Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:59 pm 
Senior Looney

It's bloody HOT AS HELL here. I really wish it summer would give autumn amiss and go straight on into winter. :D
Of course it doesn't help that I was trudging around campus all day...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:49 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

Slightly overcast today. On a larger note was very disappointted with this so called winter we had this year. Antarctica here I come.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:54 pm 
Senior Looney

It's hotter than yesterday! *dies of heat stroke*
I have to walk up about five flights of outdoor stairs to get from building to building on my campus, so yeah... by the time I got to the other building I was drenched in sweat. It was gross.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:30 pm 
Hot Hungarian

very warm today...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:20 pm 
It was raining now, just for a change.
It was a particular type of rain that he particularly disliked, particularly when he was driving. He had a number for it. It was rain type 17.

He had read somewhere that the Eskimos had over two hundred words for snow, without which their conversation would probably have got very monotonous. So they would distinguish between thin snow and thick snow, light snow and heavy snow, sludgy snow, brittle snow, snow that came in flurries, snow that came in drifts, snow that came in on the bottom of your neighbour's boots all over your nice clean igloo floor, the snows of winter, the snows of spring, the snows you remember from your childhood that were so much better than any of your modern snow, fine snow, feathery snow, hill snow, valley snow, snow that falls in the morning, snow that falls at night, snow that falls all of a sudden just when you were going out fishing, and snow that despite all your efforts to train them the huskies have pissed on.

Rob McKenna had two hundred and thirty-one different types of rain entered in his little book, and he didn't like any of them.

Since he had left Denmark the previous afternoon, he had been through types 33 (light pricking drizzle which made the roads slippery), 39 (heavy spotting), 47 to 51 (vertical light drizzle through to sharp slanting light to moderate drizzle freshening), 87 and 88 (two finely distinguished varieties of vertical torrential downpour), 100 (post downpour squalling, cold), all the seastorm types between 192 and 213 at once, 123, 124, 126, 127 (mild and intermediate cold gusting, regular and syncopated cab-drumming), 11 (breezy droplets) and now his least favourite of all, 17.

Rain type 17 was a dirty blatter battering against his windscreen so hard that it didn't make much odds whether he had his wipers on or off. He tested this theory by turning them off briefly, but as it turned out the visibility did get quite a lot worse. It just failed to get better again when he turned them back on.

As he drove on, the rainclouds dragged down the sky after him, for, though he did not know it, Rob McKenna was a Rain God. All he knew was that his working days were miserable and he had a succession of lousy holidays. All the clouds knew was that they loved him and wanted to be near him, to cherish him, and to water him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:59 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
Well, here in London the weather is quite cloudy, but amazingly it hasn't rained since I arrived last Sunday!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:32 pm 
Senior Looney

It's calm, and I'm not by a palm, so no need for balm. Yet, I'll sod off to invest in halm. Sorry for the qualm.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:34 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

It's starting to warm up. And of course it is spring so my asthma is starting to be a pain in the arse.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:18 pm 
Senior Looney

It's 2-1 currently, but I don't know about the fog (whether it'll appear, or appear and disappear, or appear and disappear, re-appear and stay).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:48 am 
Senior Looney

fog and those aliens who landed yesterday
under the cover of that fog
(also alien?) :x

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:47 pm 
Senior Looney

Seems like it's more smog than fog today. Not that there is no fog at all, but the amount of smog has increased, no doubt about that. Furthermore, it's raining cog currently, with the possibility for a bog-based wind later on. There was also a man earlier on who suggested that there would be the odd wog appearing with uneven intervals, but said man was swiftly removed within seconds. In addition, I just received secret information revealing that there will be a session with focus on nog soon, but sadly, I must end now in order to maintain the log.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:16 pm 
Major Looney

Location: I'm really in Swamp Castle, but for legal reasons I have to say I'm in Liverpool.
jamieaiken919 wrote:
It's hotter than yesterday! *dies of heat stroke*
I have to walk up about five flights of outdoor stairs to get from building to building on my campus, so yeah... by the time I got to the other building I was drenched in sweat. It was gross.

Do you live in england? I cant imagine enlgand being that hot!) Are a male Jamie or a female one? I knew a girl called Jamie so I had to check :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly