Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: Does the Atkins' diet work for dogs?
 Post Posted: Mon May 26, 2003 8:19 pm 
Starting Loony

I have an overweight dog. We rescued it while it was starving in a shed where it was left. It has a tendency to overeat. I felt that this was the one place I could turn for a medical, philosophical and legal opinion on this issue.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:46 am 
Major Looney

Maybe you could try a lemon curry and spam diet... I'm not too sure the Atkins' diet is a great idea... he might explode like Mr Creosote!!

Lemon Curry?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:57 pm 
Starting Loony

Hi Brandies. Don't feed your dog lupins! I've never tried to feed any pet on lupins, so I'm no expert. But I once played the cello to stop a hamster joining the choir invisible! As for the atkins diet, that was mentioned, there are concerns, about a diet that doesnt contain any fruit etc, could be bad for the dogs heart, and cholesteral levels. Hope that helps. Denis Moore.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:49 am 
Starting Loony

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Brandies. Don't feed your dog lupins! I've never tried to feed any pet on lupins, so I'm no expert. But I once played the cello to stop a hamster joining the choir invisible! As for the atkins diet, that was mentioned, there are concerns, about a diet that doesn't contain any fruit etc, could be bad for the dogs heart, and cholesteral levels. Hope that helps. Denis Moore.
brandies is God!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Wow, this is great. You can edit people's quotes! Thanks for the advice. I threw all my lupins in the garbage can this morning. Keep up the good work with hamsters.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:19 pm 
Starting Loony

Hi Brandies, yes its an amazing site this one! I can express such silly opinions in a sensible kind of way! Yes, the work with hamsters continues.. a cello is a life saver to any small rodent really. I once saved 2 penguins, an otter, 2 pikes, (both called chris) and 2 frogs from dunbar, simply by playing them the "pastoral symphony" in the vets waiting room! Maybe your dog has a nice ear for music too? yours Denis Moore.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:55 pm 
Starting Loony

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Brandies, yes its an amazing site this one! I can express such silly opinions in a sensible kind of way! Yes, the work with hamsters continues.. a cello is a life saver to any small rodent really. I once saved 2 penguins, an otter, 2 pikes, (both called chris) and 2 frogs from dunbar, simply by playing them the "pastoral symphony" in the vets waiting room! Maybe your dog has a nice ear for music too? yours Denis Moore.

brandies is god

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

You are an amazing person. Definitely a hero of major per portions. My dogs are particularly found of Beethoven 5th, 6th, and 9th symphonies and his 1st and 4th piano concertos.

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly