Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post subject: Graham
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:58 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
Hello fellow Pythonmaniacs :lol:

I bought "The Life of Graham" by Bob McCabe from ebay the other day. Anyone read it?? Just wondering. I haven't started reading it yet. Looking forward to it though, Graham being my second-favourite Python....

Long live Pythonmania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:03 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
Er...maybe this should have gone into the Pythons section, but there you go. Sorry...sorry everyone....

Long live Pythonmania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:09 am 
Admin Overlord

Ok moved.

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:03 am 
Senior Looney

Why thank you O Fang One.....

By the way....don't stampede each other trying to answer my original post!! :shock:

Joke.

Long live Pythonmania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:14 pm 
Senior Looney

Cool thing! I sent a pm to someone that had posted on youtube that it was reading it and it said it was a very good read. At least I finished reading the Pythons Autobiography, delightful book I loved it!
Anyway, I was searching around you tube and I found this video dedicated to him It's amazing really, specially the quotes check it out if you haven't yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqVv1QMqOwQ

Hope to God it works.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:10 am 
Amazing Looney

Eddiebaby wrote:
Cool thing! I sent a pm to someone that had posted on youtube that it was reading it and it said it was a very good read. At least I finished reading the Pythons Autobiography, delightful book I loved it!
Anyway, I was searching around you tube and I found this video dedicated to him It's amazing really, specially the quotes check it out if you haven't yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqVv1QMqOwQ

Hope to God it works.

I've seen that.
I rather like it.

how cute does he look in some of those b&w clips.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:33 am 
Senior Looney

There's also a tribute to Monty called Monty Python Goes West:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e08_ZYq3DU

And there's another one from Graham's funeral which I thought was gonna have the whole John Cleese speech but unfortunately it didn't it's still worth the watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsHk9WC7fnQ

Enjoy! :wink:

Post subject: The Life of Graham - Bob McCabe
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:40 am 
Starting Loony

'The Life of Graham' is an excellent, honest and explicit read! I thoroughly enjoyed reading up on the Python's most outspoken, eccentric and debonair member.

Some aspects of his life may not sit right with some readers and his alcohol consumption is legendary in itself. It at times reads more like a rock star's manual and with his penchant for the high life; his personal and public fight for gay rights and just simply his efforts and love of a 'good' time made him an extraordinarily fascinating character.

In my opinion, his performances in 'The Holy Grail' and 'Life of Brian' are enchanting and enthralling as they were. But after having read 'The Life of Graham' and viewing the movies again, I found myself totally lost for words at the amount of natural talent and charm that man oozed!

Then there are the last chapters... It was very difficult for me to read through them, as my dad had recently passed away from cancer. I did shed a tear for Graham...one filled with both sadness and cheer. The cheer was for the learning that Graham thankfully chose comedy over medicine. See, in comedy he continues to heal and lift our spirits through laughter and as they say laughter is the best medicine!

To sum up the book in one word, I’d have to say… intoxicating!! Hope you enjoy reading the book as much as I did :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:30 am 
Senior Looney

I have to say that that was a great recomendation, thank you! :D

And that same thing happened to me, about the perfomances in the two films, not being familiar with the performances and a bit judgmental I have to say that reading about him in the Autobio and seeing the clips here and there of interviews and things like that I to have discovered that he was so talented.

It sort of aches me that he's not here anymore, ceased to be, because you start to think what would have become of him if he continued on living? What would have become of the Pythons?

What would have been their next projects? The same thing I ask When I see Michael Palin's perfomances, sorry to change the subject but I think he's a wonderful actor.

They all are, but Michael I just loved him in Brazil! Now I understand what Terry said in the commentary of TMOL, "what happened to them?" When the Hendys where being attended by John Cleese, you start to ask yourself, what would have happened if they had continue to pick up in their acting more frequently thruought the years?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:34 pm 
Amazing Looney

where did you get the book from, pythongirl?

(incedently i know I'm getting Eric Idle's greedy bastard diary for my bday!!! i cant wait!!!!!)

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:01 am 
Senior Looney

Thank you for your replies, Python people. I've just started reading it and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I bought it on ebay for 8 dollars - not bad!! (Graham is worth a lot more, but I wasn't going to argue with that price!!).

You'll love the Greedy Bastard Diary - that's a laugh-out-loud book, and my favourite kind!!! :D

Long live Pythonmania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:30 pm 
Senior Looney

Well, I've just finished reading the Graham book, and I must say I enjoyed it. Good read.

There's some great pics too - it features one of my favourite photos - a picture on the set of Meaning Of Life, and it's Graham, Cleesey and the Mikester wearing the Boer War costumes, sitting on a bench during a break in filming. Lovely :D

Long live Pythonmania

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons