Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post subject: Michael Palin in Himalaya
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:38 am 
Major Looney

I've just read in newspaper that his series about himalaya starded on 3 september on BBC Prime even in polish! But I don't have this channel :cry: !!! It's not fair! I want so much to watch even one episode of his program but I can't! Because it's not broadcasting in polish TV. Except BBC Prime, but I think only few people have have got this... I would like to watch it, because now I'm reading "Sahara" and I'm curious how it look like on TV. (I know that Himalaya it's not the same as Sahara :) but it doesn't matter). Did some of you watch his travel programs??? Do you like it?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:15 pm 
I watched Pole to Pole, through repeats and stuff, which i thought was quite interesting. My dad has the book so i got to read all about it too! and look at all the pictures. aaaaaaaaand now i sound about four years old! :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:21 pm 
Major Looney

yeah, pictures in "sahara" are cute and I was looking at them several times. :? (this views are unbeliavable and incredible, I would like to go there!) Unfortunately, he is getting older :? ...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:57 pm 
Amazing Looney

I've watched one episode, I didnt realise they were showing it until the last one :oops:
Fortuneately the one I saw was when he went to Tunisia, and talked abit about LOB, and went back to some of the places where they filmed.

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:21 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
I have Himalaya on DVD - I don't have the others yet, so this is the only one I've seen, but I'm planning on getting the others - it's a great series :D

Long live Pythonmania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:01 am 
Major Looney

In "sahara" there are pictures from places where they filmed LOB :D .
I've started talking with my parents about satellite and more channels in our television (I said that I want BBC Prime) and my dad said that maybe we will buy it next holiday!!! :cry: but I want it now! Today is first episode of "Himalaya"... I hoped that we'll buy it this month but... anyway, how many episodes have "Himalaya"?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:56 am 
Average Looney

iwona wrote:
... anyway, how many episodes have "Himalaya"?

Himalaya had 6 episodes (360 minutes total).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:55 pm 
Major Looney

I've just read in newspaper that in our polish television on thursday will be 'full circle'! But why 15 minutes after midnight??!! I have to video it but while recording my TV have to be switch on .....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:51 pm 
Average Looney

iwona wrote:
I've just read in newspaper that in our polish television on thursday will be 'full circle'! But why 15 minutes after midnight??!! I have to video it but while recording my TV have to be switch on .....

If you have t keep your TV on while recording on a VHS - or DVD machine it could be that your TV ariel / cable and signal is going to your equipment in the wrong order.

Does it go TV > VHS > DVD ?

Try VHS > DVD > TV

Or try another combination until you can record and turn off TV.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:29 am 
Major Looney

I don't have a DVD... :? I've got only an old VHS and my father said that it had broken tuner (?) and it's miracle that it's still working!

Anyway, I record one episode and yesterday I watched it. It was nice but not something extraordinary. Maybe if I watch more episodes (this was about Russia and I'm not interested in this country) I'll change my mind. and I have to watch it with polish reader! but I want to hear Michael's voice... :cry:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:02 pm 
Average Looney

iwona wrote:
I don't have a DVD... :? I've got only an old VHS and my father said that it had broken tuner (?) and it's miracle that it's still working!

Anyway, I record one episode and yesterday I watched it. It was nice but not something extraordinary. Maybe if I watch more episodes (this was about Russia and I'm not interested in this country) I'll change my mind. and I have to watch it with polish reader! but I want to hear Michael's voice... :cry:

Just miss out the DVD step. It was there in case you had it. :D

So is your set up like this...

Ariel > VHS > TV

or

Ariel > TV > VHS ?

... but if your VHS tuner is broken you will have to use...
Ariel > TV > VHS and keep the TV on to keep the signal working. But you worked that out. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:16 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
iwona wrote:

I'm downloading now Michael's Sahara, Pole to Pole and Hemingway's Adventure. Hope in a few days I'll have them all.

Michael's travel series were shown in a spanish channel some months ago (but not all of them) also with a spanish reader. People here is too lazy to read subtitles so we have to watch everything dubbed to spanish :P

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons