Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:22 am 
Starting Loony

I'm not trying to start a 'battle of the bands' or anything... heck, lots of people had to 'sing for their supper' back then... it's not really comparable by today's standards... I mean, we've got flushing toilets... or perhaps you were looking for one-upsmanship, like so:

"Nothing like sitting here, strumming my lovely twelve-string electric guitar... I remember when I was growing up, all I had was an old second-hand six-string accoustic."

"Six string? You were lucky! We had to play on TWO strings... and we kept on breaking one of them!"

"Huh! You were lucky to have strings... we had to practice fretting with NO strings on our guitar"

"You were lucky to have a guitar! We had to pretend with a broom stick!"

"We used to DREAM of having a broom stick to pretend with!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:49 pm 
Senior Looney

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I'm not trying to start a 'battle of the bands' or anything... heck, lots of people had to 'sing for their supper' back then... it's not really comparable by today's standards... I mean, we've got flushing toilets... or perhaps you were looking for one-upsmanship, like so:

"Nothing like sitting here, strumming my lovely twelve-string electric guitar... I remember when I was growing up, all I had was an old second-hand six-string accoustic."

"Six string? You were lucky! We had to play on TWO strings... and we kept on breaking one of them!"

"Huh! You were lucky to have strings... we had to practice fretting with NO strings on our guitar"

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>I can top that Crunchy.Let's see.....

We never had a guitar or a string. Just a piece of twine from a package! You had to use only your imagination...a picture..of ...a guitar,6 string or otherwise...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:11 pm 
Senior Looney

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>I can top that Crunchy.Let's see.....

We never had a guitar or a string. Just a piece of twine from a package! You had to use only your imagination...a picture..of ...a guitar,6 string or otherwise...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>One string.You had two,real ones.Sometones are parents took them from us as barter!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:41 pm 
Starting Loony

We had to pretend to play air guitar, since we couldn't afford actual air guitars!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:29 pm 
Senior Looney

you lucky bastard!

We couldnt afford to have an imagination, we used to dream of pretending to have an air guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquistion"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:24 am 
Senior Looney

We could not afford an air guitar....we had to practice with a vaccuum guitar!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:26 am 
Senior Looney

Always one up on you.

A positron guitar!

A graviton guitar!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:30 am 
Senior Looney

Dream of using an air guitar?

Oh,it was a wisp of the imagination! A dream,a mere glimpse of thought!

Edited by - stgeorge1 on 02/08/2004 09:32:12

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:08 pm 
Starting Loony

I play bass. Not very Pythonesque I know but it is a Rickenbacker which does sound quite silly if you say it ten times in a row with an outrageous French accent.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:42 pm 
Senior Looney

You want outrageous?

Laforge who after Star Trek the Next Generationwas seen eating out of garbage cans!

"Hey,I have to survive.I put this visor on and somebody thought it was cool."

They picked him off the street and put him into a shelter!

"Hey Geordie! LaForge! Here is your newest dinner from the replicator!"

Edited by - stgeorge1 on 02/12/2004 17:43:01

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:46 pm 
Senior Looney

You want outrageous?

Laforge who after Star Trek the Next Generationwas seen eating out of garbage cans!

"Hey,I have to survive.I put this visor on and somebody thought it was cool."

They picked him off the street and put him into a shelter!

"Hey Geordie! LaForge! Here is your newest dinner from the replicator!"

Edited by - stgeorge1 on 02/12/2004 17:43:01
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote> Talk about pathetic? He had to work at McDonalds after Star Trek

"Everybody laughed at me.So I quit!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:48 pm 
Senior Looney

"Hey.I was an auto mechanic before Star Trek,OK?"

I would say being an auto mechanic is not so bad!Look what happened to you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly