Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: Finding Skits
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:40 pm 
Starting Loony

Hi All,

I have been looking around the net to find where some of my favourite skits occur on video either in live videos, or Flying circus.
2 ones I am looking for include:
1) The bookshop - apparantly its from Live at the hollywood bowl... but i just looked throug hthe video and its not on it...
2) The live parrot sketch - does live at Drury lane have a video or even DVD? Oh i just realised what I wrote... The dead parrot sketch performed live. That's performed by 2 live people & 1 dead parrot in front of an audience.

my other search has been for the shirt shop sketch. I saw this performed once and thought it was gold. I've been trying to find a script for it somewhere but it only seems to be in 1 book that is impossible to find: THE GOLDEN SKITS OF WING COMMANDER MURIEL VOLESTRANGLER .
If anyone knows where this script is that'd be handy...

cheers,
Aaron.<b></b><b></b><font size=1></font id=size1><font size=3></font id=size3>

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:55 pm 
Admin Overlord

<Cardinal Fang takes deep breath>

<i>Live at Drury Lane</i> is available on audio only.

As to the book, there is one on sale on ebay.co.uk at the moment (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3565141831 - ends 16 Nov 03)

The book shop sketch (aka Secret Service Dentists or Lemming of the BDA) can be found in the Season 1 episode "Owl Stretching Time" and hence on any video with this episode on. The script is available on my website (Series 1, Ep 4).

The Dead Parrot sketch performed live can be seen on "The Secret Policeman's Ball" (Amnesty benefit)

<Cardinal Fang collapses from lack of oxygen>

----------------------
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.geocities.com/fang_club

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:35 pm 
Starting Loony

Ok, now there is some confusion about which bookshop sketch I meant. There are actually 2 book shop sketches. There is the one you mentioned, and there is the one with the customer looking for books by Edmund Wells, and Charles Dikkens.That's dikkens with 2 ks the well known dutch author.

I was referring to the latter one.. Anyone know where that one can be found? Thanks for your help too ;)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:46 am 
Admin Overlord

Oh. My mistake. Technically, this particular book shop sketch is not actually a Python sketch.

It was originally written for and shown on the show "<i>At Last The 1948 Show</i>". This was kind of a forerunner of Python and was put together by David Frost as a showcase for many of his writers who worked on the Frost Report. It starred Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Marty Feldman and Aimi Macdonald (and somtimes though not always Eric Idle).

The Book Shop sketch from here was written by Chapman and Cleese, and has since been featured was featured in <i>Monty Python Live at Hollywood Bowl</i> (though not it seems on the video) hence why many believe it to be a Python sketch.

Incidentally, the original one from <i>1948</i> starred John Cleese and Marty Feldman.

If you want the script, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

Cardinal Fang

----------------------
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.geocities.com/fang_club

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:58 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

What about 101 ways to start a fight by an irish gentlemen whose name eludes me? Also in the bookshop sketch!

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly