Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:27 pm 
Starting Loony

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lady Gallahad</i>
<br />I would also like to note that the only reason that Terry Gilliam is last on my list is because he dosent show up in nearly as many sketches, movies, etc as the other pythons do, but I do love his anamations [:D]

*Although the jailer from Life of Brian and Pasty from Holy Grail were priceless.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:31 pm 
Starting Loony

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lady Gallahad</i>
<br />I would also like to note that the only reason that Terry Gilliam is last on my list is because he dosent show up in nearly as many sketches, movies, etc as the other pythons do, but I do love his anamations [:D]

*Although the jailer from Life of Brian and Pasty from Holy Grail were priceless.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i think idle is da best he has great musical ability and a great sence of humuor i only know two people who are like that my boyfriend <whose name is also eric> and my friend alex [8D]

reply with what you think

im now married to a marriage councellor

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:47 pm 
Looney Elite

i think you shouldn't have cheated on poor arthur, even if it was with eric idle.

You're fooling yourself.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:07 pm 
Senior Looney

Palin's the best performer imo, but as a writer Terry Jones may have been the most important in creating a structure and Gilliam says that Idle was the best verbally.
They all contribute different things, as writers and performers, which is what has made Monty Python so enduring.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:04 pm 
Looney Elite

it seems i haven't actually replied to this with my opinion yet, so i now shall.

i'd have to say that cleese is my favorite, with palin being an extremely close second. people say that all he does is the angry-psycho characters, but i think he's the only one who could have made them as funny as they were. also, the cleese-palin combination is the best combination between two python members in my opinion.

Now, I just want to play on my panpipes.
I just want to drink me some wine.
As soon as you're born you start dying!
So you might as well have a good time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:48 pm 
Senior Looney

Palin and Cleese work so well together because they're like yin and yang (or the other way round).
Cleese may not be the world's greatest or most versatile actor, but he has an incredible presence. In series 4 of Python, he really is sorely missed because of the sheer sense of tension and rage he can bring to a scene.
BTW, Eric Idle and Terry Jones I've always found slightly too self-conscious as actors. They were clearly both wonderful writers, but somehow they never seem as comfortable onscreen or as 'in character' as, say, Palin.
After Palin, I'd say Chapman is the best actor, something he really demonstrates in Grail and Brian. The fact that he may been sozzled a lot of the time might have been an advantage, in that it helped give him that relaxed, dreamy quality that he often has. The same thing happened with the great Peter Cook.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:13 pm 
Senior Looney

Mine would have to be Idle, followed VERY closely by Gilliam. By the way, I'm new, and I like these smiles.

You're no fun anymore!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:26 pm 
Starting Loony

i love every sketch John Cleese is in he's hilarious

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:53 pm 
Senior Looney

Everyone says that...

You're no fun anymore!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:05 pm 
I love Graham. I would marry him if he wasn't gay... or dead.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:15 pm 
Amazing Looney

you'll have to get past me first...... nah not really im going to build a time machine and go back in time and marry eric idle. How's that plan coming by the way pythongirl....... i'd better start collecting more old used cereal packets.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:23 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
Aaah I'm still working on it.....the Mikester is still waiting for me....

And I'm now also wrestling with ways (once we get the plan into action) I can convert Graham........no, fogchicken, I think if Graham just saw you and me - he would be instantly converted! So there you go. :shock:

Long live Pythonmania

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series