Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:57 am 
Amazing Looney

any plans??

PYTHON OP SUCCESS
By Gary Anderson
MONTY Python legend Terry Jones was last night recovering in hospital after bowel cancer surgery.

Surgeons at his private London hospital declared the exploratory op he had over the weekend a success.

His agent Jodi Shields said yesterday: "Terry hopes to issue a statement in the next few days to let all his fans and well-wishers know how he's feeling. Suffice to say he's in great spirits and the operation went very well."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:53 am 
Major Looney

well what they were doing on the terry jones website is they're going to get all the messages and put them into a ringbinder or something so he can flip through them - i think that's a great idea!

i've been trying to reply to the mails, but it keeps saying that it's not been able to be delivered - which is really starting to hack me off! grrr!!!

(btw - i am the WORST person for organising things - i am the least organised person i know so i defer responsibility to someone else! i would love to do it, but every time i attempt to organise everything - even an evening out - it all falls through :( so i definitely don't want that to happen with something like this which is actually important!!)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:33 pm 
Amazing Looney

http://www.terry-jones.net/main.htm

"Unfortunately, my illness is not nearly bad enough to sell many newspapers, and the prognosis is even more disappointing."
:D *thumbs up*

'In the meantime, if you wish to send get well wishes to Terry, you can email terryjoneswebsite(at)yahoo.co.uk and all emails will be printed, compiled and sent to him to aid recouperation (!).'

So should everyone of us send his own email? or should we create something that comes from this forum? (or both)
maybe with funny pics ... dunno :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:22 pm 
Major Looney

i vote both - send our own messages and then do one on behalf of the forum - maybe a list of signatures or something...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:50 pm 
Hot Hungarian

OK we should write down here all of our best wishes and our real names and country, and then send it in one big lovely e-mail and perhaps someone of you talented drawers out there can make something silly ;)
what about that?
when yes: put your wishes here in the forum, and than I'll do the rest ;) drawings, videos are welcome!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:37 am 
Amazing Looney

if people are sending their own messages, how about someone could make a big graphic/message-type thing, i dont know what you'd call it, saying something like "all our thoughts and prayers are with you, hoping for a speedy recovery" or something like that (anyone want to suggest something) and say "from all of us here at monty python's completely useless website forum" and we could all sign?

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:42 am 
Major Looney

I'm for this idea!!! But I can't think of any wishes, I'm never good at it... But maybe later I'll make up something.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:23 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
Yeah, I have to think about it too..... I'd like it to sound kind and funny and such, but all I'm able to say is "Get well soon Tewwy!", which isn't very funny at all..... Meeeeh, damn language limitations.... :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:00 pm 
Major Looney

Kiri_84 wrote:
Yeah, I have to think about it too..... I'd like it to sound kind and funny and such, but all I'm able to say is "Get well soon Tewwy!", which isn't very funny at all..... Meeeeh, damn language limitations.... :P

It's all beacuse of Tower of Babel...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 am 
Major Looney

Or always look on the bright side of life? though I know he may not appreciate python quotes being thrown at him as if thats the only thing he was ever valuable for. Lets think of him as a person, not purely a python. but im all for the idea.

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons