Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: Hello again!
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:52 pm 
Senior Looney

Hey all..

I wonder if you remember me.. I used to post here.. My name was Cheshire Cat, then I changed it to Indigo.. and then I left.. Had some reasons to leave.

But all is good now, and I'm back :)

*waves* 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:58 pm 
Major Looney

Location: I'm really in Swamp Castle, but for legal reasons I have to say I'm in Liverpool.
Hiya! Welcome back - Ive seen some of your other posts :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:01 pm 
Senior Looney

Hey Concorde, nice to meet you :)

I hope this place isn't too quiet these days.. I don't see many new posts of the members that were active when I was around.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:05 pm 
Major Looney

Location: I'm really in Swamp Castle, but for legal reasons I have to say I'm in Liverpool.
yeah its a little quieter - hopefully they'll come back, or they make me sad.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 pm 
Senior Looney

Hey where's GOD, did he move? The last time we spoke on msn he said he was moving?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:37 am 
Amazing Looney

yeah he moved to canberra.

Jinx is gone also :(

But good to see you back cheshire!

-- Harpo Marx

Post subject: Re: Hello again!
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:21 am 
Meh

woo, glad to see you back (i shall say no more) :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 am 
Senior Looney

Thank you guys :) How have you all been?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 am 
Major Looney

not meaning to hijack your thread or anything lol but I remember you!! i've not been on for the LONGEST time... seriously - like almost a year i think! i've been madly busy with uni stuff - in my final year at the moment so have no social life coz all the deadlines are coming up now! glad to see all the crazyness is still going on and is good to see SO MANY new faces!! and some old ones too! (waves at cheshire cat and fogchicken!) is ray ray still around?

btw - feel free to email/pm me oldies if you wanna get back in touch, coz i dunno how often i'll be able to come on here

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:49 am 
Major Looney

polo_tottie wrote:
not meaning to hijack your thread or anything lol but I remember you!! i've not been on for the LONGEST time... seriously - like almost a year i think! i've been madly busy with uni stuff - in my final year at the moment so have no social life coz all the deadlines are coming up now! glad to see all the crazyness is still going on and is good to see SO MANY new faces!! and some old ones too! (waves at cheshire cat and fogchicken!) is ray ray still around?

btw - feel free to email/pm me oldies if you wanna get back in touch, coz i dunno how often i'll be able to come on here

What do you do at uni and where? Im still a 6th former but coursework does suck arse :cry: I feel thine's pain

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:58 am 
Major Looney

English at Kent uni - it's fun (apart from one module coz i HATE my prof - he's absolutely SH*T.. don't get me started) but it's a LOT of reading... (in first year it was like 5 books a week.. now isn't too bad - only 3 but hen i gotta do my dissertation which is about 8000 words) my course is actually 'comparative literature' so it belongs to the school of european culture and languages, but it is basically English - only we do about 7 times more work than the English department students and get less credit for it lol what u thinking of doing uni-wise? if you're even thinking of going?

just to give you an idea of my workload at the moment: last friday i handed in a 2000 word essay which i had to read one book for, this weds just gone, i handed in a 1500 word essay which i had to read 2 books for, i gotta do an hour's presentation on 'the gods will have blood' on monday, which i need to read the book for, THEN in 2 weeks time i have a 5000 word essay - 3 books excld 2ndary sources, the week after that i have a 6000 one- 2 books excld 2ndary sources, and then on may 9th i have to hand in my dissertation which is about 8000+ words about 5 books excld 2ndary sources.

i'm revelling in my day off today - it's the only one i'm going to have in a WHILE :(

uni is fantastic, but bloody hard work towards the end of the year - first year is an absolute doddle - hardly any work - i think 3 essays a year per module with a max of 2000 words, 2nd year is a bit harder and this year... well i haven't seen the inside of a pub yet this year, let's put it that way

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:42 pm 
Major Looney

OUCH! Sounds so stressful :( Im not a fan of English myself, although Im quite natural at it. I applied for Veterinary Medicine at Liverpool, Bristol and Nottingham, all of whom rejected me (you need 10 weeks work experience to even get an interview) which is probably one of the hardest degrees you can do as well.
I do have offers at Liverpool for Bioveterinary Science, Anatomy & Human Biology and Marine Biology, and Notts for Animal science. They nicely thought my application was good enough for Biovet/Animalsci! I like liverpool so Id like to got there - its only half an hour from my home too.
I hope you plough through all that work! Im feeling for you :(

Im doing my A2 Eng. Language project on Monty P, which is the only thing that makes me do it, so its kinda fun to dissect all the different meanings. Ive typed so much my head is numb, so Im off to make it even number ;)

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly