Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:25 pm 
Starting Loony

I haven't seen either, prig.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:54 am 
Major Looney

You should.

On behalf of the European Prig Association, I can assure you that we will take firm action against these bogus prigs.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:32 pm 
Amazing Looney

The Sane wrote:

You haven't said anything about Jabberwocky yet, or Yellowbeard.

I have seen jabberwocky.
Its actually a pretty crappy movie, only about 3 or 4 bits that made me laugh. however i still enjoyed it because michael is brilliant as dennis, if youre a michael fan youll enjoy it. as i am and did.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:11 am 
Major Looney

Didn't like it either. What's up with the potatoe anyway? Potatoes were unknown in the middle ages.

And don't give me that 'swallow' explanation. I am not falling for that one!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:11 am 
Amazing Looney

The Sane wrote:
Didn't like it either. What's up with the potatoe anyway? Potatoes were unknown in the middle ages.

The only bits i liked about the movie:

The knights playing hide and seek (quite funny)
michael chasing the turnip (cute as!!)
the nun "jessica" (funny)
and generally any scene with mike because he is truely brilliant in that movie...... "show us your legs!" hehe.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:38 pm 
Senior Looney

Jabberwocky is cool.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:57 am 
Looney Elite

Mournload Holiday wrote:
Who do you think you are, you bloody gaudy philistine.

right, not wanting to come off as being hostile....

stop the arguments, stop the insults, or i will speak to Adam about having your account removed.

and that goes for everyone.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:53 pm 
Starting Loony

Dennis wrote:
Mournload Holiday wrote:

stop the arguments, stop the insults, or i will speak to Adam about having your account removed.

Riiight. Sorry, hall monitor. You really don't need to take more offense than the people I was speaking to in the first place. I was only joking, and I hardly think anyone took anything very harshly.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:57 am 
Looney Elite

Mournload Holiday wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Mournload Holiday wrote:

Riiight. Sorry, hall monitor. You really don't need to take more offense than the people I was speaking to in the first place. I was only joking, and I hardly think anyone took anything very harshly.

but, you see, when all you're doing is reading text, it's very hard to gauge if a person is just joking or beings sarcastic. i've run into that problem myself before.

i personally didn't take any offense, but i'd rather prefer not to see things like that being posted.

in the end, it's all about keeping the peace.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:34 am 
I've only been here a few days at the moment and have been pretty dissapointed at the level of serious intelligent posts (even on a forum where the topic is comedy), but I couldn't beleive it when Mournload Holiday posted his intelligent, passionate, personal opinions and was threatened with the Mods/Admin!

Some people take simple words and opinions which others post too seriously and seem to respond as though it was a personal attack. I've seen it way too many times over years and quite frankly wish there were more rules about the minimum age and the amount of "me too" types posts and pointless favourite quotes etc. ad nauseum

I supposed this anti-Mournload gaulled me even more as I agree with him about Terry Gilliam being the only true artist in the MP team. That's not to say I don't like the others, but they are comedic actors / writers etc. and not in the same league as TG. It would be interesting to hear an objective view about what TG said about the other members from those other members rather than their fans here only fawning over their particular favourite.

I say delete all the "who/what's your fav member/chracter/sketch" drivel by posters who quote inanely and shove their huge banners in your face.

Stage left - 16 ton weight...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:57 am 
Average Looney

I'm sorry because I maybe will not make me understand well, but I've got something to say about it.

Quote:
what you listed by cleese and idle is hollywood rubbish only interested in $$$

I think EVERY artist in modern society HAS to "work" (not "create", i mean, like a common man who has to survive) in order to get some money! Artists aren't anymore rich and aristocrat people, so they have to do some "dirty" works to go on with their job.
Terry Gilliam, for example, admitted in an interview that he directed The fisher king and The Grimm brothers only in order to have the money to realise the movies he REALLY wanted to do in the future. And I'm sure that also the other (ex)Pythons did this almost once in their lives.
I think this is correct, it's a decent reason to justify such, well, commercial and not much honorable or unforgettable works.

Anyway I think it's unuseful arguing about who is an artist and who is not.
Terry Gilliam has a different approach to art than the other (ex)Pythons, it's true. And this is the reason why you cannot (even mustn't!) make comparisons. :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:48 pm 
I agree, it's fair enough for an artist without a patrn to work on something he isn't 100% so this gives him freedom to do his true work. Michelagelo eventually hated doing the Sistine Chapel, (but who would want to lay on their back on a wooden scafold 50 feet in the air for X number of years?)

I think TG made a great film with Fisherking regardless, but it doesn't have as many trademarks as his other films do, so maybe this is why., but he did go on to make the fantasic 12 Monkey's after that so he gets what he wants and so do we.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons