Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:49 pm 
Senior Looney

That's great Gambolputty, thanks for that link, I didn't know about that.
What is clear is that a change is needed, not only for the sake of the US, but for the sake of the rest of the world. :(

We don't need the world turning into a land of terror. Life's already too complicated, why they should add worries and more tragedy than there already is? :evil:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:51 pm 
Senior Looney

Gambolputty wrote:
Terry wrote against Bush, Eric sings
(i guess you already know this)

LMAO!! That song is hilarious. Thanks so much for posting that. You made my day.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:04 pm 
Major Looney

Well the election system may be rigged, so there is no guarantee that our votes count. This last presidential election, florida had to count...and recount...and recount their votes. In washington state, our last governor election was obviously rigged. The guy my parents voted for lost by something like 400 votes after the counters lost, found, re-lost, and re-found many ballots. Also some absentee ballots were sent in by either dead or nonexistent people :roll:

About the 14 year old girl, I dunno if that's true, and I think it quite absurd, but I do know similar things have happened. My dad even knows a guy who was put in jail for several decades just for a speeding ticket. The authorities used the ticket as an exuse to quiet him about some things he knew about our government. Heres a lifetime of stuff to learn about it. <a>here</a>

Oh and as an aside, I'm a Republican :P not to start a flame war or anything, but I think Bush is actually too liberal. I don't even think he is truly republican. He merely hides under that guise. He seems to be aiming more at communism or a dictatorship. Things like abortion, stem cell research and the patriot act among other laws (also the fault of Congress) are well outside either his rights as president, or indeed the rights or privileges granted by either the constitution or the Geneva convention.

What boils my bum most though, is his guise of Christianity. I'm Christian and it offends me that both a secretive (Iraq, 911) and outright (abortion) murderer can hide behind his involvement with children (the classroom he was in on 911) and God.

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:46 am 
Looney Elite

hearty agreement.

in terms of parties, though, i'd more say that Bush is a republican, and you (and i) would better be described as true conservatives. i certainly wouldn't want to call myself a republican any more.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:45 am 
Major Looney

Well I guess I agree with that. :P

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:47 pm 
Major Looney

darkandlumpy wrote:
About the 14 year old girl, I dunno if that's true, and I think it quite absurd, but I do know similar things have happened. My dad even knows a guy who was put in jail for several decades just for a speeding ticket. The authorities used the ticket as an exuse to quiet him about some things he knew about our government. Heres a lifetime of stuff to learn about it. <a>here</a>

It sounds like in PRL... Maybe you don't know PRL...It's Poland under Russian occupation. Sorry it 'wasn't' occupation, they wanted to "help us"... I mean times before second war and after till 1989. They put people into jail for everything, even if your mother's cousin's sister's friend told something not very good about Russia :? So we back to that again...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:08 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
iwona wrote:
darkandlumpy wrote:

It sounds like in PRL... Maybe you don't know PRL...It's Poland under Russian occupation. Sorry it 'wasn't' occupation, they wanted to "help us"... I mean times before second war and after till 1989. They put people into jail for everything, even if your mother's cousin's sister's friend told something not very good about Russia :? So we back to that again...

Meeeh, in Spain we had a fascist dictator since 1939 to 1975 (a kind of Fidel Castro). As Eric says in his looong monologue as Mr Smoketoomuch in MP Live in Hollywood, even teenagers were arrested for kissing each other in public :x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:31 pm 
Senior Looney

Kiri_84 wrote:
iwona wrote:
darkandlumpy wrote:

Meeeh, in Spain we had a fascist dictator since 1939 to 1975 (a kind of Fidel Castro). As Eric says in his looong monologue as Mr Smoketoomuch in MP Live in Hollywood, even teenagers were arrested for kissing each other in public :x

I have to listen to that sketch again, I confess I didn't watch attentively enough because I get on my nerves with that sketch, don't know why :lol:
yeah, Franco was quite a hard time, and now we have the terror problem, it looks like we will never get to know a time of peace in this country. :x

Last edited by Johnny on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:46 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
Johnny wrote:
Kiri_84 wrote:
iwona wrote:
darkandlumpy wrote:

I have to listen to that sketch again, I confess I didn't watch attentively enough because I get on my nerves qith that sketch, don't know why :lol:
yeah, Franco was quite a gard time, and now we have the terror problem, it looks like we will never get to know a time of peace in this country. :x

I love that Eric part!!! I admire how he can talk and talk with no stop, but he starts laughing at Spain :lol:

Yup. The peace process looked good at the beginning, but now seems it's trembling a bit.... Hope this all will have a happy end :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:26 am 
Average Looney

Hey, thanks for posting these Guardian pieces by Terry
(to everybody who is doing that)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:17 pm 
Senior Looney

Terry Jones completely rocks.
I'm a Democrat, and I can't wait to get Bush out of the White House. I'd love to take this piece that Jonesy wrote, along with his Join Amnesty poster and go down to Washington. Then when the secret service started questioning me, I could yell out how I was being repressed. :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:31 pm 
Admin Overlord

It's alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!

(Dead threads are coming back to life!!!)

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current