Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly

Post subject: Please visit, or else...
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:43 pm 
Starting Loony

There is a forum out there in the wilderness under the name of Putting Things On Top Of Other Things. It's populated by a few intelligent idiots who come from a background of Monty Python, I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, and other such lunacies.

It started out in Australia (well, we all have to live somewhere) and spread across the globe. It's totally non-profit.

We're trying to recruit new members. For my sins I am the appointed Publicity Executive and Recruitment Ambassador. No, I don't like the title either, but I didn't create it, besides which I was forced to take the role under dire threats (the previous office holder having been "removed" due to lack of performance). He hasn't been seen since. I wish to avoid that fate. :shock:

I would be most grateful if I could mention our lowly forum in your prestigious community. I have no wish to spam your forum, nor will I ever do so.

Anyway, we do need some help to bring new blood into our currently small community, so please take a look at www dot puttingthingsontopofotherthings dot com.
This has a link to the main Putting Things On Top Of Other Things forum.

For what it's worth, even though we have a small membership we still manage an average of 26 posts a day, and I'd like to increase that.

We are no competition to your own illustrious forum, more of a silly distraction!

Many thanks for reading my drivel. At least it keeps me off the streets for a while. :D

Mr Runaway
Publicity Executive and Recruitment Ambassador
(The silliest title I've ever held. Not that I've held any others)

Post subject: Re: Please visit, or else...
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:31 am 
Senior Looney

To God,

Well this sounded interesting so I checked it out. Mind you the main reason for looking into this was because I am opposed to putting things on top of other things. I've always been in favor of putting things under other things. And so I must admit that going to this forum was mainly to argue with these putting things on top of other things sort of people.

Once there I looked the place over. Silly sort of place really. Meaning that to a certain degree I liked it. But I did run into a problem that I was not to happy with. During the registration process it seems that a valid cell phone number is asked for and failing that, meaning I wouldn't provide one, it seems one can not proceed. Meaning a confirmation e-mail does not get sent, and therefore you can not fully join. Meaning one can not sign in and post.

I find it quite strange that one needs to provide that type of information in order to discuss the putting of things on top of other things. Or in my case to take the opposing viewpoint. I also noticed that on the page asking for the cell phone number that I wouldn't provide there was all this blah, blah, blah, about special offers and such. I can only conclude that this site is not so much to discuss the process of putting things on top of other things, but is instead a place where they try to sell you things to put on top of other things. A totally different thing all together don't you think?

As such I appeal to the wisdom of God in seeing this for what it seems to be, and that is spam.

Yours sincerely,

Ximinez (Grand Inquisitor, Lord of the High Fane, and all around nice guy......Mrs.)

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/ ... nsored.gif

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:13 pm 
Admin Overlord

I wasn't asked to give a phone number. Might have been an anti-spam exercise. I was on the other hand asked to engage in some mental arithmatic.

I think it looks like a genuine forum dedicated to the noble art of putting of things on top of other things.

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 pm 
Senior Looney

Cardinal Fang wrote:
I wasn't asked to give a phone number. Might have been an anti-spam exercise. I was on the other hand asked to engage in some mental arithmatic.

How did you do?

Quote:
I think it looks like a genuine forum.......

Fair enough, but please............

Quote:
.......dedicated to the noble art of putting of things on top of other things.

CF

.....noble art??? I mean nothing wrong with putting things on top of other things, but it pales in comparison to putting things under other things. And then there is of course the best of all things, meaning putting things into other things. No, no, no, my friend. Putting things on top of other things is really just a tad pedestrian and almost hardly worthy of mention when compared to the other things one can do with things.

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/ ... nsored.gif

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 am 
Meh

The board itself is hosted by freeforums so it's safe(ish).

One drawback feature of the site is that admin likes to approve every post before it appears on the forum. I just hope that all these posts which he puts on top of his awaiting approval list doesn't pile up too high to collapse on top of him killing him instantly. It would make posting there a bit more trickier than usual in the future.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 am 
Meh

Ahh, now I know why. It's only upto a set number of about 5 posts before it becomes unmoderated. I guess this is to keep all the people away who prefer to lay things out side-by-side.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:24 am 
Just Plain Amazing

GOD is out at the moment but if you would like to leave your name after the tone he may get back to you.... *Beep*

Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:12 pm 
Meh

Hammy!

*click*

Post Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:50 pm 
Admin Overlord

* heavy breathing *

Ooop - need my inhaler!

CF

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Silly