Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: JC not in 4th season
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:27 am 
Offline
Average Looney
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:08 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Portugal
Only recently I found out that John Cleese didn't join the 4th season.
Has this been discussed here before? If not, let's open the debate.

_________________
It's...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:07 pm 
Offline
Pythonesque
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:13 pm
Posts: 1429
Location: Germany
Erm... I think that is a well-known fact around here. :?

_________________
Image
... with GLC-9424075 (after 6 pm 9424047)!

Madeleine...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:13 pm 
Offline
Amazing Looney
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:25 am
Posts: 2369
Location: Aussie
yeah there's been topics on it before

_________________
If everything gets too much for you, and you feel the whole world is against you, go and stand on your head. If you can think of anything crazier to do, do it.

-- Harpo Marx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:54 am 
Offline
Senior Looney
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 am
Posts: 184
Location: The country where I quite want to be
Let's anyway open the debate.

Yes, he isn't.

_________________
Your life or your lupins


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:56 am 
Offline
Average Looney
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:08 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Portugal
Am I wrong or did he start working on 'Fawlty Towers' right instead of joining the FC's last season??

_________________
It's...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:37 am 
Offline
Average Looney
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:48 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Australia! Australia! Australia! We love you...
Apparently he found Flying Circus was getting old, and most things in the 3rd season (except for the cheese sketch) was simply repeating earlier Flying Circus works.

I think I got that from 'The Pythons' autobiography but I'm sure a lot of sources like Wikipedia cite the same reasons.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:18 am 
Offline
Senior Looney
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 183
Location: Italy
Frank wrote:
Apparently he found Flying Circus was getting old, and most things in the 3rd season (except for the cheese sketch) was simply repeating earlier Flying Circus works.

I think I got that from 'The Pythons' autobiography but I'm sure a lot of sources like Wikipedia cite the same reasons.


yep I heard that too.
I think it was right.
three great seasons are enough. They should have stop there, and work on other things, the 4th is awful in my opinion.
I don't know if his presence whould have changed anything, but I think not.

_________________
It's all in a day's work for Confuse-a-Cat.

Walk this way please.
If I could walk that way...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:10 am 
Offline
Average Looney
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:48 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Australia! Australia! Australia! We love you...
The fourth is just different, very much like a person who doesn't like Monty Python.

They're just 'different'.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:56 am 
Offline
Senior Looney
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 183
Location: Italy
Frank wrote:
The fourth is just different, very much like a person who doesn't like Monty Python.

They're just 'different'.


and what is not Python?
awfulness.
there you go. 8)

_________________
It's all in a day's work for Confuse-a-Cat.

Walk this way please.
If I could walk that way...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:26 am 
Offline
Senior Looney
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:38 am
Posts: 458
Location: Armidale, NSW, Australia
PuzzleaPuma wrote:
Frank wrote:
Apparently he found Flying Circus was getting old, and most things in the 3rd season (except for the cheese sketch) was simply repeating earlier Flying Circus works.

I think I got that from 'The Pythons' autobiography but I'm sure a lot of sources like Wikipedia cite the same reasons.


yep I heard that too.
I think it was right.
three great seasons are enough. They should have stop there, and work on other things, the 4th is awful in my opinion.
I don't know if his presence whould have changed anything, but I think not.


Actually, in the 4th series the others used some of John's material that was excess from one of the movies. The 4th series was also just called 'Monty Python' out of respect for John's absence. All that said, I've never seen the 4th series :( , or much of the TV show at all! :o :o :cry:

_________________
Now if I could turn over - I like it better that way - to you...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:56 am 
Offline
Average Looney
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:08 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Portugal
It's true that Cleese realised they were repeating themselves, as he tells in that funny interview in Parkinson. So that explains it.

_________________
It's...


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron