Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:35 pm 
Offline
Looney Elite

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:46 pm
Posts: 5458
i'll start by saying i'd like this all to end soon. really. i think it's starting wear me out...

Jinx wrote:
That speaks highly of you.


can't tell if that's sarcastic or not, and i don't know which way would be better to assume. i wouldn't mind some clarification though.


Jinx wrote:
It is. You robbed me of my chance to make amends.


says who?


Jinx wrote:
Yes it is. Another friend once told me to f**k off. That was much heavier. Yet I will probably have him in my house this summer. He's coming all the way from Newcastle just to meet me and Miou.


all i can say is that i don't agree. things can be perceived very differently by different people, and circumstances often affect such perceptions quite highly.


Jinx wrote:
Neither did I. Heck I didn't even agree with all of it, it was just something I copy/pasted cos it made me laugh. And it wasn't even anti-Christian. It was poking fun at the fundamentalists.


also can't agree with that. among the things it makes fun of is the Trinity, as well as the birth and the death of Christ. both things that any Christian believes in, fundamentalist or not. despite it claiming at the end that most atheists and agnostics know more about Christianity than most Christians, i'd like to think i know my own religion rather well.


Jinx wrote:
You know I'm deeply religious my self, don't you?


honestly, i'm not sure i can say i did. i don't know much about your beliefs, and that's my own fault. i'll make a note of that though.


Jinx wrote:
It wasn't about you, I didn't insult you as well did I? I mean you a Tull fan you don't strike me as a fundamentalist Christian.


no, i am by no means a fundamentalist. i wouldn't even put myself as entirely certain in my specific beliefs. but i was born and raised Catholic (insert Every Sperm is Sacred quotes here), and i still at least somewhat believe that. i know about the evils religion has brought on man; it's sometimes struck me as the worst thing ever to happen to us. however, there are some beliefs i'm still certain of, and some of those were joked at/poked fun at/attacked in that list. so yes, it irritated me.


Jinx wrote:
I have my reasons to be proud, Dennis.
I have been praised repeatedly by better men than me, military commanders and far more educated people.
I have done things that make me proud, like stepping in front of a knife to protect someone I cared for, or stepping into smoke with my eyes closed and holding my breath to turn off a generator about to explode while ordering my men to back the f**k up.


that is a jaw-dropping list, to say the absolute least... i'm not even sure i have proper words to put after it.

nope, i don't. suffice to say, i am extremely impressed.


Jinx wrote:
And I think I know your reasons but I will not post them.
I may be wrong but it doesn't matter anyway.


i'd still like to know just why you think i deleted that topic, if you really don't mind. private or public, your choice. and i promise it will stay private if you so choose. and if you're wrong, i'll fill you in on the true reason.

_________________
So just shut your face, and take a seat
Cause after all, you're just talking meat


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 am 
Jinx wrote:
No, not anyone, I wanted to complain/shout at you. The bad day wasn't the reason but it didn't help at all either.


Well then what was the reason? Because I'm still not quite sure I understand, and I think it'd help if I did.

Jinx wrote:
I didn't think "coward" would hit you that hard. I'm sorry. Taking private into public is the worst thing you could have done. I had told you once, before I don't know if you remember, tha you shouldn't have done that.

I'm an Admin in two forums and I don't even look at people's PM's.
Even when I had the epic fight with the moderator that personally attacked me when I was a user (in another forum. The guy still doesn't talk to me) I NEVER even considered posting his PM's as proof of his attacks.


I know I shouldn't have done it. It's just something I'm used to doing, even though I realise that it's largely unacceptable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not used to doing it because I do it out of spite. There are entirely seperate reasons which I believe are the cause of me reacting the way I did. I'll share them if you wish. And I'm sorry.

Jinx wrote:
I post every day, Ray. Just look at my posts.
We don't talk much anymore for many reasons, one of them being I don't have enough time for msn, ususally, so I rarely log in.
Another reason is because (as I told you before) I don't want to take up your time either. I know you're busy.


I know you've told me before, and I remember, but you're never "taking up my time". I do like talking to you, as well as anyone else... I also know that you post everyday. I think what I meant to say is that it feels like you don't post as much, perhaps in a day, as you used to. Feels like that with everyone on here lately, actually. I wonder why.


Top 
  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:19 am 
Offline
Paranoid Android
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:41 am
Posts: 3369
Location: Off with his head, man, off with his head...
@ Dennis I wasn't being sarcastic.
And I agree let's end this now. "Quotes" is a wonderful thread and we really hijacked it...

I' m sorry if my post offended you beliefs. That was not my intention.

No I didn't mean about you deleting the topic.
Anyway doesn't matter, I would have deleted it myself if huntre hadn't answered...

What made me mad at you was that you didn't show faith in me.
I never dissapointed anyone who ever made me mod/admin in their forum. I was not going to do it now.
I suppose you had other reasons as well but let's talk about this some other time...

@ Ray
Quote:
Well then what was the reason? Because I'm still not quite sure I understand, and I think it'd help if I did.


It doesn't matter now

Quote:
There are entirely seperate reasons which I believe are the cause of me reacting the way I did. I'll share them if you wish. And I'm sorry.


Apology accepted.

Quote:
I wonder why.

Many reasons, I guess. Some are not for the worse.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:24 am 
Well I'm glad it's all sorted out now. That you two have got your feelings all straightened out and everything. Highly important was that, because anything else, you said: "doesn't matter", so clearly it must not matter. Logical, no.

So to get this "wonderful" (and quite rightly too) thread back on track to where it was before this all started, I've got a quote for you. One that's been circling around my head for the past ten minutes. And it goes like this:

"I'm going to get out of the house now, before I hurt myself"

Have a SUPER day :D


Top 
  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:51 am 
Offline
Just Plain Amazing
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:22 am
Posts: 6036
Location: The Merry Old Land Of Oz (Australia That Is)
After actually reading through all those posts i'm worried bout posting my quotes, but I will it took me 2 hours to find them, sorry if I offend anyone but my beliefs are my own and I respect others beliefs so here they are.

(And I had planned to post them before I went missing...)


Anton Szandor LaVey - "Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had as he has kept it in business all these years!"

and

"Life is the great indulgence - death the great abstinence. Therefore make the most of life - HERE AND NOW!"
(I find this one quite motivational!)


Also a quote from the liner notes of one of my Satyricon CDs that i'm thinking bout having carved on my tombstone (one can never be too prepared)

"I'll never know if it was worth the pain, but I still loved it more than anything in the world - it was my life!" (If anyone could tell me where that comes from I would be very grateful)

_________________
"People are not wearing enough hats!"

Image



Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:10 pm 
Offline
Major Looney
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:32 am
Posts: 874
Location: A sinkhole on Triton
Ya know what? that was really interesting reading.

_________________
Splendid!

youtube.com/zestysk8er


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:51 pm 
Offline
Average Looney

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:43 am
Posts: 86
Location: Valencia (Spain)---> but I'm actually from Irun (Basque country)
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion or government which limits or destroys the individual. This is what I am and what I am about."

John Steinbeck --> East of Eden (or that's what I think at least, I wrote down the quote but not the author, silly me...)

That's exactly what I am and what I am about.

_________________
Listen to the colour of your dreams


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:31 am 
Jinx wrote:
Ray Ray wrote:
Well then what was the reason? Because I'm still not quite sure I understand, and I think it'd help if I did.


It doesn't matter now.


Yes, it does. It matters to me.


Top 
  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:07 pm 
Offline
Senior Looney

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:07 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Berlin
i wish Martin would survive, he was so nicely crazy :cry:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: QI: Series 3 Episode 2
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:17 pm 
Stephen Fry:
The next question is purely a matter of choice for you, now. How old would you like to be? Arthur.

Arthur Smith:
I'd like to be six, because it's marvellous to be six, because you're not aware of your own mortality. You think you're the centre of the universe... Days last a hundred years... It's always summer...You can put your head in some custard and no one cares...

Stephen Fry:
You are arguing a very persuasive case for being six.

Alan Davies:
You get a lot of custard when you're six.

Stephen Fry:
You do get a lot of custard.

Alan Davies:
I haven't had nearly as much custard since I was a child. I probably had most... about 90% of my life's custard I think I had in the first ten years.

Stephen Fry:
"Alan Davies: The Custard Years."


Top 
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron