote:
Still think Eric biting isn't a blooper. It prevented him from nearly laughing, so it's an almost-blooper from where I am standing.

but you can see him smiling, and he has to bite the knife to stop himself from cracking up.

I still think it falls under the category of 'goof'

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:00 am 
Major Looney

fogchicken wrote:
5piny n0rman wrote:
Still think Eric biting isn't a blooper. It prevented him from nearly laughing, so it's an almost-blooper from where I am standing.

but you can see him smiling, and he has to bite the knife to stop himself from cracking up.

Yes, but honestly, what did you notice first? Did you first hear the anecdote, which is quite well-known among Holy Grail fans, or did you actually see it first for yourself? I for one had noticed him biting his scythe, but I didn't suspect anything until I heard the story.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:42 am 
Senior Looney

5piny n0rman wrote:
fogchicken wrote:
5piny n0rman wrote:

Yes, but honestly, what did you notice first? Did you first hear the anecdote, which is quite well-known among Holy Grail fans, or did you actually see it first for yourself? I for one had noticed him biting his scythe, but I didn't suspect anything until I heard the story.

Same here. I didn't notice it until I heard the commentary track. Isn't a goof IMO. Even moviemistakes.com has corrected this error by putting this 'goof' in the correction section.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:39 pm 
Amazing Looney

right, okay. let's settle this once and for all.

I'm going to start a poll.

http://69.49.140.245/mp/phpbb/viewtopic ... 8206#18206

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:01 am 
Admin Overlord

In the confuse a cat, you can see the boom mike come in at the top of the screen.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:32 am 
Major Looney

Oh, in the French film set on a few garbage dumps, apart from the cigarette not being lit, you can also see the mike very clearly.
But this might be intentional, as the whole movie is made in an amateristic style. (This sketch is a parody of the Nouvelle Vague, a French film genre.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:26 am 
Major Looney

A link! We found a link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Admittedly this isn't dvd or cinema quality, but no, I still can't see it. As long as he hides it, no matter how silly, it doesn't count as a mistake, IMO.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:47 pm 
Amazing Looney

Not sure if this counts, but during the 'ypres 1914' sketch, graham seems to forget his line a bit.

'thats means i decide what means we use to decide who's going to do... to do the thing. To do... the right thing.'

?

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:09 pm 
Starting Loony

fogchicken wrote:
Not sure if this counts, but during the 'ypres 1914' sketch, graham seems to forget his line a bit.

'thats means i decide what means we use to decide who's going to do... to do the thing. To do... the right thing.'

?

Awesome, yeah i'll put that in. Also about the eric biting the scythe, i'll stick it in. Whoever wants to believe it can, it won't kill anyone being in the compilation.

Thanks CF and spiny norman for the others, i'll definetly add them in.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:56 am 
Admin Overlord

In the Psychiatrist Milkman sketch, GC's character starts off as being called Mrs. Ratbag, but by the time they reach the clinic/ dairy she's called Mrs. Pim.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:24 am 
Senior Looney

fogchicken wrote:

?

I think it's intentional. Graham's character's getting worried because he gets the shortest straw all the time thus his lack of confidence. Don't you think?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:08 am 
Major Looney

amaze-a-vole wrote:
fogchicken wrote:

?

I think it's intentional. Graham's character's getting worried because he gets the shortest straw all the time thus his lack of confidence. Don't you think?

Oh yeah, he's that officer who keeps trying to get someone else sacrificed, isn't it? Once again, I don't think it's a blooper because there is no conclusive evidence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series