Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:57 am 
Junior Looney

my fav scene from life of brian...hmm good question. i like the whole film, its probably my favourite python film.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE when brian says "Ok! i AM the messiah, so would you all just f**k OFF!!" and then Reg says "How shall we f**k off oh lord?" that is soooo funny. i was screaming with laughter! :lol:
im not really sure. i probably would say Pontius Pilate scene. That's fun to watch. And later on, i LOVE Graham as Biggus Dickus. Very funny!
But with the way that pontius pilate says R and W - doesn't Terry Jones actually have a mild speech impediment that he has trouble saying the letter R? It's very mild but i always think of Terry during that scene.

And when (during the f**k off scene) when Brian jumps on the guys foot who has not spoken in 18 years!! haha! That's so funny coz he's jumping up and down "I'm alive! I'm alive!" and the minute he sees the mob of followers he immediatly ducks down - it looks SO funny. i love that too.

Can you tell i love the life of brian? lol. i love all the monty python movies and sketches but i only saw LoB this year, so coz i saw it more recently and have saw the others when i was younger, its my fav coz most recent. well im blabbing on, so ill leave u lovely people. toodles!

pythonfan.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:41 pm 
Amazing Looney

pythonfan wrote:
But with the way that pontius pilate says R and W - doesn't Terry Jones actually have a mild speech impediment that he has trouble saying the letter R? It's very mild but i always think of Terry during that scene.

hey, i noticed that. I thought I was the only one :shock: Its cute though I reckon.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:41 am 
fogchicken wrote:
pythonfan wrote:

hey, i noticed that. I thought I was the only one :shock: Its cute though I reckon.

he does he does! but its all part of his charm! my fave bit............well...........there are many. eric in the roman centurion outfit giggling at pilate. terry jones' hermit. graham. as everything. 'e's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy' 'how shall we f*ck off oh lord?' the two jailers, especially terry gilliams ('i know where to get some if you want it') and at the hermits hole. 'i was blind and now i can see' *thud* hehe. plus the whole spaceship scene. whats that about? graham just laughs all the way through it.whilst trying to look scared. its priceless. :D

'you lucky bastard' rrxx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:52 pm 
Amazing Looney

*what have the romans ever done for us?*

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:14 am 
alright: apart from the roads, sanitation, public health, baths, wine and irrigation *etc etc* what have the romans ever done for us?!

brought peace?

oh SHUT UP!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:13 pm 
Major Looney

christ! so many - i'm just going to quote a few methinks and hope you all remember the bits

Mandy: and that's capricorn is it?

Brian: You were RAPED?
Mandy: at first!.. Hmm..promised me the known world, he did. I was to be taken to Rome, house by the Forum, slaves, asses' milk, as much gold as I could eat. had his way with me he had; and then VOOM! Like a rat out of an aqueduct!

Pilate: STWIKE him centuwion! vewwy woughly!

Centurion: Have they gone?
Jailer 1: we got lumps of it round the back
Jauker 2: oh don't listen to 'im sir, e's MUH!

Matthias: cruicifiction is a doddle
Centurion: don't keep saying that

candle seller: 'um.. its not my cross'
' will you let me down if he comes back?'

nice centurion: cruicifiction?
cheeky guy: no, freedom.
nice centurion: what?
They said I hadn't done anything, so I could go free and live on an island somewhere.
nice centurion: Oh! oh, that's jolly good: Well, off you go, then!

the whole scene with simon the holy man singing and trying to protect his juniper bushes... bless him!

oh! OH! my absolute FAVOURITE bit - god knows why - is the little prophet person with the frizzy beard played by michael palin:

and in that time, there shall be rumours of things going astray... and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are... um.. and no one shall really know where lieth those things.. with a sort of.. raffia work base... with an attachment.
at this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth those things posessed by their fathers, that their fathers had put there only just the night before... at about 8 o'clock.

love him to bits because he is just too random!

then the classic
mandy: E's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

now i think about it, there's far too many bits, and i can't do them all tonight coz i have other stuff to do.. like getting on with my essay - the things due in tomorrow and i haven't actually started it yet :S... keep procrastinating!!! BAD ZOOT!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:47 pm 
well you've kindof said it all really. you seem to have picked the small classic bits that i mostly forgot. thank you for reminding me of them. especially the michael palin character. thanks!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:58 am 
Senior Looney

fogchicken wrote:
*what have the romans ever done for us?*

I was asked this question during my "History of Religions" exam... my Professor is a great Python fan... but my favourite one is Pilate's : " your father was a Woman?" :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:41 am 
Starting Loony

When I was in class 5 ( being 10 years old) I told my teacher that we should see this Life of Brian in religionclass (that`s NOT a word) but she wouldent let us because they made fun of a good there. Stupid Stupid woman. :x
The students in the students counsil (think that`s a word) are going to occupie a big room at my school and see to monty python films manday morning. The teachers and the leaders of the school will probably hate it, but we will not listen to them! Monty python is much more important that grumpy teachers :D :D :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:34 am 
Looney Elite

Short wrote:
Monty python is much more important that grumpy teachers :D :D :wink:

i couldn't agree more.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:36 pm 
Starting Loony

Yes...Stupid Teachers!! Monty Python should be a part of the education!!!! :D
(I meant to write than, not that :wink: )

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:38 pm 
Looney Elite

huh. i didn't even notice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films