Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: The Marx Bros.
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:01 pm 
Senior Looney

Does anyone here like the Marx Brothers? I have been huge fans of them since I was about eleven, and I have found that a lot of Monty Python fans have the same sense of humor as me, and like them too. Do you? If so, what is youfavorite of their films? Mine has to be either "Horsefeathers", or The "Big Store".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:06 am 
Amazing Looney

I LOVE THE MARX BROTHERS!

along with the pythons and the goons, they are are one of my three major obsessions :P :P :P

My favourite movie is Go West.

You may be interested in joining our little marx community: http://s2.invisionfree.com/comedyclassi ... wforum=209

I also believe Sir Robin on this forum is a marx fan :P

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:48 pm 
Senior Looney

HOORAH FOR THE MARX BROS!

My favourite film is probably "Animal Crackers," followed closely by "Monkey Buisness," but it's hard to decide.

fogchicken already knows this, but for anyone else who has seen "Animal Crackers," that is where my sig came from.

Who is your favourite brother?

"But we must remember that art is art. On the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west. And if you stew cranberries like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:01 pm 
Senior Looney

I've been looking for a nice, clean, good, active community for the Marx Bros.! This is great! I personally haven't seen only a few, like "Love Happy", and "Go West", but I've seen most of them. I'm registering now. See you on the boards!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:17 pm 
Senior Looney

Yeah, I just joined too. Excellent!

"But we must remember that art is art. On the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west. And if you stew cranberries like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:42 am 
Amazing Looney

I havnt seen coconuts or love happy. the only one other than these that i do not own is monkey business.

favourite brother: chico. he's too cute!

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:48 pm 
Senior Looney

Favourite brother: Groucho? I think so.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:33 pm 
Senior Looney

Definently Groucho....I spend at least half my time making people mad at me because I use what I call "Quouchos" (Groucho Quotes).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:42 pm 
Senior Looney

Groucho's quote's are definitely the best, but Harpo is great in his own way, Chico's piano playing is fantastic, and without Zeppo, the movies would be a lot more bland. He came up with a lot of the material and apparently was the funnniest offstage. In other words, they're all awesome.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:10 am 
Major Looney

well, i have never seen their films and when i was watching it on youtube after 20 seconds it stopped!! and I can't watch it! why??

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:06 pm 
Starting Loony

I havent seen all the Marx Bros films, but my favourite so far is Duck Soup probably.

Rufus Firefly: "Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:19 am 
Senior Looney

oh yeah the marx bros... once again (i mean just like MP) it's my dad who made me watch their movies... i love horse feathers and duck soup and my fav brother is definitely harpo. He makes me laugh so much with all the noises he makes, this is really better than talking i think, though i also love groucho
i've read groucho's and harpo's autobiographies (once again thanks dad !) and harpo's is really touching

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly