Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:05 pm 
Senior Looney

fogchicken wrote:
polo_tottie wrote:
strangely enough for me, I like 'I've got two legs' - which is totally bizarre coz you all know how much i dislike gilliam.... maybe i like it coz 'e gets blown up at the end of it.....

wow - thats a dark thought.

nah its just catchy.

lol i like that too.

I like it too! I just watched Hollywood Bowl again last night, and I've got the Urban Spaceman going around in my head. Hee hee.

My least favorite sketch might be the one with Mystico and Janet putting up apartments by hypnosis, not sure.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:38 pm 
Major Looney

Quote:
I've got the Urban Spaceman going around in my head

oh my god! don't even talk to me about the urban spaceman! i didn't sleep last night because I had the bloody thing going round and round my head!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:52 am 
Senior Looney

Well, as much as I love Argument Clinic, I consider Hitting on the head lessons my least favourite.

Quote:
My least favorite sketch might be the one with Mystico and Janet putting up apartments by hypnosis, not sure.
As for Mystico and Janet, I agree with electric penguin that it's not very funny -not in the beginning, but it gets much better when comes to the idea of people having to believe in their houses otherwise they collapse :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:04 am 
Starting Loony

I just watched the "cannibalism" sketch on 'youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRUPycm ... annibalism) . I hád heard about the audience's reaction to the 'eating your dead mum'-concept (which I believe to be from the slightly distorted mind of Graham Chapman), but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the audience in this clip actually JUMP on the poor actors with disgust... after they were done (and, for that matter, their reactions during the act weren't quite polite either...). Would this 'rage' have been genuine? 'cause come on, not as if they were 'serious' or anything...

Eitherway, I thought it was hilarious (watch Gray's sublime facial expressions!) :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:07 am 
Amazing Looney

Quote:
I just watched the "cannibalism" sketch on 'youtube' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRUPycm ... annibalism) . I hád heard about the audience's reaction to the 'eating your dead mum'-concept (which I believe to be from the slightly distorted mind of Graham Chapman), but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the audience in this clip actually JUMP on the poor actors with disgust... after they were done (and, for that matter, their reactions during the act weren't quite polite either...). Would this 'rage' have been genuine? 'cause come on, not as if they were 'serious' or anything...

Eitherway, I thought it was hilarious (watch Gray's sublime facial expressions!) :wink:

It was staged.
If you look carefully you can see someone waving at the camera when the others run out..

apparently the BBC censors didnt cancel the sketch altogether, but would only let the pythons use it if the audience stormed them at the end to make it clear that the BBC didnt approve of that sort of thing.

and yes, that last line was created by Graham.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:43 pm 
Junior Looney

Wow. Well, I actually happen to absolutely loathe the Flying Sheep sketch (the first sketch they ever did, with Gray + Terry). I dunno why, probably cuz I've seen it too many times :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:07 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
hala_starr wrote:
Wow. Well, I actually happen to absolutely loathe the Flying Sheep sketch (the first sketch they ever did, with Gray + Terry). I dunno why, probably cuz I've seen it too many times :P

I love that sketch!! I've seen it hundreds of times too, but I can't help laughing when Graham says "One thing is for sure; a sheep is not a creature of the air" :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:40 am 
Junior Looney

Kiri_84 wrote:
hala_starr wrote:

I love that sketch!! I've seen it hundreds of times too, but I can't help laughing when Graham says "One thing is for sure; a sheep is not a creature of the air" :lol: :lol:

LOL, I love it when Graham talks in that sketch. his voice....sounds fantastic to me! hehe

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:14 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
hala_starr wrote:
Kiri_84 wrote:
hala_starr wrote:

LOL, I love it when Graham talks in that sketch. his voice....sounds fantastic to me! hehe

Yeayyy, completely agree!! And he's all the time looking seriously at the sheeps, like if he was studying them and their movements really carefully :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:13 pm 
Hot Hungarian

for me it's the sci-fi sketch...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:25 am 
Major Looney

Shauny wrote:
for me it's the sci-fi sketch...

for me too... but I also don't really like teddy salad

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:15 am 
Hot Hungarian

neither do I, I couldn't laugh at it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series