Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post subject: My hero!!!!!!
 Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:39 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
Being totally in love with Michael Palin, I have started my collection of his documentary dvds (before you start...anything to do with the Pythons is worth having!!) - I must say it's quite brilliant.

That man risked life and limb (with a camera crew of course[:p]) to go to those places (the Himalaya one is fantastic) and I say well done to the Mikester!! He's done a great job (Terry Gilliam doesn't think so, but that doesn't surprise me at all).

So I'm very much looking forward to collecting the rest - six hours of the gorgeous one! Bliss!![;)]

Long live Pythonmania :o)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:32 pm 
Meh

i have an autographed hardback copy of himalaya by michael palin and he has the most sillest signature in all the entire universal dimensions... my mum got it for me which was rather nice... he was signing copies in a bookstore in carlisle late last year and she thought oooooh i'll have two, one for me and one for you (meaning me but i wasn't there)... and to cut this long story short yes i "do" have an autographed hardback copy of himalaya by michael palin... yes! [^]
-----------------------
" i'm so silly it's normal "

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:49 am 
Amazing Looney

Some friends of mine mailed me a picture of the Pythons between scenes when they were filming the Holy Grail a couple years ago. It isn't signed or anything, it's just a picture. I was extremely happy to get it because they knew how much I liked the Pythons and everything.

~*~ My sweat smells like bacon and mouldy cheese on a hot day in July in Saskatoon. ~*~

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:07 pm 
Junior Looney

Hers my proof of a python reunion which i found on john cleese site.

There's still life in the small screen's favourite dead parrot it would seem, as the Monty Python team has decided to reform. The surviving members of TV's most celebrated comedy troupe are to unite for one last series of alternative mayhem.

John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and Terry Jones have already started work on a six-part series for American network PBS. Each one will write and produce an episode for Monty Python's Personal Best; all five will then participate in a special tribute to sixth member, Graham Chapman, who died of cancer in 1989.

"They have all chosen their favourite bits from old Python films and television series and linked them together in their own crazy way," revealed a spokesman. The madcap antics of Monty Python's Flying Circus brought the team a huge international fanbase in the Seventies. And given the fact that Spamalot, Eric Idle's musical based on The Quest For The Holy Grail, has recently wowed critics and fans alike on Broadway, there's little doubt their zany style still holds its appeal.

The new series, which will be seen on television screens across the pond next year, is also expected to be shown in Britain. "This sounds like a really interesting project and something we would definitely like to hear more about," revealed a BBC spokesman.

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons