Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: michael palin
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:07 pm 
Starting Loony

i'm absolutely head over heels in love with michael palin!!!!!!
he's so sexy!

luminara

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:44 am 
Senior Looney

Finaly, another Michael Palin fan . . . woo-hoo!

http://www.pythonland.com

Edited by - strangely brown on 07/11/2003 11:44:12

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:17 pm 
Meh

i got an autographed copy of palins new hardback book "himalya". [^]
my ma saw him booksigning in carlisle late last year.
great book (when i eventually read it), unusual signature.

--------------------------------------
" the mouse is mightier than the sword "

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:34 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
Hello??!! I'm here too!! I have stated my love (lust?) for Michael Palin many a time on this website!![:p]

I have dreams about the man I would rather not talk about!!! Hehe[}:)][;)]

He's just lovely isn't he??!! Not that I don't love all the other Pythons too, but there's definitely something about Michael!!!!![:)]

I'm in love with Graham Chapman at the moment too. And yes, we all know he was gay-but it doesn't matter!!!! Ahhh Graham....it must have been the upper-crust accent he used in the Holy Grail. We love you Graham XXXX.Respect.

But Michael....he was a perfect Galahad-he was so cute in that film!! (Hang on-he was cute all the time-what am I saying???!!!!!)Not that he's not cute now-but you know what I mean!!!!

So come on all you Palin fans-leave your messages of lurve here for the Mikester![:)] Where are all my fellow Aussie Palin (and Python) fans??

And if you don't have a set of the Flying Circus dvds (all a true Pythonmaniac could ever want), I recommend you get your hands on a set as soon as you can!! It's brilliant!![:D]

Say the word Michael, and I am yours![;)] Sorry Helen. Hehe[:)]

Long live Pythonmania.

"Stwike him Centuwion! Stwike him vewy wuffly!"[;)]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:37 pm 
Senior Looney

OMG! OMG! Like so totally hotttttt!!!
Sorry guys, had to do it!
The first time I've read post like these and it's just to good to miss. But out of the airhead thing. I agree, I'm sorry I totally agree with you I was hearing the commentary of the Holy Grail when Gallahad had reached Castle Anthrax and Terry Jones(of whom I am very fond of also[;)] and relate to in the fact that he can't help but be roundabout about somethings.) and Terry Gilliam started talking about anectdotes of how the Pythons got together, and I thought it was most unfair to avoid making comments about how the scene was made I couldn't help it I had to hear the other one, with Cleese and Palin who at least make constructive humorous comments about the scene.

I'm guilty. I admit it.[^]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:14 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
Eddie! You're a nutter!! Hehe. That's why we like you[:D]

I think I know what you mean about Terry Gilliam. He sometimes seems to think he's a bit 'above' all the other Pythons (if you know what I mean). I was reading an interview with him that was in one of our papers here in Sth Australia, and he was having a little dig about a couple of the others, especially about Michael Palin's travel docos.

He said it was because he didn't like to see great talent being wasted. I think Michael's docos are great. Very informative and fun to watch-especially for people like myself who haven't been to some of those places.

We all know Gilliam's a perfectionist-but making comments about what the others are doing isn't too nice. Some of the stuff he's done hasn't been fantastic either. Don't get me wrong-I'm a big fan-but I just think that he should just get on with what he's doing and keep the comments about the others to himself.

The rest of the surviving Pythons have done very well for themselves and good on them-Monty Python was never going to last forever and they all had to find different avenues-which I think they've all managed to do very successfully.

So-sorry Gilliam fans-I'm one too, but I just think he needs to keep his opinions to himself. I'm sure he's still the best of friends with all the others, but having a go at what others are doing, it's not a nice thing to do, and I'm sure Michael's having a wonderful time on his travels-as you would!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:47 am 
Starting Loony

I Love Michael Palin
Always have
And I'm quite happy that he's doing those travel docos...He does it really well and because it's being presented by a talent like Michael, it's all the more enjoyable to watch.

As for Terry Gilliam and his criticisms of the other Pythons...
Well, there was a documentary on the BBC recently about the Pythons and all of them including Michael Palin and John Cleese had admitted that they 'secretly wanted each other to fail' after the end of the Python era. Michael laughingly said 'Yes. deep down I guess we all wanted each other to do well but not too much because we were all our best when we were the Pythons'

Although I'm not too much of a Gilliam fan - I've always loved the others more - probably because the others are seen more than him, I dunno
Anyway, I'm not giddy about Gilliam but I felt that I ought to point that out.
I think they all have a calm respect for each other and they always seem to have enough praise for each other.
A fab example is the recent show aired on Channel 5 'John Cleese's comedy heroes'. John put Micheal Palin on his list and spoke very highly of him too.
I was so pleased and Michael equally said nice things about John too.

Oh well, that was enough excitement for one day
I'm going to toodly off now
By the way, whoever spoke of having 'dreams of Palin'...My dear, I feel your pain!!
I find it so hard to get my head round the fact that Michael Palin isn't actually waiting on a hill somewhere to marry me.

Anyway, Take Care guys

...He has a wife you know...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:05 pm 
Senior Looney

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pythongirl</i>
<br />Eddie! You're a nutter!! Hehe. That's why we like you[:D]

I think I know what you mean about Terry Gilliam. He sometimes seems to think he's a bit 'above' all the other Pythons (if you know what I mean). I was reading an interview with him that was in one of our papers here in Sth Australia, and he was having a little dig about a couple of the others, especially about Michael Palin's travel docos.

He said it was because he didn't like to see great talent being wasted. I think Michael's docos are great. Very informative and fun to watch-especially for people like myself who haven't been to some of those places.

We all know Gilliam's a perfectionist-but making comments about what the others are doing isn't too nice. Some of the stuff he's done hasn't been fantastic either. Don't get me wrong-I'm a big fan-but I just think that he should just get on with what he's doing and keep the comments about the others to himself.

The rest of the surviving Pythons have done very well for themselves and good on them-Monty Python was never going to last forever and they all had to find different avenues-which I think they've all managed to do very successfully.

So-sorry Gilliam fans-I'm one too, but I just think he needs to keep his opinions to himself. I'm sure he's still the best of friends with all the others, but having a go at what others are doing, it's not a nice thing to do, and I'm sure Michael's having a wonderful time on his travels-as you would!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I understand what you mean, I'm sorry I haven't had the pleasure to see any of his documentaries, as many of you have I'm sure, but I don't have fear of doubt that when I get to see it I'll enjoy it very much! I like them all and I've started to see that they all chose diferent paths, although to some naive movie goers and fans would seem like it looked like they failed I think it's just as long as they're doing something they enjoy and feel complacient in doing, more than anything, let them do it. I know what you mean in the Terry Gilliam thing, that he made comments about how they have all chosen different paths, he made a comment about that in the commentary in the Meaning of Life dvd in the restaurant scene, with John, Michael and Eric, that he said Where are they now? and started making a comment about what maube he thought would have happened with their careers, specially Michael. But the thing is that the comedy and the humor that the had in Python now it would be really different considering how low the standard of comedy has gone, I think parts of it wouldn't even be understood or accepted since the kids in the now choose something more visceral or vulgar and simple than to comedy you would be confused and entranced in learning about, that's the way that Python made me react. But Python I understand are like the Kurt Cobain of comedy, no one can make it happen again the way it happened then, it's unreapeatable, I think. They had this charm of performing what they did that, yeah, they can do it know, but if it isn't viewed by hard core faithful fans they'll be compared to what they did. before.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:59 pm 
Starting Loony

Hi everybody from Spain!!

I´m afraid that the Michael Palin´s official fan club has another member....ME!! I have to say that I´m in love with Palin too, he´s so...ummm..how to say that....so nice and funny...I don´t have the honor to know him in person but, I´m watching his travel documentals in tv since a couple of weeks. I was a fan of him since I saw Life of Bryan but now.... I adore him!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:56 pm 
Meh

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Silvia</i>
<br />Hi everybody from Spain!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Que?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:31 am 
Senior Looney

Hello munmun - welcome to the forum[:)]

Yes-I know the Mikester has a wife-that's why I put sorry Helen on my last post! I'm an absolute Python freak and I think I know a fair bit about them all-not that anyone else here doesn't,but I can't get enough of them!! Hehe[:D]

I went to a record fair today and bought 5 Python albums-including the Drury Lane one-so I'm looking forward to listening to them.

I've noticed that John Cleese and Michael Palin are pretty close-you only have to listen to what Cleese says about him on the commentary of the A Fish Called Wanda dvd to see that. But I think,the way the other Pythons have spoken about him, that Palin would probably get along well with everyone he meets. He seems like a lovely man.

Just a quick question-are there any U.S. Python fans on this site who have seen Spamalot? I was just wondering what your opinion of it was-being in Australia-I don't think it'll ever come here-and I'm a big fan of both Tim Curry and David Hyde Pierce.

Anyway-that's it for now fellow Pythonmaniacs - take care,wherever you are-and remember - if you are a cheesemaker (or anyone involved in the production of any dairy products for that matter) - you are blessed!!!!![:D]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:19 am 
Looney Elite

i am not in love with michael palin... because i'm a guy. but about him being so nice, well, read what he has to say about that here:

http://pythonline.com/plugs/palin/notnicest.shtml

believe it if you will, i personally think he's exaggerating, and i bet everyone else will too.

You're fooling yourself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons