Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:25 am 
Senior Looney

splunge!

Walk this way please.
If I could walk that way...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:37 pm 
Senior Looney

Liberal Rubbish!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:34 pm 
Amazing Looney

Location: Minneapolis...home of the Lutheran Polka Eucharist. Lift your accordian unto the Lord.
Long as he's happy and has lots of little blue pills.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:27 am 
Major Looney

Location: I'm really in Swamp Castle, but for legal reasons I have to say I'm in Liverpool.
I still like him and everything, but realistically we cant pretend everyone gets married in a lovely fairy tale and stay that way.
And what did he choose THAT for??? I agree with anyone who thinks she looks like bloody heidi!
Sigh, I'd be Michael Palins girl any second, but only if he was single, cause Im respectful of Helen :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:15 am 
Average Looney

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773

Oh, God!! How sinless you guys are! I can`t understand, why do people think that they have right to judge others? How can you say Terry is an old fool?? Yes, this "gossip" is true but it`s HIS OWN BUSINESS and it`s his personal life.
Well, certainly I was surprised when I saw this for the first time, but I was much more shocked by the reaction of others. Scandal? Shame? May be he had before to ask fans who he must date to? The most stupid thing is that all Terry`s female fans want to be on the place of Anne Soderstrome, irrespective of age.
By the way, this "silly little girl" supported him when he had cancer.
Hope he`s very happy.
Sorry, I don`t want to insult any of you but it`s really NOT our business and it`s even not polite to gossip about him!

(с)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:13 pm 
Average Looney

Depends on one's definition of 'gossip', since the purpose of these forums is to 'talk about' the members of Python, their work, current events, etc. Unlike people who are not famous, celebrities aren't allowed to keep all that happens in their personal lives private. Oh well. Since it IS impolite to gossip, I will keep my opinion regarding this whole affair to myself.
By the way, saying that something someone else has done is wrong is not the same as judging them, especially if it is regarding something one would admit as wrong even if you did it yourself. Otherwise, we would not have laws, much less a justice system. There are things which are wrong to do.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:22 pm 
Major Looney

:shock: Thumbs up Freeindeed!!! :D

y'know, it just drives me crazy how the title of this thread is misspelled.

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:10 am 
Average Looney

Sorry, my English is not good, so I think it was a misunderstanding. I didn`t mean we must not talk about Terry`s private life, but saying he`s an "old fool" or his girl is ugly... it`s too much I think. Don`t you assume that Terry could choose this girl not only for her appearance, but for smth else? May be she`s clever or sensitive or supporting. And may be she loves him not just for his money. I mean, look at the photo, she`s not in diamonds etc, her clothes even looks cheap.
And I have another photo from hospital, after Terry`s cancer operation:
You see, 3 years passed but nothing changed - she looks modest. No, I don`t want to protect her but we don`t know exactly the situation in Jones` family so I suppose we can`t just denounce their actions. Everyone makes mistakes & everyone has weak points especially such a talented person (in fact all talented persones are not angels). Perhaps, Terry wasn`t as lucky as Michael, who is happily married for more than forty years. By the way, John had to marry three times to find happiness and every time he divorced his children were small but nobody blames him. And Terry`s children are adults now and were not so shocked. Well, it`s life and nobody is ideal. Terry isn`t, but he didn`t commit a crime, he just wants to be happy.
You know, he gave so much to us that I think we have to let him do what he wants.
It`s just my opinion of course.

Happy New Year everybody!!!

(с)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:10 am 
Paranoid Android

What people do in their bed is their business and their business alone. Period.

Happy new year :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:44 am 
People were, and still are shocked about this whole deal because of three things,

A: because of the age difference
B: because he was already married
C: they expect their heroes to be perfect

Every human being is far from perfect. Just because he is someone you may cite as a hero, doesn't mean he has to be any different from the rest of us. You can't choose who you fall in love with. I've come to realise this. It's not his fault. And more importantly so, it's none of our business.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:58 pm 
Starting Loony

I'm kind of surprised by the reactions about this affair. I mean, many people are acting as if the relationship is unbalanced in TJ's favor (lecherous old man victimizing child virgin) when in reality it's more unbalanced in the young woman's favor (unknown young woman hooking up with aging, wealthy, ailing star). I'm not saying she's taking advantage of him at all; it's just odd how people are seeing this as TJ doing something wrong when it could very well be the other way around.

With that being said, this relationship makes me a little sad, because usually when people hook up with someone way older or way younger than themselves, there's a deeper psychological reason for it. When younger hooks up with older, it's to look for a mommy or daddy figure; if the opposite, the older person is trying desperately to hold onto his or her youth by seeking out someone way younger.

At any rate, I wish them all the best.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Monty Python Forums » The Pythons