Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Which Monty Python Film is the best?
Meaning of Life 13%  13%  [ 16 ]
Life of Brian 33%  33%  [ 40 ]
Holy Grail 45%  45%  [ 54 ]
And Now For Somethhing Completely Different 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Live at the Hollywood Bowl 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 121

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:39 am 
Senior Looney

I agree with Graham_Cracker. They joked about almost everything and everybody instead of picking on something or somebody in particular. That's why I could never find them offensive.

My favourite film is the Meaning Of Life, for I've always preferred their sketches to their films. Maybe because I loved the way they abandoned sketches and changed subjects. Of course I love the other films too!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:36 am 
Junior Looney

@ Dennis: I don't know, maybe they find only the idea offensive that Jesus theoretical had a child. I don't know really.

I just can agree with the two previous posts. I think you nailed it.

The church doesn't live now it got stuck in the middle age. I don't want to extend it any longer, I just wanted to know if there was any complaint about it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:14 pm 
Looney Elite

i think people ought to just shrug it off as one more conspiracy theory, and overall a work of fiction.

i've never quite understood why people seem so eager to discredit Christianity anyway.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:54 am 
Starting Loony

Dr. Doom wrote:
My first movie was also Life of Brian. :lol:
We watched it in school in religious education because of the Mohammed discussion which was very ongoing at this moment. Our teacher asked us (shame on him) if this movie is also blasphemy and if the Christians have to behave like the Muslims. T'was a quite interesting discussion. :)

Btw: how was the reaction about this film in 1979? Did the church say anything to it?

Watched it in school? You´r lucky! Our teachers would not show it, and said that it was blasphemy...
And (btw) they protested in Norway to. A lot of christian people gathered outside the cinemas to stop the film (I have heard) :D :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:47 pm 
Junior Looney

before i was at the school i'm now going to i was at a school directed by nuns. that was quite fun ;) but i'm sure that we wouldn't have watched a film like Life of Brian or The Da Vinci Code ;) But we went into cinema for Passion of Christ.

In Ireland it had to pass 8 years before Life of Biran was brought to cinemas!
There was once a discussion on TV the Pythons vs. catholic church. The church said that it is blasphemy and a sin if you're watching this movie. John counterd with humor: "It shows how far the church is developped. I mean 1000 years ago we would have been burned at a stake" ( just corresponding from german, i tried my best ;) ) Quite interesting :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:57 am 
Starting Loony

Mine's Life of Brian, without a doubt.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:33 am 
Starting Loony

I like holy grail and life of brian also. i just watched life of brian last night.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:57 am 
Looney Elite

welcome to the forum, |TheCobra|.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:21 am 
Starting Loony

Holy Grail for sure.....funniest film of all time, not jsut in Britan. I have Life Of Brian coming in 2nd with And Now for in 3rd.......such great scripts and performances!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:19 am 
Senior Looney

mine is holy grail for sure
i've thought about it a bit and i found out that usually, your favorite MP film is the first one you saw. It was like that for me and many of my friends who are also python addicts

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:23 pm 
Senior Looney

Hmm I'm pretty sure my favourite is Hoy Grail followed closesly by Meaning of Life.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:43 am 
Starting Loony

Hello...

I voted for "Life of Brian"; I think is the most funny of all of them... and here in Spain, people mainly thinks so...

Holy Grail is really funny, but, I think people must be more involved about the Arthuric stuff to appreciate it completely... maybe is the most British of them...

And "Meaning of Life" is really wonderfull, with some of the best sketches -in my opinion- of Monty Python... but is a movie more dark, more sarcastical, ironical, and even deep and complicated... with a lot of -I don't know how to say it in English- "black humour" (in Spain, "black humour" -humor negro- is the jokes, humour about death, deads, disgraces, blood...) Anyway... "The meaning of Life" is the movie I have watched more times...

Greetings from Spain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films