Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:47 pm 
Starting Loony

I couldn't believe it when i read it...Apparently it was an overdose. It's a shame, he was so young, and had a little 2 year old girl...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:41 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: In the farthest reaches of the Hell under Pluto, where the cartoons were filmed.
Man, this really sucks. You say that a Terry Gilliam film will be canceled too?

You know that some people will be sad watching that Batman movie because they liked the actor, but now he's dead!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:20 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: Physically? Australia. In my head? The Land of All Things Python. Lovely!
I wasn't a huge fan of Heath's, but I enjoyed his movies (I watched The Patriot the other night and bawled!!) - it's just such a tragedy - Heath had the talent, passion and potential to soar in his career - and now he never will.

And now the media is bringing up the fact that he was battling a drug problem for years, and they have him on film blah,blah,blah......the man is dead, have a bit of respect for him and his family.....it doesn't matter now! All that does matter is that the world has lost a very fine actor, but more importantly than that, his family has lost a son and brother, and little Matilda has lost her daddy - and that's heartbreaking. He lived for that little girl. And besides - name me one performer in Hollywood who, at some time or another, isn't on some kind of drug??!! Even so, they don't actually know what killed him yet - so, the media jumping to conclusions does nobody any favours.

With regards to the Gilliam film - there was a story in one of the papers here that they were hoping to replace Heath with Johnny Depp - there's a scene in the film with some kind of magic mirror involved - apparently Heath would go into the mirror and transform into Johnny Depp. Weird, but true.

Anyway whatever happens, it's all very sad. Heath will be very much missed - he was one of the best actors to come out of Australia in a long time, and I, as an Aussie, was very proud of him. Rest In Peace, Heath.

Long live Pythonmania

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:50 pm 
Major Looney

Location: I'm really in Swamp Castle, but for legal reasons I have to say I'm in Liverpool.
Pythongirl wrote:
I wasn't a huge fan of Heath's, but I enjoyed his movies (I watched The Patriot the other night and bawled!!) - it's just such a tragedy - Heath had the talent, passion and potential to soar in his career - and now he never will.

And now the media is bringing up the fact that he was battling a drug problem for years, and they have him on film blah,blah,blah......the man is dead, have a bit of respect for him and his family.....it doesn't matter now! All that does matter is that the world has lost a very fine actor, but more importantly than that, his family has lost a son and brother, and little Matilda has lost her daddy - and that's heartbreaking. He lived for that little girl. And besides - name me one performer in Hollywood who, at some time or another, isn't on some kind of drug??!! Even so, they don't actually know what killed him yet - so, the media jumping to conclusions does nobody any favours.

With regards to the Gilliam film - there was a story in one of the papers here that they were hoping to replace Heath with Johnny Depp - there's a scene in the film with some kind of magic mirror involved - apparently Heath would go into the mirror and transform into Johnny Depp. Weird, but true.

Anyway whatever happens, it's all very sad. Heath will be very much missed - he was one of the best actors to come out of Australia in a long time, and I, as an Aussie, was very proud of him. Rest In Peace, Heath.

Brilliantly said, particularly about the flesh eating tabloids. They sicken me. Even now in the UK they are still poring over Diana's death, a decade later!! The person is dead and we should treat them with respect.

RIP 1979 - 2008

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:56 am 
Just Plain Amazing

He was so good for Aussie movies, I loved him in Two Hands and he was exceptional as Ned Kelly.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:51 pm 
Admin Overlord

Official cause of death has been given as an accidental overdose due to combined effects of the different drugs he had been prescribed. None of the drugs by themselves were at high enough doses to cause ill effects.

This just goes to show that combining prescription medication, even at low doses can be dangerous.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:21 am 
Starting Loony

It was soo sad to hear about heath!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:41 am 
Just Plain Amazing

Cardinal Fang wrote:
Official cause of death has been given as an accidental overdose due to combined effects of the different drugs he had been prescribed. None of the drugs by themselves were at high enough doses to cause ill effects.

This just goes to show that combining prescription medication, even at low doses can be dangerous.

CF

One of the reasons I rarely take any medicines at all.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:50 pm 
Major Looney

I heard they're using CGI for Ledger's part in the Gilliam movie.

What, the curtains?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:39 am 
Admin Overlord

Official word is this: Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell have all signed up to play parts of Heath Ledger's role. The movie's fantasy premise, plus a bit of rewriting, will allow each actor to play Ledger's character when he passes through a magic mirror into imaginary worlds.

It's quite a neat idea.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:09 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

Fair enough then. sounds interesting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:34 pm 
Amazing Looney

It is very sad that Heath Ledger died. When I saw "The Dark Knight", I couldn't help but feel this eerie feeling because I was watching him do an amazing job as the Joker, and yet in the back of my mind, I kept on thinking about how he had died months before. I've loved Heath as an actor for years and it's sad that he had to go at such a young age :(

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly