Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: I MET ERIC IDLE!!!!!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:44 pm 
Senior Looney

Location: Usually Barcelona (Spain), but I'm in London right now :)
I'm happy. Not happy, euphoric.

I still can't believe it. From now on the 6th November will be always remembered as the E-Day. It was the day when I MET ERIC IDLE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

He came to Barcelona to attend Spamalot there. I'm living in London right now but of course when I knew he was coming to my city I quickly booked a flight. Yes, it was quickly: 5 minutes after reading the new in internet I had the flight booked.

I took many pics of the event just to share my happiness with you, and also to allow you know where's been Eric lately. As far as I know he's still in Barcelona, tonight he has been in a football match there. But I guess he'll leave tomorrow or so. I'm back in London ready to tell you everything.

Here there are many pics of his arrival (I'm the blonde waiting for him in the first one, and next to him in the second one, but the bloody security member ruined the picture):

Here you can see him on the stage after the show. Yeay, I've been in the same theatre as Eric!!! I was in the first row (of course :D) and he was just 4 or 5 rows behind me!! :D

When the show finished there was a huge "exclusive" party in the theatre bar to which I wasn't invited, but as I wanted a decent pic of me with Eric I managed to convince my friend to wait for him outside the theatre. He wasn't very happy but he saw I was so excited that he finally agreed. At the beginning there was plenty of people waiting there, but slowly they left until there only remained 5 people including me. After being there for more than an hour one of the directors of the show came out because he was going home and when he saw us he said that if we wanted to meet Eric we had his permission to come up to the party. Of course that's what we did and we passed by all the actors and such. Then one of the security members brought us to.... Eric!!!!!! And I must say he was nicer than I expected!!!! He talked to us for about 15 minutes, signed everything and posed for all the pictures we asked him. Here there are some of the pics:

Believe me, when I was next to him my voice and my hand were trembling so much that he could hardly pick the pen I was handing.

Here Eric was asking me to give him my pen because the other didn't write, but I was very busy taking the pic and didn't hear him. That's why he has that inquisitive face and why the guy next to him is laughing :D:D

Here there is one I particularly like: I call it "From Robin to Robin", as the boy who Eric is signing is the Spanish sir Robin :D:D

And my favorite one:

And finally all the stuff he signed for me. It's a pity I forgot to bring the "Greedy Bastard Diary", but anyway...:

The London's Spamalot program (inside it is signed by the whole London cast):

The "Eric Idle sings Monty Python" cd:

Two pics of him:
When he saw this one he said "Oh, that's a really old pic!", and I answered "Yeah, but you look great there sir" :oops:

And finally, my Rutles movie. It was funny because he asked me "How do you want me to sign it, as Eric Idle or as Dirk McQuickly?". I answered "As you want" so he signed with both names :D:D

And it was also funny because when I had everything signed and the pics made etc. I just rested there staring at him. Then the Spanish actor who plays Patsy came to me and said "Oh what's this movie, the Rutles?". He said he didn't know it, and I recommended him to watch it. It was funny because in any other occasion I would be like "OMG, one of the Spamalot actors is talking to me and asking me things!!". But at that moment I could only focus my attention on Eric and all I was able to mutter was "I can't believe it" again and again. After about 15 minutes we thanked him sincerely for being sooooo nice and we left.

I hope you liked the pics, and maybe you understand why now I'm the happiest girl in the world (although 2 days have passed) :D:D:D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:07 am 
Admin Overlord

I'm so jealous!!!

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:28 am 
Senior Looney

:D:D

I envied you the same when you met Terry J (well, or maybe not, as Eric has always been my favorite Python) :D:D

And guess? While I was next to Eric someone approached and told him something, and he said "Say no more!". Then he realized what he had said and started "Oh! Say no more, say no more!!" xDxD

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:38 am 
Senior Looney

It's always so nice to look at such photos. Oh so happy moments.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:29 pm 
Major Looney

Location: I'm really in Swamp Castle, but for legal reasons I have to say I'm in Liverpool.
I am jealous of youuuuu! Its amazing when you meet someone you Idle-ise!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:19 pm 
Amazing Looney

You lucky, lucky bastard!
What's that on your shirt saying? a python phrase?
(i'm not dead yet?)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:19 pm 
Senior Looney

Yeah... I still can't believe it. I printed that picture of Eric and me and I have it next to the desk, and I take a look at it once in a while just to remember it wasn't a dream :D :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:21 pm 
Senior Looney

Gambolputty wrote:
You lucky, lucky bastard!
What's that on your shirt saying? a python phrase?
(i'm not dead yet?)

yeay, it's from London's Spamalot. Eric saw it too and laughed :D :D

One thing I realized is that Eric is much taller than I expected!! :D:D, Seriously, I thought he was shorter, and when I saw he was taller than me I loved him even more ^^

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:05 pm 
Senior Looney

Kiri, you lucky, lucky thing!!
I'd be insanely, spitefully jealous if I didn't love you so much. :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:07 pm 
Senior Looney

jamieaiken919 wrote:
I'd be insanely, spitefully jealous if I didn't love you so much. :lol:

That's nice :D :D And don't worry, soon or later a Python will cross your path :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:23 pm 
Amazing Looney

Kiri_84 wrote:
soon or later a Python will cross your path :wink:

one cross each

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 pm 
Senior Looney

Today I've read something that has stopped my heart for at least half a minute: Eric is in London right now, just like me!! And so are John Cleese and Robin Williams (who I fortunatelly met this evening, I'm telling everything in another post in the "Silly" section:D) I read it today in the London Paper. Eric's the one dressed in white in the second picture, and John is in the first pic with Andrew Sach's (Fawlty Tower's Manuel):

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current