Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: Candidates
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:59 am 
Senior Looney

Well for those of you who don't know, here in the States we have people running for president. Now normally I don't talk politics in a forum, but this was just too good to pass up because it's true.

All week I've had people calling the house asking who I would be voting for. You would think it would be people asking me to vote for someone, but no, everyone just wants to know who I'll vote for. Not only that but they usually ask which of two people I'll vote for like no one else is running. Goes something like "Will you be voting for "X" or "Y"?" Normally I tell them I'm voting for "Q".

But today someone actually left it wide open. "Who will you be voting for?" they asked. Well this was just too good to pass up. "Robert Dipthong Nebblemeir Johnson." I told them. You could actually hear the confused look on their face over the phone. "Umm, who is that?" they ask. "Why the slightly silly party candidate." I tell them. "Umm, okay????" end of conversation.

I actually thought about saying a much more outrageous name, but knew it wouldn't get very far if I did. In any case I felt quite pleased with myself, and just had to share. I'd also like to see a big write in vote for Mr. Robert Dipthong Nebblemeir Johnson from any fellow Yanks out there. Let's get this guy elected

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/ ... nsored.gif

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:41 am 
Average Looney

Location: Valencia (Spain)---> but I'm actually from Irun (Basque country)
:lol: Brilliant

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:15 pm 
Major Looney

Ah if there were only more people like you around. Clearly the recipient of your answer wasn't looney as many of us are.

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:19 pm 
Amazing Looney

Ahaha, nice.

-- Harpo Marx

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly