Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: Countdown to Feb 7th
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:17 pm 
Major Looney

OOOOOOHHHH!!!! so excited!!! can't believe i'm going to meet Terry Jones in 3 days time!!!

kind of nervous actually!

met famous ppl before like all the royals, composers, archbishop of canterbury.... i was fine, i was cool, i was composed.

but this is TERRY JONES!!! feel slightly less indifferent about him than I do 'hearthrob' ( :? ) prince wills

hope i don't make a complete fool of myself!!! :(

not sure how i would, but i'm sure it can be done.

eek

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:23 pm 
Amazing Looney

ooooh, take me! take me!
I wish I could meet any of the pythons.
ure so lucky :o i am jealous

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:42 am 
Major Looney

they must go to oz sometimes! check for events at your book stores and museums and book fairs and things - apparently they often (well... Palin and Jonesey anyway) do book signings! you never know - something might be happening near you soon!

x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:23 am 
well if they ever did go to oz.......expecially eric........... i think fogchicken would need mucho de gas and air!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:20 am 
Amazing Looney

Cleesey is coming to aus in sept, i wanna go to his show but it doesnt look like i'll be allowed. ill keep fighting!

and ahh yes, if only i could meet eric..... I would die!

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:20 am 
Major Looney

OMG! why wouldn't you be allowed?!!?!?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:50 am 
Amazing Looney

*quotes my mum * because its just some stupid old man talking, and it's not appropriate for my age....... hel-lo, i am 15, by the time the show comes i will be 16!!! she doesnt like me watching LOB or MOL cause they are m rated. even though i am 15. but i really really really really want to go. my mum doesnt get python she doesnt understand....... and who cares if John Cleese is old, that's all the more reason to go...... probably once-in-a lifetime chance to see him in person, especially living in aus and all.

anyway how did ure terry J thing go????

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:15 am 
Major Looney

christ! can't believe your mum doesn't like you watching it! :shock: I watched the exorcist when i was your age and found it hilarious!... actually.... mum didn't know about that.... :roll:

My boyfriend is totally anti-python so i just haven't told him i'm going... but then london is just 40 mins from home (3 hrs from canterbury) so.... depends on how far it is from you in Aus - if you've got other friends who are python mad, you could just say its an educational trip (terry's speech is on medieval misconceptions which i'm actually conveniently doing for part of my course at uni) and go with them... *shrug*

mum doesn't have to know EVERYTHING!! :wink:

if cleesey is doing a book signing, just make out that he's going to be a talk about a book thats relevent to your english course -

don't pester your mum about meeting him for a couple of months and then drop into conversation one day that your english teacher said there's a talk going on in (insert name of place here) and he/she thinks it would be beneficial for you to go.

doesn't have to be english, but whatever you do, just relate it to something educational - parents fall for that one every time!

good luck!!!

haven't been to see terry yet - going tonight - can't wait! me and suzie are so excited! going to have some retail therapy to calm down a bit now before we go lol bye bye student loan! lol :lol:

x

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current