Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current

Post subject: Any NEW python sketches/movies coming out?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:20 pm 
Starting Loony

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:30 am 
Admin Overlord

Unlikely - although we'd all like to see it.

CF

----------------------
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.geocities.com/fang_club

Reply address is NEVER CHECKED. Contact me at "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:49 am 
Starting Loony

Oh well, at least there's series three of little britain to look forward to.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:46 am 
Major Looney

NO, Graham Chapman is dead, in case you didn't know it, so The Meaning Of Life is the last complete python thing.

Anyway even if he were alive they'd be a group of old people today. The world of comedy has changed since monty python - and because of monty python - so I don't think it would be funny anymore.

Anyone else got a stupid question?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:14 am 
Starting Loony

Oooh me!
What's strawberry jam made of?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:34 pm 
Starting Loony

Yeah, I have one. Who put the "Bomp in the Bomp shoo Whomp shoo Whomp?"

.....The guy asked an honest question most fringe Python fans may be wondering. Why call it stupid?[:(]

Peace Y'all.

Run Away!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:42 pm 
Starting Loony

...As I was typing that last post, I caught the tail end of a commercial on the cable station "A&E", and they were proclaiming that whatever they were selling (a DVD I assume) contains, "The first new material by the Pythons in over X amount of years." So, I guess it wasn't such a stupid question. Has anyone else heard of a new DVD? I'll post back if I see the commercial again.

B.T.W., I don't mean to be rude or an agitator when I reference the above poster's "stupid question" remark. I just think it was an honest and, apparently, appropriate question. I wonder what the new material could be? Here's hoping for some gems. I think it is possible, tho Graham Chapman will be missed. He was truly a force to be reckoned with.

Run Away!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:00 am 
Major Looney

Well, perhaps.
But those DVD's are just another attempt to squeeze money out of you.
It's NOT monty python, it's merely each living member showing 55 minutes of what he consideres his favourites = material we already know.
The "new" part in that is probably their commentary. But they are NOT reuniting for this, so I don't see any new sketches there.*

*Possible exception is Graham's DVD. But like they pointed out themselves, they each have their own projects and it's impossible to get them ALL together. Even for the 30th anniversary Eric wouldn't come.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:36 am 
Starting Loony

Well, perhaps as well.[;)]

I saw the commercial again and it did look as though it consists of material by the Python that the DVD centers on. The DVDs are called something like, "The persoanl Best of...". Basically a one man show by either Idle or Palin whose "Personal Bests" are the only two for sale, or at least the only two shown on T.V.
I agree that it seems like a quick cash-in and one can only imagine the techniques they may use to seque from showing clips to the "shot on video" comedy bits by Palin and Idle. I cringe. I posted the above post, as stated, after catching the tail end of the commercial as I was writing on this site so I didn't know if it was a team effort or not. It apparently is "or not".

Buy the Python complete DVD set, providing there are no edits which I thought I read about. Buy their movies. Stay away from retreads and cash-in rip-offs tho. Why encourage them by buying crap? I wish I saw more young comics performing NEW material WRITTEN by the old Pythons, either as a group or as individuals. I'd rather see a fresh, energetic performer doing a bit written by Cleese than see him hawk one more dust-buster or whatever else he sells on American T.V.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, tho. That was my basic, still standing point. I don't think they will ever reunite and, as I felt after Lennon was shot dead, that after the passing of Graham Chapman, it was over for the Pythons anyway. Remember the ending of "The Meaning of Life" where the familiar sound of the Liberty theme clangs and we see a T.V. set floating away into space with the Python show playing? I think that poignant ending says it all.

Have a good weekend Y'all. Peace.[;)]

Run Away!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:54 pm 
Major Looney

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Buy the Python complete DVD set, providing there are no edits which I thought I read about.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">The series DVD set HAS been cut.

Also, I don't want to appear too negative, but most things the pythons wrote alone are considerably LESS funny. There are of course exceptions like Fawlty Towers. But Yellowbeard or Jabberwocky or Time Bandits or stuff like that never really equalled their combined team succes.

This is nøt å signåture.
[url="http://www.petitiononline.com/jakejour/petition.html"]Petition for the release of Graham's last work[/url]
www.montypythonmuseum.tk
http://s10.invisionfree.com/SpinyNormans_Britcom

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:01 pm 
Starting Loony

i asked you a question:
What's Strawberry Jam made of?Well,punk?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:15 pm 
Major Looney

Surely someone can think of something REALLY funny to answer?

OK, I didn't have a lot of patience there, but the last python movie dates from 1983. That's a clue telling it's over. Any coming back now would be a pathetic incomplete group of old men. (OK, there are still a few sketches that would work with that, such as the four yorkshiremen.)

Board index » Monty Python Forums » Current