Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Which Monty Python Film is the best?
Meaning of Life 13%  13%  [ 16 ]
Life of Brian 33%  33%  [ 40 ]
Holy Grail 45%  45%  [ 54 ]
And Now For Somethhing Completely Different 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Live at the Hollywood Bowl 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 121

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:13 pm 
Average Looney

Houston I have a problem! :!:

I think that the best movie ( i mean: as a classical movie that has a "concrete" plot) is Life of Brian.
But I think the funniest (I laugh almost once a minute!) is The Holy Grail.
The Meaning of life has some of the best Monty Python sketches (for example Protestants vs Catholic).
Thanks to And now for something completly different I knew Pythons for the first time and it represents their essence ('cause I think the Circus is their best work!).

So what should I vote?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:15 pm 
Looney Elite

vote for whichever you personally enjoy the most.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:26 pm 
Junior Looney

Holy Grail will always be special to me cuz it was the very fist Python Material I was introduced to.... at school! My World History Teacher showed it to us my Sophomore Year and I was hooked.

MOL is my 2nd favorite just because it's awesomely funny and Christmas is Heaven is my favorite song.... Graham's just too adorable in that scene.

As for LOB.... well I really don't know what to make of it cuz the first time I saw it was at a party so everyone was talking so I couldn't understand anything they said. So I'll have to watch it again and then decide where it goes on my list.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:20 pm 
Starting Loony

I just bought the Special Edition Holy Grail DVD today, because my VHS tape of it is so old and showing signs of wear now from being played so much- and of course rewinding to my favorite scenes over and over. I'm quite excited about this! I got the last one at the store. since Spamalot hit Chicago I'm seeing alot of Python stuff in stores and people are buying it! It's a tribute to them because their comedy is timeless. My 17 year old niece was telling me today that her friend was making her watch Life Of Brian and sing "Always Look On the Bright Side" the other day. I'm thrilled to see young people getting into Python. I have so many good memories of my school days, watching the show with my friends and quoting our favorite sketches or scenes from the movies and laughing! Our parents didn't get it, and a lot of the other kids didn't get it either, they thought we were geeks-ok maybe we were but we were proud geeks lol. It's great to see so many young people here at this site too. You are showing impeccable taste in comedy-congrats!

Post subject: diagree
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:45 pm 
Starting Loony

My favorite film is definately A.N.F.S.C.D. You can't beat those sketches anythime. The sketches on this film are better than the Flying Circus versions. This is the best python film.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:26 pm 
Major Looney

hmm..... i dunno.... in some parts i think it is better, but also; in some ways, i think some sketches look a bit over rehearsed. like the nudge nudge sketch i don't think is half as funny as the flying circus one... hm... probs just me being special lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:19 am 
Amazing Looney

I think I agree with you polo tottie.
I also prefer the original Funniest Joke In the World sketch to the ANFSCD version.
and same with the dirty fork.

Some ANFSCD skectches are better than the original though.... Lumberjack, Hell's Grannies, Mountaineering sketch.... How Not To Be Seen... Man With Tape Recorder....

aaaah, good times....

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:29 am 
Junior Looney

My first movie was also Life of Brian. :lol:
We watched it in school in religious education because of the Mohammed discussion which was very ongoing at this moment. Our teacher asked us (shame on him) if this movie is also blasphemy and if the Christians have to behave like the Muslims. T'was a quite interesting discussion. :)

Btw: how was the reaction about this film in 1979? Did the church say anything to it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:56 am 
Amazing Looney

Quote:

Btw: how was the reaction about this film in 1979? Did the church say anything to it?

did they say anything?
They had nuns protesting outside the cinemas......
and it was banned in Norway!

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am 
Junior Looney

Quote:
They had nuns protesting outside the cinemas......

:lol:

I don't know if they did but for me it can be imaginable.
Just look at this new 'pope-show' that MTV did. Or this film who's based on Dan Browns book The Da Vinci Code. There were fairly not less people of the church who said that this show and this film are blasphemy (but it's the best promotion they can get ;) ).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:31 am 
Looney Elite

Quote:
Or this film who's based on Dan Browns book The Da Vinci Code.

all the hype over that is ridiculous imho. it's a NOVEL. why is it being taken so seriously?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:59 am 
Junior Looney

People are too thinned skined these days. They take everything personally and it drives me crazy! I'll laugh at anything if it's funny. I'm blonde, I laugh at blonde jokes, I'm female I laugh at sexist jokes. It doesn't matter, if it's funny, I'm gonna laugh. That's probably why Monty Python has yet to offend me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films