Laurelin wrote:
Idle! :evil: Ash on your tomatoes!

never heard that one before...

It´s a kind of Lord of the rings-joke. :wink:

Madeleine...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:09 am 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
hala_starr wrote:
Awr, Eric. Why'd he have to go and say that, now? :evil:

pshrf.

Remember the new also says "Idle has been the one member of the British comedy troupe fighting for a Python comeback in recent years".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:10 am 
well, to be honest, i think a reunion would actually be a major mistake. simply because they'd really have to pull out all of the stops to maintain the standards they set when they were young men.

eric's right in saying that comedy is a young man's game. john cleese would not be able to do the 'silly walk' due to his hip replacement which probably happened due to extensive silly walking in the first place.

plus it just wouldn't be right without graham.

why can't we just remember them. as they were. for what they did. not as some ageing blokes trying to recapture the past... and leave it at that.

well thats what i think anyway.... :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:26 am 
Amazing Looney

Eric Idle: Ex-Pythoners Will Only Reunite for Fun

Oct 6, 2006

Eric Idle, who is busy bringing his Tony-award-winning musical, "Spamalot," to London this month, says there's no chance of him and his former Monty Python comedic counterparts getting back together.

"No, not to work together," he says of collaborating with John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones and Michael Palin.

"I think the reason people ask that question is that they're very reluctant to part with their youth. They want to be back there when they were young and there was a 'Python' film coming out. It's unrealistic and undesirable because you just can't go back in time," Idle points out.

However, the guys do reunite socially when they can.

"They came together to see the original opening of 'Spamalot.' They were on stage to sing 'Always Look on the Bright Side.' Hopefully they'll be here in mid-October for the opening in London."

Luckily for Idle, his fellow Pythoners, who originally had mixed reactions about the stage show, have since come around. "They're supportive in that they get their checks," he says with a laugh about their royalties. "They're very happy with it, yes, which is very nice."

Besides working on their own projects, Idle says the group's focus is now on improving the quality of their old films. "What we tend to do now is concentrate on putting out our product in the nicest possible way with new bits and pieces and new formats." Their latest venture is the just-released DVD of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail: The Extraordinarily Deluxe Edition." It includes a digitally remastered two-disc set of the iconic movie, complete with "A Taste of Spamalot" animated medley and the original motion picture soundtrack.

here is more about the dvd

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:56 pm 
Pythonesque

That reminds me on the famous 60ies and 70ies music-group ABBA. They said, that they don´t want to reunite, because they don´t want the fans to see them now in their elder days. They want the fans to remember them as they were in the 60ies and 70ies. A rich fan wanted them fo reunite for 1 billion dollar, but they said no. Maybe Eric feels the same way. :?

Madeleine...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:44 pm 
Senior Looney

Ray Ray wrote:
well, to be honest, i think a reunion would actually be a major mistake. simply because they'd really have to pull out all of the stops to maintain the standards they set when they were young men.

eric's right in saying that comedy is a young man's game. john cleese would not be able to do the 'silly walk' due to his hip replacement which probably happened due to extensive silly walking in the first place.

plus it just wouldn't be right without graham.

why can't we just remember them. as they were. for what they did. not as some ageing blokes trying to recapture the past... and leave it at that.

well thats what i think anyway.... :)

I feel the same way. And at least they still talk to each other and they don't hate each other. That's more important than anything else.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:56 pm 
Senior Looney

I think Michael weill be a bit sad if this doesn't ever happen. Which quite likely won't. :( Eric, I think, was a little dissapointed about the tour he wanted to organise some years ago and that never happened because Mike said the very last moment he didn't want to do it.
I really hope he changes his mind. It would be awesome ot have a new Python film.
IDLE REFUSES TO JOIN PYTHON REUNION

ERIC IDLE has no intention of reuniting with his former MONTY PYTHON co-stars to make a final Python film, despite MICHAEL PALIN's attempts to get him onboard. Palin, 63, has confirmed that he and former colleagues TERRY GILLIAM and TERRY JONES are keen to work together again, but Idle, who is enjoying huge success with his stage show SPAMALOT, insists the idea is "b**locks". He says, "All this talk about, 'You guys should get back together,' is a complete load of b**locks. "And let's not forget, when we were together, there were lots of people who f**king hated us." It is unknown if final surviving member JOHN CLEESE will join the reunion.
11/10/2006

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:16 am 
Average Looney

Laurelin wrote:
That reminds me on the famous 60ies and 70ies music-group ABBA. They said, that they don´t want to reunite, because they don´t want the fans to see them now in their elder days. They want the fans to remember them as they were in the 60ies and 70ies. A rich fan wanted them fo reunite for 1 billion dollar, but they said no. Maybe Eric feels the same way. :?

ABBA were formed in 1973 for the Eurovision Song Contest, so I don't know how fans could remember them in the 1960's. ;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:11 am 
I'll have a word with Eric next time I see him

... of course,I've never actually met him,as such,but thats not to say he couldn't turn up in Punakaiki tomorrow,perhaps to see the Pancake Rocks,or maybe just to pop into the cafe for a cuppa.
Stranger things have happened (on every Python episode for instance)

... I suppose I could try tying a note to Eric on a bellbirds leg (using Simpsons individual Emperor stringettes,of course) ...

... oh ... but bellbirds aren't migratory
... I wonder if I could get a gannet to do it ?
... but they've got such long nasty beaks
... perhaps a swallow.

(I didn't mean tying a note to Eric ... I meant tying a note on a bellbirds leg to Eric)
... no,hold on ... I meant ... oh,you know what I meant
you don't have to be such a stickler for semantics!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:29 am 
Major Looney

You really are quite silly, Aren't you? :P

Sorry about a bit of a dry period the forum's going through. Maybe you'll be able to liven it up a bit

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Python Films