Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post subject: A question...
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:22 am 
Starting Loony

Hello

I'm a Python fan, as everybody here, a spanish one, but not -by the moment- a member of the Inquisiton :lol:

I have a question for Pyhon-experts... time ago, I saw on my Video-Club a very old Video to rent, a VHS one, in fact -this is the reason I didn't get it-, which in the cover it was possible to read it was a Monty Python movie, an humour one shot using normal people and hidden camera...

Does anybody knows anything about...? I really don't know what it's... but, truly speaking, the label "Monty Python" in Spain is not too true, because, under that name, it can appears movies as "Erik the Viking", "Jabberwocky", "Time Bandits" or "The Rutles"... movies made by some python/s, but -in my opinion- not by Monty Python; who knows what is that movie... maybe even it's only a trick... who knows?

By the way, I would like to recommend everybody the wonderful book Monty Pyhyon: the Autobiography... really wonderful... a really 'gorn' book, completely 'splunge'! :D

Greetings from Spain

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:04 am 
Amazing Looney

hmm
I have no idea of the movie to which you refer
sorry

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:26 am 
Major Looney

Ive heard of a few shows like that, where people hide cameras and tape unsuspecting victims in unique situations. The most popular version of it (at least here in america) is called "candid camera". perhaps the vendors of the video deemed it pythonesque, because, as you said, many other movies somewhat related to monty python were called by that name.

and welcome to the forum whizzo!

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:55 pm 
Looney Elite

welcome to the forum, whizzo.

i can't help either, i've never heard of anything like that involving any of the pythons.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:32 am 
Starting Loony

Hello...

I'm going to try to get more information about that movie...

Anyway... I wonder if any of the pre-python programms had hidden camera or candid camera scenes... I'm thinking on the Cleese-Chapman-Palin "How to irritate people"... but I have no idea...

Greetings from Spain

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:14 am 
Amazing Looney

I have "how to irritate people" and it has nothing like that in it

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:37 pm 
Senior Looney

Nobody expects.... ok, ok, too bloody obvious.

Whizzo, you might enjoy the Spanish poster page on my site.

Post subject: More information about...
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:53 am 
Starting Loony

Hello

I forgot to write the title of that movie.
I'm afraid I don't know the original title, and I only can say to you, the spanish one and its translation, but I think it's not sure at all, because the spanish titles for foreign movies could be... mmm... imaginative

The spanish title is "Tienes que estar loco", in english, it could be more or less "You should be crazy"

The cover of the tape is painted (appears a young man walking, a grandma...), no pics, I mean... but on the back appear two pics. Unfortunately, it was impossible to recognise anybody on these pics... maybe, willfully and mercifully, it would be possible to recognise the back of Eric Idle, wearing a smocking or a suit, and wearing a black wig... and maybe (only maybe!) John Cleese, who would be looking down, wearing sunglasses and a black and white striped shirt, while he's triying to suffocate a man... but maybe (or surely) that two Pythons there was only my imagination working too much... :D

I'm going to ask my friend if somebody has a VHS to check it...

Greetings from Spain

Post subject: Re: More information about...
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:54 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
Whizzo wrote:
Hello

I forgot to write the title of that movie.
I'm afraid I don't know the original title, and I only can say to you, the spanish one and its translation, but I think it's not sure at all, because the spanish titles for foreign movies could be... mmm... imaginative

The spanish title is "Tienes que estar loco", in english, it could be more or less "You should be crazy"

The cover of the tape is painted (appears a young man walking, a grandma...), no pics, I mean... but on the back appear two pics. Unfortunately, it was impossible to recognise anybody on these pics... maybe, willfully and mercifully, it would be possible to recognise the back of Eric Idle, wearing a smocking or a suit, and wearing a black wig... and maybe (only maybe!) John Cleese, who would be looking down, wearing sunglasses and a black and white striped shirt, while he's triying to suffocate a man... but maybe (or surely) that two Pythons there was only my imagination working too much... :D

I'm going to ask my friend if somebody has a VHS to check it...

Greetings from Spain

Hello hello!!! I'm from Spain and I've got a VHS, but I've never heard about that movie.... :shock: :shock: Sorry I can't help in any way :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:54 am 
Starting Loony

Fortunately one of my friends still has a VHS player, so I have the possibility to watch and check this strange movie; but unfortunately, he's on holydays, so, I must wait...

when I have more news, I'll communicate them...

(Anyway... I repeat... I don't trust too much that movie... I really don't know why they called it "Monty Python"; the spanish tittles usually are really "imaginative"... so, who knows what's that movie... but I NEED WATCHING IT!!!!!)

Ah! pleased to meet you, Kiri_84.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:05 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
Whizzo wrote:
Fortunately one of my friends still has a VHS player, so I have the possibility to watch and check this strange movie; but unfortunately, he's on holydays, so, I must wait...

when I have more news, I'll communicate them...

(Anyway... I repeat... I don't trust too much that movie... I really don't know why they called it "Monty Python"; the spanish tittles usually are really "imaginative"... so, who knows what's that movie... but I NEED WATCHING IT!!!!!)

Ah! pleased to meet you, Kiri_84.

The same here!! You're just the second spanish python fan I'm able to find in all the whole internet!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:24 am 
Average Looney

Kiri_84 wrote:
The same here!! You're just the second spanish python fan I'm able to find in all the whole internet!!

The Inquizition must have wiped them all out.

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films