Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:16 am 
Major Looney

at least George Bush has good presence... In polish government there are twins! (president and prime minister!). have you seen them? there are short, fat and president even can't speak properly! but he doesn't do anything bad... and anything good... and our minister of education! I won't put here his stupid idea about matura exam...fortunately, they don't decide about important case for world...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 am 
Amazing Looney

yes, and they where childactors once(!)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:41 am 
Major Looney

Gambolputty wrote:
yes, and they where childactors once(!)

:lol: :lol: they were playing in film "story about two, who have stolen the moon"...I don't know how to translated this title properly... it was adaptation of poilsh book for children. I've seen this film... and it was so lousy and dreadful! But it has become very popular because of actors who playd the mian roles :lol: eveything what they said in this film, is true, for example they sang: 'we want to do nothing and to become rich". it was so funny because of thes two small Kaczyńskis :D In childhood they looked better...

Last edited by iwona on Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:43 am 
Major Looney

there should be "it has become very POPULAR" not "very people" :lol:

I've forgotten about this possibility of edition posts... now it's correct :)

Last edited by iwona on Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:32 pm 
Amazing Looney

yes, once they were cute, now they are rich and do nothing :wink:

btw, when you see a mistake in your post you can click on 'edit' in the right upper corner and correct it

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:18 pm 
Major Looney

Gambolputty, how do you know so much about Kaczyńskis? are they known in other countries??

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:40 am 
Amazing Looney

hmm, i live in europe so i saw them in the daily news when they got where they are now ... just heard incidently about the childhood-'career' and found it funny - that's all i 'know' about them :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:40 am 
Major Looney

Gambolputty wrote:
hmm, i live in europe so i saw them in the daily news when they got where they are now ... just heard incidently about the childhood-'career' and found it funny - that's all i 'know' about them :wink:

I see... fortunately you don't know more... :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:11 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
electric penguin wrote:
Dennis wrote:
electric penguin wrote:
Yeah. I agree. I cannot wait to get rid of him in the next presidential election.

i agree too. i just hope we don't put someone even worse into the office in '08.

Me too. I thought of putting something to that effect in my original post, but it was too depressing. I don't see how we could put someone worse in office, but that doesn't mean they won't get into office. I'm old enough to vote this time, which I'm pleased about, for all the good it'll do.

It's your turn to kick Bush's ass :D:D

Nowadays I can't complain about our Spanish President. He's not perfect and I don't agree with all what he does, but he's not too bad at all :D:D Maybe it's because the one we had before that was absolutely awful (like Bush, more or less). Here he is with Bush and Blair in the Azores just before the Irak war started :evil: :evil: :evil:

Our lil Hilter :x :x

Fortunatelly Spanish people realized the kind of person he was and after the terrorist attack in Madrid trains on 11th March 2004 his political party wasn't reelected again :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:16 am 
Senior Looney

I can't even put into words how much I dislike where our government is right now. It's so corrupt it's depressing...and sickening.

Oh yeah and that was a really good article by Terry...I feel like I've read it somewhere before....maybe my friend sent it to me :? .

Last edited by Nigel Incubator-Jones on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:20 pm 
Amazing Looney

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julius Caesar had Gaul; Bush just has gall

Terry Jones
Sunday November 5, 2006
The Observer

In 59BC, Julius Caesar declared he was so shocked by the incursions of the dangerous Helvetii tribe into Gaul, and the suffering of the Gaulish peoples, that he had himself appointed 'protector of the Gauls'. By the time he'd finished protecting them, a million Gauls were dead, another million enslaved and Julius Caesar owned most of Gaul. Now I'm not suggesting there is any similarity between George W Bush's protection of the Iraqi people and Caesar's protection of the Gauls.
For a start, Julius Caesar, as we all know, was bald, whereas George W Bush has a fine head of hair.

In any case, George W Bush is not personally making huge amounts of money out of it. The money-making is all left in the capable hands of companies like CACI International, Blackwater Security and Haliburton.

It's true that Vice-President Dick Cheney's stock options in his old company, Haliburton, went up from $241,498 in 2004 to $8m in 2005 - that's an increase of 3,281 per cent.

But then Dick Cheney is bald.

The point I'm trying to make is that there is absolutely no comparison to be made between Julius Caesar's invasion of Gaul in 58-50BC and George Bush's invasion of Iraq.

I mean, Julius Caesar had the nerve to pretend that the Roman state was being threatened by what was going on in Gaul. He claimed he had to carry out a pre-emptive strike against the Helvetii in the interests of homeland security. In reality, his motives were political. He desperately needed a military victory to boost his standing in Rome and give him the necessary popular base to seize power.

George W Bush, on the other hand, was already in power when he invaded Iraq and, in any case, he didn't need to boost his popularity, because the popular vote had nothing to do with his getting into power in the first place. Julius Caesar was also a very adroit propagandist who made damn sure that his version of events prevailed. He even wrote eight books about his wars in Gaul to make sure it did. George W Bush doesn't need to go to such lengths. He has Fox News.

When Julius Caesar claimed his glorious victory over the Helvetii, he made it sound as if he had destroyed a vast army of 'wild and savage men'. Julius Caesar reckoned he had slaughtered more than 250,000 'insurgents'. In fact, documents found in the remains of the Helvetii camp showed that out of 368,000 people, only 92,000 had been capable of bearing arms.

In other words, it wasn't an army that Julius Caesar massacred, but a whole population including women, children, old and sick, which, I suppose, is one thing that George W Bush and Julius Caesar do have in common: pretending civilians are armed insurgents.

But there the similarity ends. One of the most fundamental differences between Julius Caesar and George W Bush is that Julius Caesar counted his dead, whereas George W Bush can't be bothered. It seems that, as commander-in-chief, George W Bush instructed his soldiers not to count the enemy dead. So the fact that he still sticks to an estimate of only 30,000 dead Iraqis, even when a recently published study in the Lancet suggests he's slaughtered at least 655,000, can only be the result of his extraordinary modesty.

Why else would he dismiss the study as pure guesswork or claim it had used a 'methodology [that] is pretty well discredited', even though the US government has been spending millions of dollars a year to train NGOs in this exact same methodology? Julius Caesar would have seized on the figures with alacrity.

And that is the biggest difference of all: Julius Caesar was an ambitious, vainglorious, would-be tyrant. George W Bush is a modest and self-deprecating one.

source

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:28 pm 
Major Looney

Gambolputty wrote:

And that is the biggest difference of all: Julius Caesar was an ambitious, vainglorious, would-be tyrant. George W Bush is a modest and self-deprecating one.

source

Wow that was really well written and totally true.

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current