Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Do you play video games?
I'm hardcore! 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
I play games casually. 41%  41%  [ 7 ]
Old-Skool. 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
No 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Don't you know video games brainwash people into killing?! 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17

Post subject: Hey gamers!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:23 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: In the farthest reaches of the Hell under Pluto, where the cartoons were filmed.
I was just wondering how many of my Pythonite brothers play video games. I play video games and I'm hardcore!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:08 pm 
Senior Looney

Yeah, I'm a pretty big gamer myself. Battlefield 2 and stuff are fun, but I'm concentrating on tese at the moment:
Battlefront II
The Ship
The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion
Jedi Knight-Jedi Academy
Red Faction
adn wen i get bored, I play the original Halo :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:12 pm 
Senior Looney

Well that's slipt the vote! :)

It's only really this year that the gaming intensity has been turned-up during uni term. It's made me realise that when you're at uni, if you have friends, you will wind-up LAN gaming whether you want to or not; there is no stopping the hideous beast :twisted: . The other day I was studying with a friend and I decided to have a quick game to briefly break-up my study. He mentioned he had 'Worms' on his computer and then somehow we wound-up playing that for about 6 hours. We then had minimal study after that, due to various interuptions, one of which was a phone call and then several SMSs, from 2 other friends asking me to go around an play 'Commandos' :roll: , which I did from about 11pm to 5:30am. :shock: :( :(

Post subject: Re: Hey gamers!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 pm 
Meh

i used to be a pretty hardcore gamer, but i'm getting a little older so it's now casual.

i like old-skool and newer titles. currently i'm playing Call Of Duty 3 on Xbox, and Half-Life on PC. i'm currently into the first person shooters with the modern arcade style games, not much into RPG and games with complicated button presses though. it has to be instantly playable.

i'm also into wordy, puzzle and board games like Scrabble, Mahjong & Othello. oh and Fleet Command which is an updated version of Battleships with power-ups 8)

with old-skool, i really got into the old microcomputer games again as i did when a teen when it was the thing then, especially the Commodore 16 and 64 which i owned (have the 64 in an attic). back in those olden days there were more originality, the people who wrote many of them were really your average person sitting in their bedroom missing out on a social life. the graphics/sound may seem silly now, but many games are still up there as classics. now they (including the old machines) are all emulated onto PC so it's even better. the scenes are still largely around and active as ever, i'm part of admin on one major forum, don't post there much though. tbh, these days i more reminisce out of complete idleness on a couple of forums than actually play them, only occasionally i do. passes the time when there's nothing on TV. i'm not big into games like others are so much now.

anyway, i remember owning the Monty Python's Flying Circus game on the C64.

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=1706

not bad, but a flipping hard frustrating game as i recall :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:38 am 
Just Plain Amazing

I daresay i'm hardcore considering I play with something whenever the opportunity arises.... :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:06 am 
Amazing Looney

does runescape count?

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:31 am 
Senior Looney

Location: In the farthest reaches of the Hell under Pluto, where the cartoons were filmed.
fogchicken wrote:
does runescape count?

Ya, sure. All video games can count!

A few games I've played lately are BioShock, Sam and Max Season 1, Half-Life 2, and Warcraft 3. The multiplayer on Warcraft 3 is just too good for me to ever leave, at least until that Starcraft 2 comes out.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:31 am 
I'm not a Pythonite brother. I'm a Pythonite sister... Can I still play here? :shock:

I used to play the proper old Sega and the Nintendo 64 as a kid. Neither of those were mine. I then progressed onto the original Playstation. Which I still own and still play occasionally too. Now though, I either play on the Gamecube, or the 360. Which both belong to someone else. Said someone else is also addicted to Oblivion. I'll get around to getting him some help eventually.

It seems I know more about video games than most of the girls my age. Is that a little worrying? Or does it just show that I spend more of my time with boys...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:17 pm 
Meh

Ray Ray wrote:
It seems I know more about video games than most of the girls my age. Is that a little worrying? Or does it just show that I spend more of my time with boys...

nope, not worrying at all, in fact most lads would find that cool. most fems would probably nag their b/f's that they spend too much time on games and less time with them, when they could instead buddy up for multiplayer and both are happy (i'm still talking about computer games here) :D

Erman. is Half-Life 2 better than Half-Life 1? i'm about half-way through it now. reminds me of Silent Hill, it has a similar scare-factor.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:27 pm 
Major Looney

I play RuneScape, RPG Maker 3 etc.

What, the curtains?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:24 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

Ray Ray wrote:
I'm not a Pythonite brother. I'm a Pythonite sister... Can I still play here? :shock:

I used to play the proper old Sega and the Nintendo 64 as a kid. Neither of those were mine. I then progressed onto the original Playstation. Which I still own and still play occasionally too. Now though, I either play on the Gamecube, or the 360. Which both belong to someone else. Said someone else is also addicted to Oblivion. I'll get around to getting him some help eventually.

Pfft Nintendo 64, SNES all the way! Not that I have anything against the original but from memory I've only ever seen 2 games on it and Duck Hunter was the best game ever! (Though would have been better if you could have shot the dog)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:53 pm 
Major Looney

I play Runescape (character name zestysk8er if any yall wanna hook up)

lol noobs.

Omg im such a nerd.

and I used to be hardcore into THPS, but now I'm relaxed.

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly