Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:41 am 
Jinx wrote:
Maybe it was and you didn't quite get it...

Course not. What would one expect from someone as shockingly dim as me.

Really.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:45 am 
Paranoid Android

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5-sNqJW7Hs

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:18 am 
Major Looney

Eh no I don't feel particularly inclined to debate. Just couldn't let that go uncontested. Oh well.

youtube.com/zestysk8er

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:38 am 
Paranoid Android

Oh, that's a relief...
I didn't really want to talk about it either.

Mind you, I bet we would agree on some things.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 pm 
It's amazing what a day or two can do to one's urge to talk, isn't it. I could've sworn you seemed really in the mood for it earlier. Just like I'm in the mood for it now. And, as this is the Quotes thread, I feel that it's apt to share with everyone else on this forum, a particularly interesting one that I came across just this evening as I signed into msn:

Jinx sent 08/01/2008 14:47:
taking a break?
you are running away you coward
I'm mad at you and instead of standing your ground you are running away

See official "I'm leaving thread" for what that references.

Did it ever occur to you that there were perhaps other reasons, from outside of this forum, which have caused me to want to "take a break" for a while? Relationship trouble? Family trouble? I think I should also share with you the fact that I am currently studying for my A level exams which are less than two weeks away, and are, one could say, incredibly important! So this afternoon I come on here, on one of my breaks, for a bit of light relief before I go back to studying, and suddenly find myself insulted. By you. Even though I didn't even remotely "push it" regarding my comment about the thread you created yesterday... I just couldn't believe your arrogance over the 'supposed' reasoning behind the thread being deleted. (Of course that comment has since been edited, naturally, but you know what I'm talking about)

And I could've pushed it, you know. You happened to irk two people that I care about a great deal, and goodness knows who else. I'm not religious in any way, shape or form, and somehow the insensitivity of that thread even affected me.

So this is me standing my ground. Just like you wanted. The reasons I was "running away" for will clearly have to wait.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:21 am 
Paranoid Android

Well what do you know?
What do you know?

Posting private messages and msn messages on public display is very low Ray...
Very low...

Especially when you do it someone you had called friend till very very recently.

Oh, what a short memory we have.

I was very wrong about you apparently.

Good luck, Ray.

And making me from mod into user without notice or explanation, Dennis?
That's very insulting.

What next?
Are you gonna ban me?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:46 pm 
Looney Elite

way to not actually argue any of her points, and go straight to the ad hominems again...

perhaps if you were so concerned about anyone else hearing it, you shouldn't have said it in the first place. insulting someone isn't how you get them to debate with you some more. it is, in fact, one of the worst logical fallacies out there.

speaking of being wrong about people...

i used to have a lot of respect for you, i did. i've lost a fair bit lately. you post material that some of our members could consider insulting to them, including myself, and when that's pointed out, you don't even apologize in the slightest, just try to pass it off as a joke. when another member declines to continue arguing with you, you go and flame her on msn. you pretend to know the reasoning behind my deleting your topic, and then tell the one person on here who does know that she has no idea what she's talking about. granted, you couldn't have know that bit. but still, i see it as rather arrogant of you.

so main reason for you losing your moderator privileges? you flamed. you broke rule number one of our boards. on the boards or not, that just isn't right, and our leaders, as it were, most certainly shouldn't be engaging in such behavior. no, i'm not going to ban you. i toyed with the idea, i'll admit, but decided against it. perhaps if you can prove to me that you're still fit to be part of the administrative staff here, you can get back on it. but until then, welcome back to being a normal user.

that's my cent or so.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm 
Jinx wrote:
Well what do you know?
What do you know?
Posting private messages and msn messages on public display is very low Ray...
Very low...
Especially when you do it someone you had called friend till very very recently.
Oh, what a short memory we have.
I was very wrong about you apparently.
Good luck, Ray.

I personally wouldn't have called it low behaviour, I would've called it necessary. What I believe I need is a little clarification here. What did I do, in order for you to become so mad at me and insult me like this? All I said was that "immaturity wasn't the reason for it being deleted". I'm finding it difficult to understand how that comment could anger anyone. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Which I think you believe I am.

"Especially when you do it someone you had called friend till very very recently."

Well, I'm going to take that comment and throw it right back it you. What was the need to act like this towards someone "you had called a friend till very very recently"? I know that we aren't as close as we used to be, due to something which occurred many months ago now, but I thought that we were at least on civil terms again. Apologies,

I must have been mistaken.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 pm 
Paranoid Android

Should I answer here or do you want me to answer in private?
O well I'll just post it and you can delete it if you like.
Quote:
way to not actually argue any of her points, and go straight to the ad hominems again...

perhaps if you were so concerned about anyone else hearing it, you shouldn't have said it in the first place. insulting someone isn't how you get them to debate with you some more. it is, in fact, one of the worst logical fallacies out there.

speaking of being wrong about people...

i used to have a lot of respect for you, i did. i've lost a fair bit lately. you post material that some of our members could consider insulting to them, including myself, and when that's pointed out, you don't even apologize in the slightest, just try to pass it off as a joke. when another member declines to continue arguing with you, you go and flame her on msn. you pretend to know the reasoning behind my deleting your topic, and then tell the one person on here who does know that she has no idea what she's talking about. granted, you couldn't have know that bit. but still, i see it as rather arrogant of you.

so main reason for you losing your moderator privileges? you flamed. you broke rule number one of our boards. on the boards or not, that just isn't right, and our leaders, as it were, most certainly shouldn't be engaging in such behavior. no, i'm not going to ban you. i toyed with the idea, i'll admit, but decided against it. perhaps if you can prove to me that you're still fit to be part of the administrative staff here, you can get back on it. but until then, welcome back to being a normal user.

Dennis, I wouldn't be moderator again after what you did.
You know I 've been doing a good job and you know I was here EVERY day and doing my duty as a mod even when I was not posting and even though I was going through a very rough period.
Then, you see me doing something (according to your opinion) and instead of PMing me a warning (as you know you should) you make it into a big deal...

And I wasn't flaming, I was complaining. It's something friends do to each other when they feel they 've been wronged or neglected.
But I'm not your friend am I?
I guess I'm pretty naive for my age.

As for insulting. It WAS just a joke.
THIS is a python forum for crying out loud. Pythons made fun of religion ALL the time. Don't make me go out hunting for liines and sketches...
It did't even cross my mind someone might actually take insult from something his favourite comedians have done.
I would never insult Jon, I have great respect for him and he knows it (or at least I hope he does).

You talk of arrogance?
You are the same age as some of my students and you tell me I'm arrogant?
Maybe sometimes I am but believe me I have justification.

Quote:
I personally wouldn't have called it low behaviour, I would've called it necessary. What I believe I need is a little clarification here. What did I do, in order for you to become so mad at me and insult me like this? All I said was that "immaturity wasn't the reason for it being deleted". I'm finding it difficult to understand how that comment could anger anyone. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. Which I think you believe I am.

"Especially when you do it someone you had called friend till very very recently."

Well, I'm going to take that comment and throw it right back it you. What was the need to act like this towards someone "you had called a friend till very very recently"? I know that we aren't as close as we used to be, due to something which occurred many months ago now, but I thought that we were at least on civil terms again. Apologies,

I must have been mistaken.

It was not that comment that angered me, it was a bad day for me and I had a fight with a doctor at work, and I considered slapping said doctor and resigning and giving them the finger and someone died and I was very very angry and mad in general. You posted something else that made me mad and I wanted to complain to you and shout about a bit, because when strangers anger me I ignore them but when I people I care about anger me, I let them know. I did not mean to insult you. And that was the reason I deleted all those posts. I knew I was angry and I was going to say things I do not mean and would later regret because that's how I am. I'm a very passionate person and I often speak or act without thinking, in anger. I know it's a bad trait...

I understand you got madat me. That would have been fine by me if you just wanted to shout at me.
But taking private talk into public is unacceptable.
It made me feel like you were someone I just met, someone I don't know at all. Someone who wishes me harm.

Not as close as we used to be? I didn't feel that way...
I felt closer to you, in fact, after said incident.
But once again that's just me being naive.

I'm sorry I insulted you, it wasn't my intention

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:42 pm 
Looney Elite

Jinx wrote:
You know I've been doing a good job and you know I was here EVERY day and doing my duty as a mod even when I was not posting and even though I was going through a very rough period.

yes, i'll give you that. can't deny what you see with your own eyes.

Jinx wrote:
Then, you see me doing something (according to your opinion)

are you denying what you did?

Jinx wrote:
and instead of PMing me a warning (as you know you should) you make it into a big deal...

serious f**king business. nuff said.

Jinx wrote:
And I wasn't flaming, I was complaining. It's something friends do to each other when they feel they've been wronged or neglected.

calling someone a coward is complaining? since when? and what does my being your friend or not have to do with any of this...

Jinx wrote:
THIS is a python forum for crying out loud. Pythons made fun of religion ALL the time. Don't make me go out hunting for liines and sketches...
It did't even cross my mind someone might actually take insult from something his favourite comedians have done.

i know they poked fun at religion. but at religion in and of itself though. they only went for doctrines/tenants once that i know of, and they were minor ones. they never went after the main beliefs of any religion so far as i know.

Jinx wrote:
I would never insult Jon, I have great respect for him and he knows it (or at least I hope he does).

hehe, i like how you don't include me. doesn't matter though.

Jinx wrote:
You talk of arrogance?

if you can justify it, it's not being arrogant. it's being right. however, you can't in this case. as you did not correctly guess what my reasons were. better luck next time, i suppose.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:54 pm 
Jinx wrote:
It was not that comment that angered me, it was a bad day for me and I had a fight with a doctor at work, and I considered slapping said doctor and resigning and giving them the finger and someone died and I was very very angry and mad in general. You posted something else that made me mad and I wanted to complain to you and shout about a bit, because when strangers anger me I ignore them but when I people I care about anger me, I let them know. I did not mean to insult you. And that was the reason I deleted all those posts. I knew I was angry and I was going to say things I do not mean and would later regret because that's how I am. I'm a very passionate person and I often speak or act without thinking, in anger. I know it's a bad trait...

I understand you got mad at me. That would have been fine by me if you just wanted to shout at me.
But taking private talk into public is unacceptable.
It made me feel like you were someone I just met, someone I don't know at all. Someone who wishes me harm.

Not as close as we used to be? I didn't feel that way...
I felt closer to you, in fact, after said incident.
But once again that's just me being naive.

I'm sorry I insulted you, it wasn't my intention

The bad trait you speak of is something we share, and probably what caused me to post the comment which made you angry. I think I know which one you mean.

You should know that I don't wish you any harm, but I wasn't to know that you'd had such an awful day, and I wasn't to know you just wanted to shout at someone because you felt like sh*t.

Taking private talk into public. After being called a coward and with it being assumed that I wasn't going to stand my ground, the way my brain was working at the time saw no better way of doing it. Harsh, perhaps. I just haven't been that angry in a long time.

And the only reason I don't feel as close to you as I did before, is because we no longer talk, and you don't post as often. I think "drifting" is the best term to describe it, and it's a phenomenon I don't particularly like.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:27 pm 
Paranoid Android

Dennis wrote:
Jinx wrote:
You know I've been doing a good job and you know I was here EVERY day and doing my duty as a mod even when I was not posting and even though I was going through a very rough period.

yes, i'll give you that. can't deny what you see with your own eyes.

That speaks highly of you.

Dennis wrote:
Jinx wrote:
Then, you see me doing something (according to your opinion)

are you denying what you did?

No, I never deny my faults. I am very proud of that trait. I always try to mend my mistakes and repair my own mess. I just didn't think much of it.

Dennis wrote:
Jinx wrote:
and instead of PMing me a warning (as you know you should) you make it into a big deal...

serious f**king business. nuff said.

It is. You robbed me of my chance to make amends.

Dennis wrote:
Jinx wrote:
And I wasn't flaming, I was complaining. It's something friends do to each other when they feel they've been wronged or neglected.

calling someone a coward is complaining? since when? and what does my being your friend or not have to do with any of this...

Yes it is. Another friend once told me to f**k off. That was much heavier. Yet I will probably have him in my house this summer. He's coming all the way from Newcastle just to meet me and Miou.

Dennis wrote:
Jinx wrote:

i know they poked fun at religion. but at religion in and of itself though. they only went for doctrines/tenants once that i know of, and they were minor ones. they never went after the main beliefs of any religion so far as i know.

Neither did I. Heck I didn;t even agree with all of it, it was just something I copy/pasted cos it made me laugh. And it wasn't even anti-Christian. It was poking fun at the fundamentalists.
You know I'm deeply religious my self, don't you?

Dennis wrote:
Jinx wrote:

hehe, i like how you don't include me. doesn't matter though.

It wasn't about you, I didn;t insult you as well did I? I mean you a Tull fan you don't strike me as a fundamentalist Christian. And you know I respect you or else I wouldn't have bothered to discuss with you.
You are a good admin but you 've let your anger cloud your judgement this time. Happens to the best of us.

Dennis wrote:
Jinx wrote:
You talk of arrogance?

if you can justify it, it's not being arrogant. it's being right. however, you can't in this case. as you did not correctly guess what my reasons were. better luck next time, i suppose.

I have my reasons to be proud, Dennis.
I have been praised repeatedly by better men than me, military commanders and far more educated people.
I have done things that make me proud, like stepping in front of a knife to protect someone I cared for, or stepping into smoke with my eyes closed and holding my breath to turn off a generator about to explode while ordering my men to back the f**k up.
Yes, I guess I may come off as arrogant some times. I don't like it when it happens.

And I think I know your reasons but I will not post them.
I may be wrong but it doesn't matter anyway.
I hate being arrogant anyway

Ray wrote:
You should know that I don't wish you any harm, but I wasn't to know that you'd had such an awful day, and I wasn't to know you just wanted to shout at someone because you felt like sh*t.

No, not anyone, I wanted to complain/shout at you. The bad day wasn't the reason but it didn't help at all either.

Ray wrote:
Taking private talk into public. After being called a coward and with it being assumed that I wasn't going to stand my ground, the way my brain was working at the time saw no better way of doing it. Harsh, perhaps. I just haven't been that angry in a long time.

I didn't think "coward" would hit you that hard. I'm sorry. Taking private into public is the worst thing you could have done. I had told you once, before I don't know if you remember, tha you shouldn't have done that.
I'm an Admin in two forums and I don't even look at people's PM's.
Even when I had the epic fight with the moderator that personally attacked me when I was a user (in another forum. The guy still doesn't talk to me) I NEVER even considered posting his PM's as proof of his attacks.

Ray wrote:
And the only reason I don't feel as close to you as I did before, is because we no longer talk, and you don't post as often. I think "drifting" is the best term to describe it, and it's a phenomenon I don't particularly like.

I post every day, Ray. Just look at my posts.
We don't talk much anymore for many reasons, one of them being I don't have enough time for msn, ususally, so I rarely log in.
Another reason is because (as I told you before) I don't want to take up your time either. I know you're busy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly