Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:25 pm 
Amazing Looney

Ray Ray wrote:

However, I think sketches like "nudge nudge", "the marriage guidance counsellor" and "the dead parrot sketch" are actually better in the film than the show. Does anyone agree? It's probably because they knew the sketch better the second time around.

i agree with you on that one.
i think the reason ANFSCD is my 2nd fav MP film is because i hadnt seen any of flying circus when i watched it, therefore the sketches were new to me.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:47 pm 
Average Looney

Actually, this movie came out before the second season, but contained several skits from the second season. I think they were basically trying them out before putting them in the show.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:27 am 
Looney Elite

Ray Ray wrote:
However, I think sketches like "nudge nudge", "the marriage guidance counsellor" and "the dead parrot sketch" are actually better in the film than the show.

personally, i like them best in live versions. i think they've got a bit more spirit in them as compaired to the taped versions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:33 am 
Amazing Looney

like in hollywood bowl.
I love the bit when terry's wig falls off.....

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:11 am 
Looney Elite

which part was that?

i've only seen hollywood bowl once...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:25 pm 
Have never seen Live @ The Hollywood Bowl. Is it worth watching?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:44 pm 
Amazing Looney

yes it is most certainly worth watching.

dennis, its from the sketch with the rat tart. they call the church police, then the church police suddenly appear behind them and they all jump in surprise... terry jumped just a little too high, his wig falls off, and then we see some nice quick thinking on graham's part, he kind of side-steps over to the wig and terry falls in behind him. lol. its funny.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:06 am 
Looney Elite

oh yeah, i think i remember that now...

the dead bishop skit has always been one of my favorites.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:46 am 
I don't believe I have ever seen that. Shock. Horror. I have seen the Bishop sketch though. In association with the Sunday School Board. And so on...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:21 pm 
Junior Looney

i have 'And now for something completly different' on dvd. i think it is funny as!!
i love Graham Chapman as the military guy! "Stop there. This film has a slight tendancy to become silly!"
it's great!! Also upper class twit of the year is good. so very true. lol.
And one of my favourite is the one with Terry Jones and John Cleese with the Hungarian phrase book. always makes me laugh!!

python fan.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:57 pm 
And then Graham runs in, after milking a horse and knocking an old "lady" off a bike, saying "Woss all this then?" I love him as that policeman. He's a bit awesome.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Post subject: Re: And Now for Something Completely Different
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:52 pm 
Starting Loony

Prof. T.F. Gumby wrote:
Monty Python's first film is definitely not given enough credit. I was wondering what your favorite scene from that movie was. Mine is the Deadly Joke or the Lumberjack Song or any of the animations.
Oh, and that scene with "Precision Camping it Up" with the silly drills, was that in an episode, or was that the only original non-animated sketch in the movie? Just wondering. So, your favorite scene from And Now For Something Completely Different.

omg my favourite one is the dead ly joke to!the guy also laughs like me!
lol, one man saw two words at the same time and waws in the hospital for two weeks, but we finalymaneged to turn it into german....lol on the battled feild...ahuhhhahalickersnichks(or somethieng like that) they all are deadWOOT! ofh the poor mice...I'm a lumberjack and thats ok I wish I were a girly like my dear papa!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films