Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: meh
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:22 am 
Major Looney

To be honest, I'm not too fussed about Terry leaving Alison: yes it's a shame, but if things weren't working out anyway, then isn't it better for everyone that he finds someone else? The divorce rate in England is so high anyway that one in three people get separated/divorced. The kids are old enough to be grown up about it (and are probably divorced themselves), and Alison doesn't have to pretend to play happy families any more, which would surely have been more painful and damaging for her in the long term, than making it public and feeling humiliated in the short term.

Theres an interesting article by Toby Young that I agree with about open marriage actually; just type 'terry jones affair' into google and its about the 5th one down.

My only gripe is Terry's new choice of partner - he seems like such a... well.. maybe not sensible... but rather, (python aside) a rational and very intelligent man. :shock: I thought he'd have better/more refined taste than a belly dancer. Even IF she's from Oxford. They've got pictures of her on the daily mail website

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2005/0 ... 00x450.jpg

He could at least have chosen someone pretty!! the girl looks like Heidi for Christ's sake!!!

Jeez.

Anyway - my housemate and I are going to see him on Tuesday... I'm nearly 20 and she's nearly 19, so you never know, he might trade the 'lovely' Anna in for a younger model. We're not quite Oxford uni (kent), but at least we're not exotic dancers.

My dad might have to kill him though! lol (he's 63 too)

Last edited by polo_tottie on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:31 am 
Starting Loony

Bloody hell!!! At first i thought that pic was of him with his daughter!! What on earth must his kids think??!! :roll:

'You know you come from nothing, you’re going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:29 pm 
she does look like heidi. hehe. i like that. but i don't like this rumour anymore now that i know its true. its a disgrace. but how come polo_tottie gets to go see him. i's even more jealous!

Post subject: taffy english kniggit
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:19 pm 
Major Looney

he's doing some talk in london so i thought i'd go along - dunno if i'll actually get to MEET him, but i'll be in the same room listening to him going on about something historic for 2 hrs! think its promoting his new book. don't actually know - just saw terry jones, speaking, 7th feb; and thought BOOK TICKETS! lol

Still undecided about how i personally feel about Terry after the article/pic.

part of me thinks hes an old pervert who i should really lose any/ all respect for - esp when i try to see things from his family's point of view - i know if he was my dad i'd a) chop his balls off and b) totally disown him (as i'm an only child, that would be a blow indeed)

another part of me thinks that he's a pathetic old fool and its going to be Chaucer's 'the miller's tale' all over again... just desserts perhaps? or sour grapes?

part of me feels sorry for him because he is an old fool and that he has to stoop as low as a Heidi lookalike and because it won't last and he deserves some happiness in his old age etc etc

a large part of me feels bewildered

but another part (biggest, perhaps?) just feels insanely jealous! lol

not that i fancy him now or anything, but he was HOT when he was younger!

hmm.... my mind is in turmoil. i really don't know what to think - i've known about the affair for ages so i wasn't really surprised, or shocked but still... i dunno.

i just try not to think about it too much because it makes my brain hurt.

oh if only he was thirty years younger... I'd fight her for him! lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:22 am 
i am unsure what to think too. and my brain hurts all the time. i can't figure out why i think its so wrong. it could be because you think that your idols (or sorts) can do no wrong and then when they do something like this. [somehting that happens everyday all over the place and no one bats an eyelid.] that you feel sort of let down. and in shock that someone so talented and so good looking (well he was in his day) could do such a terrible thing. i don't think its jealousy. i think its pure shock. oh good god i need a lie down.

anyone agree?

Post subject: Re: taffy english kniggit
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:22 pm 
Looney Elite

polo_tottie wrote:
not that i fancy him now or anything, but he was HOT when he was younger!

so that makes 4 of 6 pythons who have a female following...

so now i'm just waiting for john and terry g.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:51 am 
Amazing Looney

omg! my comp is working! it wouldnt let me reply to this topic before :?

anyway i was gonna say my brain hurts when i try to figure it all out too.

and, dennis, i'd have to say terry g is probably the only python that i've never felt that way about, even if just for a moment...... Graham and mike were cute, as you all know I worship eric, and there's even been a few moments there with terry j and john.......

so... does anybody like terry g that way?

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:46 pm 
i think he had a nice smile when he was younger. sad that no one could understand a word he was saying. and i think he has aged the best too. though i may have to see some recent pics of them all just to make sure.

i suppose a bit. is the answer. but not greatly.
rrxx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:51 pm 
Starting Loony

Ditto

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:32 am 
Looney Elite

glad to hear....?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:39 pm 
Senior Looney

My brain hurts!

I need to go on holiday!

Oh and I think the only time I was attracted to terry g was when he was dresed up as a nun right between the nudge nudge sketch and the defend yourself against fresh fruit sketch in AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

yes thats all

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:35 am 
yes admittedly that was cute. not sure about the dubbing of a womans voice though....... twas probably the other terry!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons