Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: bloopers?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:45 pm 
Starting Loony

Hey guys,

is there a video segment showing bloopers of the flying circus series anywhere?

Would there be any objection on the forum to such a thread showing "goofs" in each episode. I've seen quite a few times where one of the guys starts to laugh or is trying hard to control it... cracks me up!! :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:08 pm 
Looney Elite

hmmm, don't know of any blooper films.

as for a "goofs" thread, that's already been tried twice, each time with it ending up locked. i wouldn't recommend it, unless 5piny n0rman agrees not to post in it.

and welcome to the forum, amaank.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:12 pm 
Amazing Looney

theres a short fawtly towers bloopers reel

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:29 pm 
Starting Loony

Dennis wrote:

as for a "goofs" thread, that's already been tried twice, each time with it ending up locked. i wouldn't recommend it, unless 5piny n0rman agrees not to post in it.

Thanks for the feedback mate. I remember seeing some locked blooper thread... i can't find it now. Could you tell me why it was locked?

Oh yeah thanks for the welcome too! fun forum you've got here! :D

fogchicken wrote:
theres a short fawtly towers bloopers reel

Yep got that dvd when i was being pursued by a small beggar child in a bazar in Pakistan. It was so cheap and the child was so persistent i just had to buy it! :)

Last edited by amaank on Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:44 pm 
Starting Loony

quick question... why is john cleese absent from season 4?!?!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:55 am 
Amazing Looney

because he felt the pythons were becoming repedetive and he was ready to move onto other things.
Most of series four is stuff rejected from the earliest drafts of Holy Grail, before it was decided the film would be medievil.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:09 am 
Looney Elite

amaank wrote:
Could you tell me why it was locked?

some of the members were posting basically saying that the thread was pointless as they already knew everything it contained, and as we didn't want a huge argument to start and/or members leaving, the threads were locked. unfortunately, one member had already left due to the criticism. consequently, i wouldn't recommend starting another one, unless the complaining members have finally learned their lesson and will just keep their bitching to themselves.

*edit*

quotes are finally working again!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:25 pm 
Major Looney

Dennis wrote:

Well thanks for that vote of support.

I did not mess up the first thread; I only commented on the second thread that it did not contain much new information.

Besides, bloopers as in accidents on tapes there are none. That sort of material was not kept. And even if any raw material was kept it has never been shown in public.

An awful lot of mistakes can be found in the scripts on this website - by which I mean that there are hugely incorrect transcriptions. So there you have it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:27 pm 
Major Looney

Dennis wrote:
amaank wrote:
Could you tell me why it was locked?

some of the members were posting basically saying that the thread was pointless as they already knew everything it contained, and as we didn't want a huge argument to start and/or members leaving, the threads were locked. unfortunately, one member had already left due to the criticism. consequently, i wouldn't recommend starting another one, unless the complaining members have finally learned their lesson and will just keep their bitching to themselves.

*edit*

quotes are finally working again!

Well the member leaving was a bit of an oddball, at least I thought that was the general opinion about him or her.
Personally, I wouldn't let fear of someone leaving decide the board policies. That kind of hypersensitivity doesnt necessarily help. People are free to comment on stuff in threads and I did not attack anyone personally. If one can't comment on things, what else is there to do? Keep posting my favourite quotes?

I'm sorry, I am just offended by requests in public that I should not post in a specific thread. Not exactly what I would call very subtle.
Any more of this and I will be off too and I don't feel I deserve that.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:00 pm 
Looney Elite

in the case of the member departure, you weren't involved.

i figure though, that if the information isn't inaccurate, and other people are enjoying reading it, there's no need to comment about how everything in the thread can be found elsewhere. my thoughts, anyway.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:46 am 
Amazing Looney

and now back to the topic at hand.....

guess what guys, the other night i *finally* spotted the guy in that backgorund of the scene with the guys on the crosses in LOB.
Man that was bugging me :o

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:07 am 
Starting Loony

5piny n0rman wrote:
An awful lot of mistakes can be found in the scripts on this website - by which I mean that there are hugely incorrect transcriptions. So there you have it.

I see what you're saying, however i would like to focus more on the bloopers when a character... goes out of character. When he/she makes a mistake that was not intended to happen as opposed to a typo in the script.

Would you be alright with a thread that simply showed where in a given episode a python cracks a smile or makes an unintended mistake?

5piny n0rman wrote:
Besides, bloopers as in accidents on tapes there are none. That sort of material was not kept. And even if any raw material was kept it has never been shown in public.

Exactly, thats why i would like to make a thread to point out these "bloopers". Firstly because there is no tape or record of them and secondly they're super funny! :D

And its kinda of a pain to go through each episode looking for bloopers.. i'm willing to do it for the forum and make a sweet thread. Let me know if you like my idea, spiny norman. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Television Series