Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: hello i'm new & can u help?????
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:33 pm 
Starting Loony

<b></b><font face="Courier New"></font id="Courier New"><font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"></font id="size4"><font color="purple"></font id="purple">Hi Everyone.[:D]
I am not exactly a python fan..[:I](haven't really ever seen the movies)...but after reading some of your posts i will be sure to take a look!
my reason for joining this site is that my husband is a huge fan of at least one of the monty python movies......I'm just not sure which one......lol...I wanted to buy him the movie on dvd for fathersday but am not sure which one to get....can you guys help me????Pleeeeeeease[?][:D]
there's one particular scene he always goes on about .....it involves a guy in a restaurant who orders or eats 1 of everything and then is offered a dinner mint by the waiter.......sound familiar??? anyway apparantly the dinner mint is the "straw that breaks the camels back" and the guy (who has eaten soooo much)barfs every where.
can anyone tell me which movie this is from?????
Or if i have it completely wrong and it's not a python movie at all?????
I feel like i am a little behind the eight ball [8] so to speak, and would much appreciate anyones help.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:42 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

Hey the movie you are refering to is the meaning of life!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:35 pm 
Starting Loony

that`s the ``meaning of life`` alright, great movie, but then, they`re all great.

a boy, a man, a wo..a man with witt swift like an unladen swallow carrying a coconut with another unladen swallow

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:30 pm 
Average Looney

Yes, The Meaning Of Life is good but you should check out Holy Grail and Life of Brian , they are absoluetly hilarious.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:32 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

What bout flyin circus??? Is it not funny enough???

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:07 am 
Starting Loony

<b></b><font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="6"></font id="size6"><font color="purple"></font id="purple">[:D]Wow thanks so much for your help, i have seen that dvd everywhere!!! i will be sure to watch the others if i enjoy the meaning of life!!
I'll let you know how it goe's (if its my cup of tea or not)...but that won't be untill after september 5th (fathers day in australia)
Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much again guys[:D][:D][:D]!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:57 pm 
Junior Looney

jr. radbag has a little problem with -- um, how shall I put it? I could say that he has a sensitive stomach, but no, it's sometimes a lot worse than that. Let's say you wouldn't want to offer him a wafer thin mint. There is a definite resemblance to Mr. Creosote at times. We have big cleaning bills in the radbag household.<hr noshade size="1">

If you don't mind my saying so, you're badly in need of an expensive course of psychiatric treatment.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:38 pm 
Average Looney

God, I think Flying Circus is tremendously funny, but it's not a movie now is it? it's a series, and therefore my previous statement is ligitimate, so there! [;)]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:40 am 
Starting Loony

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="6"></font id="size6"><font color="purple"></font id="purple"><b></b>Hi again [:D][:D]
I just wanted to come back and say thanks again for your help.
My Husband LOVED receiving the meaning of life ....I have thus far only watched 1/2 of it but found it to be unpredictable and bloody hilarious!!!! (I am waiting for a big enough block of time AND the absence of my 3 y.o so i can watch it from start to go....may have to do a midnight movie session lol)
Thanks again to you all[:D][8D][:o)][:I][8)][:)][:X]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:14 am 
Starting Loony

Hi all...my first post here
have been a Python fan since the 70s.....yea yea yea...I'm old
"now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"

Barbie....Holy Grail is a must...the others are great also, but in my opinion...Holy Grail is the Holy Grail of comedies!!

Excuse me, do you have a breathmint?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:04 pm 
Amazing Looney

All the Python movies are hilarious. Flying Circus is hilarious too. Two of my favourite Flying Circus skits are the Upperclass Twit Competition and the two French men disgussing the flying sheep concept. [8]

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly