Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: Re: GOD rants!!!
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:35 am 
Just Plain Amazing

Ok time for an old family favourite. 11:38pm on the clock!

Before we begin. I'm 15,330 miles from Chicago (most direct walking route according to google maps) I don't have need for a full tank of gas, mainly because I don't have a tank. I think I have one cigarette floating around this room somewhere and yes it is dark and i'm wearing sunglasses (well not anymore as they were giving me a migrane).

Ok this was inspired to 2 reasons the first being the introduction of the "post thine musings" thread and the fact that you beloved GOD is currently an emotional wreck, though for some unknown reason even though he wants to burst out in tears he can't.

Ok so whats wrong you ask??? First things first, i'm terrified that in the coming weeks i'm going to lose my job. Not that i'm particularly fond of it or anything but having some money is nice and as stated 1001 times I do intend to visit some of you sometime in the next 10,000 years. For those of you who don't know any or the whole story - i am currently an IT apprentice, for those playing at home it means I work 4 days a week and "study" the other one. The problem coming into this was I had no idea about computers, sure I knew the basics and maybe a few things your average pc user wouldnt, but I had no idea about the technical sh*t and whenever I opened a computer and took parts out, they were never going back in... Here's me applying for any and every job possible, and somehow actually getting this one. Next thing ive moved 300km to the nations capital where i know maybe 5 people. Ok so problem one with this job (which is still a problem to this day) my work part involve answering calls on a help desk and my course of applications development, the 2 have absolutely nothing to do with each other. So i love my help desk job after overcoming my fear of talking on the phone with strangers, but i absolutely hate my course which to me is live algebra with words, a lot of nonsensical bullsh*t. So I struggle to grasp whats going on, get frustrated and after about 2 months completely give up cause im over it. 6 months into the job im moved from the helpdesk (which i was loving) to desktop support (where they fix computers etc etc) I hate this because I have no idea about fixing computers and instead of giving me a supervisor to guide and teach me they stick me with some complete freak who doesn't know how to deal with people and so i have a horrible experience trying to work in this section. During this time an opportunity for a permanent job on the help desk arose and though i applied and had an interview I was denied because and I quote "I was nervous in the interview", to which my response was basically are you f**king serious..... once again I struggled with the course and gave up caring about it. So today I start the first day of my next rotation, in an area where they don't actually do anything with computers, apart from buy them.... I spent at least 5 of the 7 hours bored out of my mind. Anyways once again this has nothing to do with my course (even though I was promised I would be put in a section where I would be doing something similar to help with the fact im failing). So anyways it is looking very much because of my bad grades that I will be fired shortly, afterwhich I have no idea what i'll do, apply for more jobs im qualified for and get knocked back for being nervous, or too young or not a women or...........

Ok so we move on to the thing that has me really pissed off and devastated and etc etc I was informed last night that, the one person I really wanted to attend my birthday party is not allowed to because her father said so. (Some of you already know who I mean) I'm so devastated because I haven't seen her in over a year and was really looking forward to seeing her when she promised me a month ago that she would come. It really pisses me off that the only reason she is not coming is her father, I mean she will be 20 years old 4 days after my birthday. (Which is the 14th of January for those playing at home...get me something nice :P ) This is the 3rd time i've invited her to my birthday and she hasn't been allowed to come, seriously I would love to smack this bloke in the head with a shovel, but i dont see that working out well for anyone involved. I'm also upset because she was supposed to bringing another friend I haven't seen in a very long time.

Not that this matters as it doesn't look like i'll be having a party, as everyone seems to have something on, or they are holidaying overseas or they have no money left from Christmas. Though I should have known it was going to not work out i mean the last 3 haven't why should this one. So i think I should just give up and not try anymore, its not worth the stress and disappointment when something I get so excited about and put my heart and soul into doesnt work out...

Ok f**k all this negativity its just building up tears that wont fall and unlike the BFMV song they don't crash around me (though I wish they would).

Onto the one thing that has made me really happy lately and that is my late night convos (either her or me one of us is up at 4am) with a certain someone who will remain nameless, though most people probably know who it is!!! She has given me real reason to smile lately and i think i'd be totally lost without her friendship. As well as the friendships of others who haven't beem directly there as of late but who i feel i can always count on in times of need.

Back to something else that is really pissing me off is this stupid f**king heat, I cannot stand summer, being hot, sticky, sweaty. Struggling to sleep. Not being able to do more than 5 mins exericse (even basic stuff like walking) without getting dehydrated. I seriously need to move to a cooler climate. (My best option probably being tasmania, which is where I think im going if this whole job thing doesn't work out)

So another year has past and once again I got fatter, once again I spent most of my time alone. All I want is someone I can spend my spare time with, someone to snuggle upto at night, just someone. amyone I don't care.......

So there we go an hours worth of Samuels thoughts and concerns, ive noticed that unlike previously hour posts I haven't used as much humour and quotes and it has been pretty structured and not as random as I would like, though who knows they are claim change is good....

So with that I shall love you and leave you, hope those who I sent cards to like them, hopefully you'll get them soon.

Love Always Samuel aka Sister MAry Elephant aka GOD aka what ever else you bastards have been calling me behind my back...

By the way I have cheated by a few minutes but whats a few minutes between friends and beside now I get to struggle to get a few hours sleep before heading off to my stupid f**king job...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:16 pm 
Looney Elite

ouch...

i'll offer again: if you ever want any help getting to know computers better or whatnot, drop me a message or something. i know my sh*t, and i'm pretty good at explaining stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:31 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

Dennis wrote:
ouch...

i'll offer again: if you ever want any help getting to know computers better or whatnot, drop me a message or something. i know my sh*t, and i'm pretty good at explaining stuff.

Cheers lad, its mostly programming stuff at the moment. Namely java and python.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:31 am 
Just Plain Amazing

Ok so i'm upset, but I can't cry, I wanna let out these stupid emotions and can't!!!! What the f**k is going on????

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:44 pm 
Amazing Looney

What's going on? What's the problem? Vent, GOD, VENT! Take a deep breath and let it all out.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:44 pm 
Just Plain Amazing

(Still haven't cried but need too badly)

Problem is im still totally in love with a girl, who made promises to visit an then wasnt allowed to come visit and who i can't stop thinking about and yadayadayada

Post Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:07 am 
Meh

i know how you feel samuel. i've been chatting to a really nice sexy american chick for months now, she's 28. we have so much love for each other that we really wanna meet. we talk near everynight on cam (no wisecracks plz, heh) so it's not like it's just all words and pictures. we often play beatles songs to each other (like i am right now). it gets a bit much sometimes though because of the time differences.

big problem, she's afraid to travel out of state on her own let alone visit abroad, and we both have little money anyway. so yep i know just how it is :(

Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:34 pm 
Major Looney

Location: I'm really in Swamp Castle, but for legal reasons I have to say I'm in Liverpool.
Sorry to hear about all this stuff making you angry samuel - I hope they work out. I couldn't read all that, I won't lie to you but I hope they stop.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:30 am 
Just Plain Amazing

Ok for my 6000 post I thought id have a go at another hour post. It has been a while but I thought seeing as though im upto a major milestone I better do something special, for those who still read what goes on around here. The event is somewhat depressing seeing its the first 000 post where there was no competition to see who would get there first... (For those who don't know what I am talking about it was my goal from day one to be number one poster on this forum, on that day number 1 was about 900 posts, about a year after joining I was unable to access the site for a period of about 9 months, upon my return the new number 1 was aprx 1600 posts to a young American lad going by the name of "Dennis", so going off my original vow I started the quest to knock off this cocky young bastard. Soon after he hit 2000 posts a major milestone at the time. And from there the race to 3000 was on and from there 4000 and 5000. But here I am at 6000 and no sign of my young sexy friend... After personal reasons he felt the need to bow out of the race.)

So 6000 posts, it has been a long 5 years since a younger Samuel typed Monty Python into google and stumbled across this place. Wasn't sure what user name to go by as at the time he used mostly cheech and chong references for usernames and emails etc But settled upon GOD as it just so happened that was the scene that was on TV at the time. From there I have come to love this place sometimes putting my heart and soul into keeping it alive and other times having great and "meaningful" conversations with friends and on a few occassions enemies (well enemy, theres only really been one). I have met some awesome, interesting and a few weirdos.... And have made some wonderful friends who I hope will remain so for years to come. Technically I have met several members but considering I got a few of them to sign up and they never have much to say... So in real terms I have met one person from these parts (well she did a runner on us too) but on a trip to Adelaide I did meet the lovely Fogchicken. I have said and hope to one day meet many more of our current and past looneys. But only time will tell on that one. And yes as stated if I ever am lucky enough to win millions you will all recieve a plane ticket in the mail and there will be a party somewhere!

Well this really hasn't been much of a "rant" more a look back at a little history.... And with my hour almost up I would like to throw out a few thankyous.

Adam for creating this marvellous place as well as the one before this one.

Cardinal Fang for always being there to keep this crazy Aussie in line.

Dennis for taking me with a grain of salt, we've had some good times and it was a shame to see you go lad.

Ray Ray or whatever name you go by these days... I love you to death my dear as you know, though you are currently being a snob....

Shauny for having the ability to make me smile when I am sad, reading your posts whenever im in a bad mood always seems to make me happy Miss Theo!

Jinx it was a shame you had to leave it was always good to have someone else to be as passionate and crazy as me. Also loved your ability to sh*t stir!

Mr Procrastinating Bastard, for your ability to put up with me doing everything in my power to kill your story.

Also special mentions to all the others Laurelin, Polo Tottie, Fogchicken, Chesire Cat, Dark and Lumpy, Mrs Norris, Thelwat and all the rest who I have come to know and love over the years!

Oh and how could I forget some of my current loves! Concorde and Jamieaiken!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:38 am 
Paranoid Android

What, and you're the top poster, now?
Fiddlesticks :|

Love ya back Aussie

Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:23 am 
Just Plain Amazing

Jinx wrote:
What, and you're the top poster, now?
Fiddlesticks :|